Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. Is it paint? Integration into the head done badly? Not seeing a sculpt difference, at least not with that comparison.

It looks like a bit of everything if you ask me. The bottom lip looks more prominent on all of the "final" faceplates. The paint also looks different from the prototypes (May be just due to lighting??). And they don't seem to sit as well in the cowl, especially the last one on the right.

Back to Robo, you don't think HT did a good job on the PW likeness?

Well from the prototype they did but after seeing that the drastic changes the Batman Armory face plates went to I am worried the Hot Toys one will also suffer from the same fate and thus, the likeness won't be as good as the likeness on the EB one.

It looks like a bit of everything if you ask me. The bottom lip looks more prominent on all of the "final" faceplates. The paint also looks different from the prototypes (May be just due to lighting??). And they don't seem to sit as well in the cowl, especially the last one on the right.

They just looked like they deformed versions from the prototype face plates. :thud:

You decide.

Prototype (I thought these looked amazing):

View attachment 130929

Final (Uh, not so much):

View attachment 130930

Could this also be the lighting ?

HT pics and Jingobell pics have different lighting and shades....
Certain lighting and shades often bring out different tones and color of the figure or the skin color and also the placement of the lights and dark could trick the eyes to see differently....

(HT pics have that greenish tint, whereas Jingobell has more of the natural lighting look more)

My EB RoboCop, under certain convention hall lighting in pictures, he appear just silver.... at the convention floor, when you see him in person, the hues of purple and blue comes out.
Also when I take pics of my RoboCop under natural sunlight, the blue and purple also shows.

Could this also be the lighting ?

HT pics and Jingobell pics have different lighting and shades....
Certain lighting and shades often bring out different tones and color of the figure or the skin color and also the placement of the lights and dark could trick the eyes to see differently....

(HT pics have that greenish tint, whereas Jingobell has more of the natural lighting look more)

My EB RoboCop, under certain convention hall lighting in pictures, he appear just silver.... at the convention floor, when you see him in person, the hues of purple and blue comes out.
Also when I take pics of my RoboCop under natural sunlight, the blue and purple also shows.

You're right, it could be the lighting. The figure in JingoBell's pics looks lifeless. Some of the mouthplates don't seem to fit inside the cowl very well. I hope the product in hand proves these concerns unfounded.

And back to the subject of the thread, the Enterbay Robo is very well done!

Enterbay - RoboCop

Great pictures, Franpincho! This thread really has died, huh? :lol But it's nice to see someone still appreciates this piece as much as I do! Sure, he may feel a little on the fragile side, but he looks amazing and has so much presence when properly posed and set up. Amazing pics, Bro!

Are you getting the HT 1/6 version? TDK armory was a flop?? I haven't been keeping up with the new releases, been kinda out of the loop.

Thanks Saigon! Yup, he's fragile as a feather, and posing him without a stand IS a mistake as he WILL EAT THE FLOOR and it won't be pretty. I don't recommend that at all, I was actually quite worried while posing him.... Thankfully nothing bad happened.

I'm not getting the 1/6 TDK or any future TDK releases for that matter. I choose to keep the 1/4 EB and the HT 1/4 for the time being. Sold every other 1/6 Nolan figure as well as the vehicles and got me a pretty penny for 'em. I believe that those two 1/4 are an excellent representation of the Nolan Films (a 1/4 Joker would be cool, but I'm in no hurry) and that's it.

Great pics franpincho you certainly knew how to revive this thread! :clap

I think your predictions that you said a while ago might end up coming true in that this might be the definitive one to own and may have the best likeness to Weller as Robocop if Hot Toys screws up the likeness on the face plates like they have with the Batman Armory ones. :(

Thanks Dark!

And buddy, I really hope HT knocks this out of the park TBH! But just in case they don't, I'll just return the damn thing once I have it hand, that way I'll keep my NRD $$$. I'm tired of them not delivering on what's promised (ED -209 just pissed me off really bad). And well, in that case, I'll be more than covered with this guy!

Thanks Dark!

And buddy, I really hope HT knocks this out of the park TBH! But just in case they don't, I'll just return the damn thing once I have it hand, that way I'll keep my NRD $$$.

It will a huge disappointment if they don't, especially since the Hot Toys one has been delayed so many times already. :thud:

I'm tired of them not delivering on what's promised (ED -209 just pissed me off really bad). And well, in that case, I'll be more than covered with this guy!

Yeah if Hot Toys screws up the Weller likeness on the face plates then this is the best one you are going to get as far as likeness to Weller goes.

Considering there isn't a lot in the way of high-end RoboCop, every miss hurts. Like that statue with the non-Weller likeness.

You should totally get this figure, YF. You'll dig it for sure.

Price is QUITE the thing here though, but I saw one guy letting this go for around $400 here on the boards. I wish I had waited but then again it's Robocop, so f it.

You should totally get this figure, YF. You'll dig it for sure.

Price is QUITE the thing here though, but I saw one guy letting this go for around $400 here on the boards. I wish I had waited but then again it's Robocop, so f it.

The price kills it for me. If EB had skipped the jetpack and the Robert Burke head, it would've been more reasonable. That's why I'm hoping HT crushes it on the clean and BD versions.

The price kills it for me. If EB had skipped the jetpack and the Robert Burke head, it would've been more reasonable. That's why I'm hoping HT crushes it on the clean and BD versions.
Judging by their proto, I'd say just go for HT's BD Ver. I would rather have one clean Robo and 1 BD on display from HT.

Jesus...*****K!!!

mt5wcz.jpg

:crying :crying
I was very specific in my emails and on their form. Is it that hard to get this done right?

EB sent me the correct mouthplate about a month ago. :yess: They also refund me the shipping fees for their mistake.
All in all, it took 4 months to sort this out...Better late than never, right?

Anyway, it does look a LOT BETTER that way. :D

RoboCop - ENTERBAY 1/4 by David.T Photography, on Flickr

Back