English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does have the making of being a very strong team. They have brought very well . I thought LVG would have added Vlaar as he knows him and is decent and also only has the 1 year left. The bench needs some stronger players and I still think they need an engine, box to box kinda player.

We really should have added a striker but I guess we will add in January.
On the plus side, we didnt sign Welbeck :yess:
should sleep better tonight.

There were that many Dutch World Cup squad members linked during the summer I'm slightly suprised that only 1 actually arrived but all things considered I think the window ended being way better than expected.

The Glazers have rightly recieved flak for their tightfisted approach during the latter years of Fergie's tenure and but they've finally stepped up and backed the manager with large amounts of cash and will hopefully continue to do so for at least the next couple of windows.

I think Kevin Strootman is van Gaal's top target for the box to box midfielder role and subject to his recovery from the injury that kept him out of the World Cup will arrive in January, I wouldn't be at all suprised if some kind of pre-contract agreement has already been reached.

Spurs dodged a bullet by missing out on Welbeck and no matter what Fergie loyalists like Michael Phelan and David Beckham are now saying there's no point keeping homegrown players around when they can't do the job they're paid such obscene amounts of money to do.

Welbeck's 20 goals in 90 league games is not the record of a top class striker.

Falcao scored 41 in 51 games for Porto, 52 in 68 for Athletico and 11 in 20 for Monaco.

No contest :lol

Bendtner loved his bars alright

(couldn't find a pic that wasn't offensive to post :lol)

Marcos Rojo's work permit has finally been sorted out so he will be available for the game with QPR along with Daley Blind and Radamel Falcao.

It's also likely that Angel Di Maria will make his home debut and he'll be coming off a outstanding performance against the World Cup winners in which he got a goal and 3 assists.

Ronaldo has again said a return to United is something he won't rule out in his future plans....I get the feeling his agent has told him what wages he negotiated for Falcao :lol

Arsenal in for Mario Yepes (38) on a free??

I guess we can't be choosy at this point and it's better than not having an extra CB at all :dunno

Marcos Rojo's work permit has finally been sorted out so he will be available for the game with QPR along with Daley Blind and Radamel Falcao.

It's also likely that Angel Di Maria will make his home debut and he'll be coming off a outstanding performance against the World Cup winners in which he got a goal and 3 assists.

Ronaldo has again said a return to United is something he won't rule out in his future plans....I get the feeling his agent has told him what wages he negotiated for Falcao :lol

Hopefully he can bring that form against QPR. :pray:

Ronaldo should just come back and get it over with already. Plus, based on what others are getting he'll probably earn around 450-500k a week or something. :lol

Hopefully he can bring that form against QPR. :pray:

Ronaldo should just come back and get it over with already. Plus, based on what others are getting he'll probably earn around 450-500k a week or something. :lol

The strikers are not used to getting decent crosses so it might take them a while to adjust to Di Maria :lol

With the way that Madrid cast aside their Galacticos I could see Ronaldo coming back before his current 4 year deal is up particularly if van Gaal gets them back into Europe and a few more big names are snapped up.

If tubby is getting 300 grand a week then Ronaldo deserves at least double that amount. Which might sound nuts but if any player could justify such insane numbers on a paycheque it's probably him.....255 goals in 250 games for Real Madrid speaks for itself.

During a training sesson with Chile Arturo Vidal has aggravated the knee injury that restricted his World Cup appearances and that was thought to be the reason van Gaal wasn't that keen on signing him.

As much as United need a player with his qualities in their midfield they don't need a crocked one particularly at the sort of money that was being talked about.

Nice to see Danny score 2 goals tonight for England

Hopefully that will give him plenty of confidence for his Arsenal debut. Still surprised Utd sold Danny to us, he's not world class but the guy has so much potential

Nice to see Danny score 2 goals tonight for England

Hopefully that will give him plenty of confidence for his Arsenal debut. Still surprised Utd sold Danny to us, he's not world class but the guy has so much potential

I'm suprised actual money changed hands.

Much needed win for United. Won't be as easy against other opponents, but hopefully the performances will still be as attacking.

Have to say though, Chelsea look frightening. 7 goals in 4 games for Costa. What a buy.

Much needed win for United. Won't be as easy against other opponents, but hopefully the performances will still be as attacking.

Have to say though, Chelsea look frightening. 7 goals in 4 games for Costa. What a buy.

It was a great confidence booster for the new United but they have to build on it and get results against tougher opposition.

The new midfield cost around £142 million but considering the small amount of time that Blind, Herrera, Mata and Di Maria have trained together looked very good and they can only improve.

From an attacking perspective the only slight concern is that RVP is looking a bit sluggish but having Falcao as an alternate option isn't bad :lol

I still think they're a bit short at the back but Rojo looked comfortable and there's still Shaw to come in and more money could be spent in January so they're looking in much better shape.

Barring injuries I think Chelsea have to be favorites for the league this year, Mourinho has said Costa probably won't keep scoring quite as frequently but even he slows down a bit he's already looking like he'll get 30 with ease.

Utd WTF

They seriously need to buy some defenders but letting 5 in today against Leicester was unforgivable

Leicester's first penalty shouldn't have been given due to a foul on Rafael but even so the collapse was shambolic.

I expect more money to be thrown at the defensive problem in the next couple of windows but in the meantime United are going to be like Kevin Keegan's Newcastle, they'll score goals but they'll concede a crapload.

Back