Electric Tiki - "EOD" Buffy, Glory, & Dark Willow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preorder all 3. :banana

I'm a Buffy fan plus a Tracy Lee fan so these are no brainers to me.

I don't buy a lot of Buffy stuff but I love these tooned up maquettes.

I just hope we get Angel, Spike, and that Faith piece.

I would never know that was dark Willow if it wasn't said. Just looks like some pissed off girl I went to high school with.

I preordered Glory and Dark Willow. I don't really like how Dark Willow looks, but I felt like I had to get it. I will preorder EOD Buffy now, because it doesn't make sense not getting her while I got Glory and Will.

Wonder why Sideshow doesn't have production pics up for Glory?

I may preorder Glory and EOD Buffy from Sideshow and if funds get tight I can cancel (although I know I won't want to!). :lol

I heard today that dark willow looks a lot better in person then on the page. So I say, order her and you prob wont regret it.

Well, my streak of BAD luck with Sideshow* continues. I received my End of Days Buffy statue today, and the left thumb looks like it was sculpted by a three-year-old out of play-doh. It was obviously damaged during manufacturing/painting, but instead of scrapping the damaged piece, someone decided to slap a wad of something where the thumb should have been, and then paint over it.

Why does this crap always happen to me? :banghead

* Yes, I recognize that this piece technically came from Electric Tiki, not Sideshow, but that doesn't make it any less busted, or the return/wait process any less painful and annoying.

Well, my streak of BAD luck with Sideshow* continues. I received my End of Days Buffy statue today, and the left thumb looks like it was sculpted by a three-year-old out of play-doh. It was obviously damaged during manufacturing/painting, but instead of scrapping the damaged piece, someone decided to slap a wad of something where the thumb should have been, and then paint over it.

Why does this crap always happen to me? :banghead

* Yes, I recognize that this piece technically came from Electric Tiki, not Sideshow, but that doesn't make it any less busted, or the return/wait process any less painful and annoying.

I am so sorry. That really sucks!!!

I am so sorry. That really sucks!!!

It does, but what are ya gonna do? That's life, as they say. BTW, here is a photo of the damage. It amazes me that someone in the factory really thought this would not be noticed by a consumer. :lol

EOD_Buffy.jpg

It does, but what are ya gonna do? That's life, as they say. BTW, here is a photo of the damage. It amazes me that someone in the factory really thought this would not be noticed by a consumer. :lol

EOD_Buffy.jpg

You've got to be kidding me?!?! :mad::mad::mad: This makes me angry and it's not even my piece.

I would be flying off of the handle if I were you. Return that ASAP!

It still bugs me that they made Glory hold up the Dagon sphere like it's her weapon. They should've made her accessory one of those pimply minions.

Robo dad. I would return that! That is just plain wrong! I would be fuming if that was the one I got!!!!

Robo dad. I would return that! That is just plain wrong! I would be fuming if that was the one I got!!!!

This kind of thing has happened to me so many times that I no longer fume about it. I am just really disappointed with the QC from Sideshow. I realize that they can't open every single item they receive from the factory in China (or from their vendors, such as Electric Tiki), but the percentage of damaged items I have received over the years is far beyond what is considered acceptable in the manufacturing industry (about 1 out of every 3 or 4 items I receive has some obvious damage). I keep a history of all of these things, and I just checked. I've had to return 6 items for replacement in just the last year.

Anyway, I've received my RMA number, so it will be dropped off at the UPS store today.

After reading another post Robo I had to come in here and see what happened. Man, that thing is mucked up bad. The thing is though I doubt SS opens these ET pieces to check honestly. They're just distributed by them so I would venture to guess they just ship them. Now, items coming from them thats a whole different story.

I had an issue with my Buffy (first version) where the foot peg holes were too far apart on the base. I email SS about this. They had none in stock to replace, but suggested I gently pull the legs apart to make it stretch and fit. Followed that advice and one of her legs broke. I was not impressed. I was able to fix it somewhat and it's not too noticeable unless you look close, but still irks me.

I had an issue with my Buffy (first version) where the foot peg holes were too far apart on the base. I email SS about this. They had none in stock to replace, but suggested I gently pull the legs apart to make it stretch and fit. Followed that advice and one of her legs broke. I was not impressed. I was able to fix it somewhat and it's not too noticeable unless you look close, but still irks me.

Ok so that was a VERY stupid idea that SS had and advised you on. Seriously, they are not rubber, they are poleystone. They do.not.stretch. Goodness! I would have told them to find one! Or refund me. Then I would have bought her elsewhere.

Ok so that was a VERY stupid idea that SS had and advised you on. Seriously, they are not rubber, they are poleystone. They do.not.stretch. Goodness! I would have told them to find one! Or refund me. Then I would have bought her elsewhere.

I was pretty stupid for following it.

I was going to complain after the fact, but thought they might of tried to put it back on me. With something like ‘it was only advice you followed at your own risk‘. Though I was never warned in the email at anytime that if something goes wrong it’s at risk to you.

At the time I was cussing for a good few hours after at myself for being so dumb and the guy from SS for giving me such advice.

Lesson learned if something’s wrong return don’t attempt to fix!

Actually, I've done such things to a number of my statues including Buffy PF 1. The trick is to warm the polystone before (gently!) trying to stretch it. A hairdryer from 8-10 inches back for 30 seconds is usually enough. Of course there's a limit to how much it will give.

Actually, I've done such things to a number of my statues including Buffy PF 1. The trick is to warm the polystone before (gently!) trying to stretch it. A hairdryer from 8-10 inches back for 30 seconds is usually enough. Of course there's a limit to how much it will give.

Oh no your pf? What exactly happened?

I didn't know you could warm polystone to stretch. I do that with my 12" if I want to swap something out, like a head, haha...but I had no idea about ps.

It was no biggie. The legs were about 1/8" too close together to get the pegs in the holes in her heels right (a horrible design by SS, I have to say). I zapped one of the legs with a hairdryer and it became flexible enough to put her on the base. It cooled while on the base which reset the polystone to the correct width so now I can take her off and put her back on the stand without a problem. Aside from the pancake batter hair, she's now perfect.

I've had to do similar minor corrections to a couple other statues but the big stuff like major fit issues or things like paint scuffs I just send them back to replace or refund.

Back to the ET stuff, I have to admit with the cutting off of regular Buffy product, I am tempted to pick up an EOD Buffy. I think it would be a nice standalone piece (still not interested in any of the other statues either released or announced). Plus the prices are pretty low on it right now.

Back