Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man! I need to see pics of it! I can't get enough blaster goodness. I'm working a small run of 5 for some commissions... two down three to go. One will have electronics too..

Man I need to get with the seller tomorrow or something, I really want that Tie back.

That said, has anyone made a custom base for it? The EFX legend size base is so big it doesn't really fit on any of my shelves.

I was thinking about ordering some aluminum plate and machining the recess for the EFX pole...

Anyone made something smaller?

No way it goes up for PO this year. Bryan stated there was still quite a bit of work to be done. I think we'll see the Fett Legend helmet late this year, early next, then much later the Y-wing and then a year after that the mighty Star Destroyer!!
Whut? Although I love the Y-Wing design and briefly considered pre-ordering, it's not something ultimately that I need to own. The Star Destroyer, on the other hand, is something I've always wanted. So the Star Destroyer is confirmed, slynger? If so, I will start saving my pennies now. I don't own the X-Wing or TIE but think the Star Destroyer would be an amazing standalone ship to have.

That said, has anyone made a custom base for it? The EFX legend size base is so big it doesn't really fit on any of my shelves.

I was thinking about ordering some aluminum plate and machining the recess for the EFX pole...

Anyone made something smaller?

The base was too big for my display. I took a stainless steel plate and machined a hole to fit the rod. I painted the base and rod to give it an "outer-space" feel that didn't stick out. I found the stainless allowed for a nice small footprint but was more than sturdy enough to hold the model securely.

IMG_1387_zps9a3ea45f.jpg

IMG_1388_zps5f66c864.jpg

Nice! OK that is what I was picturing in my head to do. I was gonna go with aluminum since I work with it a lot... Stainless though...

I've machined mild steel, but not stainless. What tooling did you use to bore that hole?

Damn nice!

I also didn't like the chrome pole so I simply painted it black.

For me, it looks a lot better and focuses you on the model.

IMG_0125_zps88fd4e2d.jpg

The base was too big for my display. I took a stainless steel plate and machined a hole to fit the rod. I painted the base and rod to give it an "outer-space" feel that didn't stick out. I found the stainless allowed for a nice small footprint but was more than sturdy enough to hold the model securely.

IMG_1387_zps9a3ea45f.jpg

IMG_1388_zps5f66c864.jpg

Great! I like the black pole too! I think I'll do that to mine as well. It'll really help the model stand out.

And update: A new one is on the way.

BTW... UPS told the seller, no dice on a claim for "Insufficient packaging"

I was floored! Seriously? It was professionally manufactured JUST for that piece. UPS managed to puncture high density foam... when bashed. Come on!

Great! I like the black pole too! I think I'll do that to mine as well. It'll really help the model stand out.

And update: A new one is on the way.

BTW... UPS told the seller, no dice on a claim for "Insufficient packaging"

I was floored! Seriously? It was professionally manufactured JUST for that piece. UPS managed to puncture high density foam... when bashed. Come on!

UPS, FedEx, and USPS pull this constantly. It is very rare that they will actually honor the insurance purchased for packages. You can find countless threads all over the internet from people sending out their ebay sales only to have them destroyed by the package carrier, and they almost always never get refunded. Its so awesome to see that you had a seller that sent you a new one after being screwed by UPS. Most sellers will try to stick you with the damaged item and try to force you into going through UPS for the damage claim even though its against eBay policy. Its so good to see there are still good people out there on eBay.

How can they possible do this? I have been involved with claims with UPS and USPS for much worse packaging that they paid out.

Question on the damaged piece, are these pieces supposed to light up and does the damage effect that or are the electronics internal?

That damage is an easy fix. But if you can return it to ReplicasInc even better to get a new one instead.

BTW nice bases. Though I like the big base for the TIE, I'm not a big fan of the big bases for helmets.

I did return it, and he's already sending a new one thankfully. He's got mine up for sale now too on rebelscum and ebay. Someone should snag it for the discount.

Dang how many does he have?

I've been eyeballing the one over there that has the case with it.

Dang how many does he have?

I've been eyeballing the one over there that has the case with it.

Me too but too many issues with the one with the case, the scratches would drive me nuts, he says they aren't coming off according to the eBay listing.

Vader Al, no idea, but he said he was almost out... or was out. Can't recall. I just know there are few if any left new now. And the new price if he has them will be even higher than I paid...

The eFX TIE Fighter acrylic base scratches are easy fix. As I said on another board you can use Novus polish and all the acrylic scratches will be gone in seconds. A couple guys on another board used it for MR acrylic covers with instant success and 501st use it for armor. The metal sheet underneath could also be cleaned, take off the acrylic base (4 screws in corners) and simply wipe it carefully with a cotton cloth. Then add everything back as it was, carefully no dust to get between the metal and acrylic sheets.

Got my replacement tie today! Yay! all is good and it's fabulous on display.

I don't ever see getting off the wing bolt caps again, as they were tight putting them on. They have a finality to how tight they were. So I guess I can't sell it ever. ^_^

Back