'Edge of Tomorrow' - (formerly All You Need Is Kill) - Tom Cruise/Doug Liman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen this yet, but am looking forward to at some point. I think one of things going against this film is how many different titles it's gone through. First it was All you need is kill, then Edge of Tomorrow, now it's being sold as Live. Die. Repeat. WTF?

you obviously haven't seen the grapefruit vid. :monkey3

yoda.jpg

Somebody on 9gag posted something that I thought was really funny about Edge of Tomorrow being a movie about a gamer playing a game for the first time...

I could see that......I wish they would have done more with the ending than just
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw this tonight. I thought it was great. Not a huge fan of Cruise, but this might be added to the collection.

Really liked this film. Just got done watching for the first time.

Last edited:
Really liked this film. Just got done watching for the first time. The only thing I didn't really understand......and maybe I just missed something............was WHY the general was forcing Cruise's character into the battle when he knew he wasn't a soldier and then really screwed him over when he tried to get out of it. I understand why he got pissed when Cruise tried as a last ditch effort to blackmail him a bit, but he was dead set on sending him in even before that. I could have totally missed something that was said, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Any help?

It was a bit flimsy. What I took from it was that it was supposed to be a soft landing for the force Cage was to be embedded in. Cage had a reputation as a gun spinster/marketing guy, and the General wanted the invasion well promoted post-victory to justify to the public and politicians all the decisions he'd made along the way.

I think.

It was a bit flimsy. What I took from it was that it was supposed to be a soft landing for the force Cage was to be embedded in. Cage had a reputation as a gun spinster/marketing guy, and the General wanted the invasion well promoted post-victory to justify to the public and politicians all the decisions he'd made along the way.

I think.

Yeah, I rewatched the begging and took the same thing away from it. He wanted him to film some soldiers kicking butt and sell the story of a great victory then when Cruise threatened him with blackmail he got mad and really screwed him over.

I've got this and DOFP coming Tuesday from Amazon. I figured I'd heard enough good things about it that I'd go ahead and buy it.

I've got this and DOFP coming Tuesday from Amazon. I figured I'd heard enough good things about it that I'd go ahead and buy it.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Cruise may be a nut bag, but he does make some entertaining films.

Just saw this for the first time last night as well. I really enjoyed it. One thing that was kind of a turn-off from the trailer was just the casting of Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. I had such a hard time buying them as badass soldiers. But then the movie reveals that Cruise (and possibly Blunt as well)
Spoiler Spoiler:
I really liked that. The contrast between him panicking over not knowing where the safety button was to becoming a hardened chunk of battlefield iron was awesome.

Just saw this for the first time last night as well. I really enjoyed it. One thing that was kind of a turn-off from the trailer was just the casting of Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. I had such a hard time buying them as badass soldiers. But then the movie reveals that Cruise (and possibly Blunt as well)
Spoiler Spoiler:
I really liked that. The contrast between him panicking over not knowing where the safety button was to becoming a hardened chunk of battlefield iron was awesome.

It was funny watching his comrades faces in awe.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Exactly, they were selling how awesome a soldier could be with limited training in this suit because of "Full Metal *****",
Spoiler Spoiler:

Latest posts

Back