Ebay Boycott Feb 18th-25th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can this person leave her negative feedback without buy anything?

You do a buy it now. Don't pay. Then immediately leave negative.

With all of the negative feedbacks soon to be given, ebay does not have the manpower to investigate and retract every feedback.

You do a buy it now. Don't pay. Then immediately leave negative.

With all of the negative feedbacks soon to be given, ebay does not have the manpower to investigate and retract every feedback.

Wow that sucks. I guess buy it now will go away soon. :lol

Wow that sucks. I guess buy it now will go away soon. :lol

No, because that's what ebay wants. From my earlier post...

Food for thought:

With the new system, powersellers get discounts based on feedback ratings. So if ebay is giving discounts based on the number of negatives received, why would they EVER reverse a negative? More negatives = more profit for ebay!

I don't mean to sound like a broken record. I've been with ebay since 1997, thats 11 years. But ebay is destroying itself on purpose. Ebay is changing from a flea market to a mall of powersellers. :monkey2

No, because that's what ebay wants. From my earlier post...

I don't mean to sound like a broken record. I've been with ebay since 1997, thats 11 years. But ebay is destroying itself on purpose. Ebay is changing from a flea market to a mall of powersellers. :monkey2

No I mean people will stop posting those types of auctions. I personally never use buy it now. I will now confirm that I will never use buy it now. :D

More negatives = more profit for ebay!
This was exactly my point in my rant above. It will be very difficult even for a great seller to maintain feedback that will qualify for powerseller status and discounts with the buyer having free range to run around dropping negatives etc. Ebay has set a ball in motion that will create an even bigger burden on the Customer service and number of just plain jackassess sellers are going to have to deal with on ebay.

We all have read the posts about I sold something to X guy and it was delivered we have their signature confirmation yet paypal still refunded them claiming it was lost etc. Now imagine what those people are going to say to get Free shipping or when they say I think I paid to much for that item can you give me 10% off. What happens when that seller stands their ground they will be raked over the coals. Ebay by doing this policy has made negative feedback mean nothing at least to me. Before if someone had a negative you would guess it was a legit reason. Now they will be left because some crazy buyers didn't like the color of the tape on the box or UPS showed up before noon and they were sleeping.

I have always left feedback for buyers when the item ships which means it's been paid for first. That's right I do not wait for the buyer to leave feedback before I return the favor if you did everything you were supposed to do I leave a positive automatically when it ships. I only have 3 negatives. Now I have gotten into my share of crazy buyers on ebay that were totally unreasonable and the only reason those buyers didn't negative me is they were worried about getting it in return. I have only left a negative feedback for a few members that were just plain deadbeats and frauds. Overall the buyers on ebay are good ones but it's the bad apples that will spoil it for us all.

Ebay has effectively given the people that are out to fraud sellers more power to so. I am not sure how that makes Ebay a better place to buy or sell for anyone.

I'm wondering that too. How do I attach Google checkout to my ebay auctions so I can at least stop using Paypal?

Make a buy it now button on the google checkout site and put it in as html on the ebay site(same as bidpay)I'm all set up with google checkout now just had my bank account verified.:cool:

Make a buy it now button on the google checkout site and put it in as html on the ebay site(same as bidpay)I'm all set up with google checkout now just had my bank account verified.:cool:

Thanks, I think I'm going to have to set that up.

As a seller as well, with the new feedback, why would I even bother to give feedback to a buyer? What is my incentive?

It's a stupid change that buyers have been asking for. I once bought something from a seller who stated in his auction (this was about a year ago) that he didn't want feedback that he had decided to "opt out" of the feedback system. He was not interested in getting feedback from me and was not going to give any feedback no matter if I did or not. I might try that...

Count me in as well.

These new rules are just ridiculous. :confused:

Sellers will have absolutely no protection.

Maybe everyone should go open an account on one of the other auction sites. Even if you don't plan on using it, at least the sheer number of new accounts on those sites might get ebay's attention.

Lets keep this going!!

CNN has caught wind. There just might be a chance of us reversing the changes. Spread the word!!

https://money.cnn.com/2008/02/06/smbusiness/ebay_alternatives.fsb/index.htm

Ecrater got 7000 new accounts since the news broke! If you go to bidville.com you can actually transfer your feedback from ebay!! People are running from the monopoly that is ebay!!

what's the best alternate auction site that anyone recommends? i'll probably leave ebay too. hell the 2 negs i have now are from belligerent a-holes who left retaliatory feedback. it's just gonna be insane now.

I just signed up for the free account on OnlineAuction.com. I'll take a look around there for a while and see if its worth it to start selling there.... I am ready to ditch ebay.

Haven't bought from E-bay in over 6 months and while I've got a ton of stuff to sell (I was looking at it being my summer project) I think I'll hold off a little while longer.:D

Been getting e-mails from some the the sellers ive used reguarly, stating that they will be involved in the boycott. Sounds like it getting bigger.

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical, but this article reads like an ebay propaganda piece rather than objective reporting...

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/16/ebay-strike/

Yeah, way to NOT list the million wrong things about the new rules.
I feel like the article makes it sound as if the people boycotting are a bunch of small sellers who will have no impact. It also reads like they're saying the boycott probably won't even happen. Totally propoganda.

Back