Ebay Boycott Feb 18th-25th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets keep this going!!

CNN has caught wind. There just might be a chance of us reversing the changes. Spread the word!!

https://money.cnn.com/2008/02/06/smbusiness/ebay_alternatives.fsb/index.htm

Ecrater got 7000 new accounts since the news broke! If you go to bidville.com you can actually transfer your feedback from ebay!! People are running from the monopoly that is ebay!!

Lets keep this going!!

CNN has caught wind. There just might be a chance of us reversing the changes. Spread the word!!

https://money.cnn.com/2008/02/06/smbusiness/ebay_alternatives.fsb/index.htm

Ecrater got 7000 new accounts since the news broke! If you go to bidville.com you can actually transfer your feedback from ebay!! People are running from the monopoly that is ebay!!

Simply awesome!!!!

I am going to try some of these places out. I am also going to switch to using Google Checkout in the future. The revolution has arrived!!!!!!!:rock

Can anyone give me the rundown on Google Checkout? Does it charge you fees like Paypal does? Also, how easy is it to transfer the funds to your bank account etc? Can you direct link your auction invoices to pay with Google?

I have only used Google checkout to pay in the past but it was a piece of cake. Very fast and user friendly. Maybe the Irish Jedi can chime in on how it works from a seller's perspective.

I believe for some reason that the fees are much less. the problem only lies in the fact that people have paypal on their minds and it can be hard to change the habits of buyers.

Either way, I see this as a watershed for ebay. They will lose most of their customers if they don't shape up.

I have an eBay store with about 45 items currently listed. I want to take part, but not sure how to maximize my effect. Anyone?

I just signed up for google checkout and i can even post buy it now buttons on this site:cool:(great since i hate PP)

"Once your bank account is verified, you'll be eligible to receive payouts for your charged orders. Google will automatically initiate payouts to your account within two business days (please note your bank may take up to three additional business days to register the payout). Also, keep in mind that Google doesn't initiate deposits on weekends or banking holidays. For example, if you charge an order on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, your deposit will be initiated on Monday. If Monday is a banking holiday, your deposit will be initiated on Tuesday."

Yeah, I've been selling some stuff on Amazon more now. I used to think Amazon took too big a bite, but it's about the same as ebay now. The menus on Amazon are clunkier and harder to use, but I find listing quicker.

One thing you should know though, they don't allow some sellers to sell in the toys and games category during the Christmas season (you have to meet some minimum requirements). But I had a lot of success on Amazon clearing out my Hasbro McQuarrie collection for higher prices than on ebay. I think people who are skittish about ebay buy on Amazon.

So, count me in on the boycott. :chew

I didn't think Amazon was a viable option. Google checkout is very intriguing but I know I tried setting something up on it before and it wasn't straight forward in regards to receiving money. Can't remember why though.

It's pretty much just like PP i'm waiting for my bank account to be verified and then it's all good.(can start receiving payouts)

I have an eBay store with about 45 items currently listed. I want to take part, but not sure how to maximize my effect. Anyone?

If you have a store, the best effect is to put yourself on "vacation" for the week. This will save you from taking down and then reposting all of your stuff.

The future of ebay, TODAY!!

Read this message my friend with an ebay store just received:

From User: tjsmith9500 (1)
66.7% Positive Feedback
Member since Jul-22-01 in United States
Activity with tjsmith9500 (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from tjsmith9500
Activity with tjsmith9500 (last 90 days):tjsmith9500 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

friend of mine told me about you. I have over 30 nicks on here for various things. I can't wait for may to come. 1 item a week for 6 weeks with 29 nicks equals 174 negitives for you at one time. that should just about blow your reputation you arrogant piece of white trash. good thing ebay changed the rules. your gone about mid june, later PIG.

- tjsmith9500

So she sends the email to eBay as a threatening email. Their reply? We aren't going to do anything about it. :rotfl

Welcome to eBay circa June 2008. Do you want to be a part of this?

66.7% Positive Feedback

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

friend of mine told me about you. I have over 30 nicks on here for various things. I can't wait for may to come. 1 item a week for 6 weeks with 29 nicks equals 174 negitives for you at one time. that should just about blow your reputation you arrogant piece of white trash. good thing ebay changed the rules. your gone about mid june, later PIG.

- tjsmith9500

So she sends the email to eBay as a threatening email. Their reply? We aren't going to do anything about it. :rotfl

Welcome to my blocked bidder list, tjsmith9500 :)

I'm a little confused. Why did they send that to your friend. Just because they're striking?

What a ******.

I'm a little confused. Why did they send that to your friend. Just because they're striking?

What a ******.

They sent this because they know come June that a buyer can give negatives for no reason. Ebay will soon do nothing to reverse a negative.

Food for thought:

With the new system, powersellers get discounts based on feedback ratings. So if ebay is giving discounts based on the number of negatives received, why would they EVER reverse a negative? More negatives = more profit for ebay!

Can anyone give me the rundown on Google Checkout? Does it charge you fees like Paypal does? Also, how easy is it to transfer the funds to your bank account etc? Can you direct link your auction invoices to pay with Google?

I'm wondering that too. How do I attach Google checkout to my ebay auctions so I can at least stop using Paypal?

66.7% Positive Feedback

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

- tjsmith9500

I don't get this. Is this just some random person giving your friend bad feedback. I am confused? Can you elaborate on the situation? :confused:

Back