Eagle vs Fellbeast Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking piece, think I may be ordering this.
Just a shame that the original Sideshow weta statue of the fellbeast wasnt this good.

Check out these recent photos...

https://charles-song.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7228&start=288

EDIT: Nevermind. I see they've been posted here as well.

Exactly the same lackluster, heavy-handed paintwork I saw in the other photos. The PAINTWORK has nothing to do with the quality of the photo.

Thanks for the photos Poly, they just reaffirm my previous conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very cool piece, and I don't expect to get equivalent work from the factory, but they didn't even try. They used about 4 colors, brown yellow black and white, to do the whole piece. The whole thing is just big broad sloppy airbrush strokes, using VERY FLAT colors.

Last edited:
Exactly the same lackluster, heavy-handed paintwork I saw in the other photos. The PAINTWORK has nothing to do with the quality of the photo.

Thanks for the photos Poly, they just reaffirm my previous conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very cool piece, and I don't expect to get equivalent work from the factory, but they didn't even try. They used about 4 colors, brown yellow black and white, to do the whole piece. The whole thing is just big broad sloppy airbrush strokes, using VERY FLAT colors.

I'm sorry you feel that way, ComputerFly. I'm very pleased with how the dio turned out. However, if you don't like it, you don't like it. Some things are hard to judge from pictures only, I guess. Maybe if you saw it in real life, it would be different. But think about it this way: if you're not fond of THIS piece, it only leaves you with more money and a LOT more space for other cool things! :D

I agree. I thought that when I saw the first photos. I'm thinking the faux bronze version might be the one to go with.

I'm sorry you feel that way, ComputerFly. I'm very pleased with how the dio turned out. However, if you don't like it, you don't like it. Some things are hard to judge from pictures only, I guess. Maybe if you saw it in real life, it would be different. But think about it this way: if you're not fond of THIS piece, it only leaves you with more money and a LOT more space for other cool things! :D

***********word***********

Wow, I can't believe I've had this before alot of peope in the US! We normally have to wait a month or two later but I've already had mine a week!

It's not that bad really. The box is kinda flat and doesn't weigh nearly as much as I thought it would. Very well packaged, to get that thing overseas in one piece! :D
Indeed, I was surprised with how light this box is. For a moment I was afraid they forgot to pack the FB or Eagle :rotfl

It does appear sloppy around the FB's eyes and mouth, but I will reserve judgment until I get mine.

Back