E3 LIVE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are the new 360 slims gonna be released imediately or later in the year?

Later this week...like Thursday. Best to call your local GS or BB to see when they're exactly getting ti in. there could be a shortage?

I'm pretty much unimpressed with this years lineup. I'm ready for a new platform. I don't know. I just am getting bored with the same old same old.

Later this week...like Thursday. Best to call your local GS or BB to see when they're exactly getting ti in. there could be a shortage?

Cool. I allready have a 360 but I read on Yahoo MS is dropping the Arcade models to $150 and my sister has been thinking of getting a 360.

Cool. I allready have a 360 but I read on Yahoo MS is dropping the Arcade models to $150 and my sister has been thinking of getting a 360.

I think all stores will clearance out the old models? Best to check cheapassgamer and keep track there. Picking up a 360 for $100 or less would be nice :)

BUT, the internal wifi really is the reason to get the slim model. Wasn't that thing like $100 bucks?

They aren't doing clearance on the old consoles yet--for now they're just price dropped by $50 but they said that there is a plan to redo the Arcade version at some point in the future, but you can bet that won't be any time soon. So until then they should still have the old consoles available--they can make more money off those since they've been around for a while.

I'm pretty much unimpressed with this years lineup. I'm ready for a new platform. I don't know. I just am getting bored with the same old same old.

Really? That is one thing I can't stand. I hate how a console will be out dated in just a year or two. If I'm going to fork out $300 or so for a new console and $50 or so per game, I want it to stick around for a while. Otherwise, why bother if the thing is only good for 6 months before its outdated and they stop making games for it?

Well, usually a console lifetime is 5 years, which is a pretty good amount of time. Normally we would actually be getting a completely new console this year, but they decided to lengthen the lifespan with Kinect. And of course Sony just wants to make some money off the PS3 so they're going to try and keep it around as long as possible since they've lost so much money on it.

It's good though, we're just getting to the point where game developers really know how to make games for the consoles so we've got a lot of great games for the next few years.

Plus, by the time a new console generation comes around, they will be able to use new technology without as much development and production costs. Which for consumers means a powerful console for a lower price than things were last generation.

What also helps is that PC games have just gotten to the point where there are things you can do that will simply be impossible on consoles until they upgrade. This means that when the new consoles come out that developers will have a few years of experience developing games that would take advantage of the new technology.

The eve of the rumored Twisted Metal X is upon us...

All rejoice.

twisted_metal_black_sweettooth_clown.jpg

He will be back...

Wow twisted metal huh? I used to play the hell out of that game. Too bad I only own the ps1 :slap

I'm also pretty excited to see/hear about the new zelda game even though I didn't finish the last one =\. I guess they will be mentioning it tomorrow. This should be interesting.

I think all stores will clearance out the old models? Best to check cheapassgamer and keep track there. Picking up a 360 for $100 or less would be nice :)

BUT, the internal wifi really is the reason to get the slim model. Wasn't that thing like $100 bucks?

Yes, both versions. I was lucky enough to get a discounted adapter (1st version) when my brother in law went to MS for a work function. He ended up with this discount voucher for their employee online store and I got one for something like $50. The 250 HDD is a selling point as well because I'm still running a 20. Works okay but I wouldn't mind having the extra space.

Really? That is one thing I can't stand. I hate how a console will be out dated in just a year or two. If I'm going to fork out $300 or so for a new console and $50 or so per game, I want it to stick around for a while. Otherwise, why bother if the thing is only good for 6 months before its outdated and they stop making games for it?

I agree but most consoles nowadays aren't in that lifespan really, it's longer. The wannabe's have seemed to fall by the wayside and we're left with the 3 major competitors now. Game wise, that's all changed as I'm sure you aren't denying. Some games have a total play time (for reviewers at least) of 6 to 8 hours. Compare that to games of old that were partially graded by their play time and that's a slim fraction.

For me that's a hit and miss. Games I don't want to buy and I just want to rent...yeah I want to be done with it in that time frame so I don't get late charges and it's not as if with a family, which I have, that I can sit down every night and play. The games I do buy...I don't want them over in a week either.

I'm not ready to trade in my 360 just yet and honestly I am happy they are trying to extend that future date with all this motion stuff which interests me VERY little. I downloaded and watched all the videos I could for the Kinect stuff and I'm not impressed. It's a cool idea, I'll give it that and would I like to give it a try, sure. Does it interest me as a harcore gamer in the least...not at all. I'll take a controller and a game like Gears of War or Call of Duty any day of the week compared to a rafting game where I get to jump in my living room.

The depth of the games we're used to as adult gamers just isn't there in these new motion games and it will be awhile, if ever, before it is, and that's fine with me. Seriously, right now...how much better can they make a console then what we have anyways?

I can't actually believe how lame some of the games or aspects of the games seemed. The one video that showed paintball in it...that looked ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! Even the guy playing it looked like he thought it sucked. :lol

Keep the consoles and the wars where they're at currently and keep making kick @$$ games and I'm personally happy as a LONG time gamer for another year or two. I will say though if my Xbox ever goes T-UP (I'm on my 4th or 5th already) I will definitely be snagging one of those new ones. Glad to see MS came out with a new system...just one question...where is the HD DVD drive? :lol

I think the consoles pretty much have been out longer then 6 months. Plus I buy the day they come out. I don't get cheap and wait for them to drop the price. Second, most of the games are more of the same. I wish people would think more outside the box and bring us original titles instead of sequel after sequel. How many call of duties or whatever can you play before they get old? Most of the peeps on Live can tell you that I pretty much never log on anymore. I've gotten bored with shooters and more of the same. I have been playing Alan Wake and am enjoying that. I also can't wait for the new Ico type game. I have no doubt that will be original. I don't know? Just looking for something different.

Back