E3 LIVE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did MS officially announce a 360 slim? If so what features doe it have and what features were taken away? Did they say anything about a perminate fix for the RROD?

I think people would have had a higher opinion on the Microsoft show if most of the stuff hadn't been leaked already. I think there was only one thing we didn't know about which was the new Crytek Xbox game, which we didn't even really find out what it really is.

But honestly Ubisoft did pretty bad, the first game was fine--Assassin's Creed is OK, but it's not like it's a completely new game. I don't play skateboarding games so I don't know if the Shaun White game is good, but it looked like they designed it for Wii without upgrading for PS3 or Xbox. The laser tag game is going to fail horribly, like really bad. The breathing game looks useless. All the Kinect games they showed looked retarded. Ghost Recon is OK, but they were outdone by Crysis 2, Call of Duty, and Medal of Honor. I never played Driver so I don't have any reason to get excited about the new one, especially since there's so many great racing games out now. And who knows what the Michael Jackson thing is, probably a dancing game, which would be pretty crappy

So did MS officially announce a 360 slim? If so what features doe it have and what features were taken away? Did they say anything about a perminate fix for the RROD?

Well, it's not being called the slim, it is smaller, uses less power, has better cooling so it shouldn't have RROD problems, at least that's what they say. It's got 250GB of space, built-in wifi, HDMI (don't know if it's still HDMI 1.2 or 1.3) Built in digital audio port (so you don't need the adapter). It has a port specifically for Kinect, on older consoles you'll have to plug it into the USB and use a power cord, the Kinect port on the new console will be able to do both.

Current Xbox consoles are also going down $50 in price, the new console will be $299, should be available for order online soon, probably have it available at the end of the week.

Shows floor dosen't open up till tomorrow, so theres alot more to see.

IMO MS confrence wasn't that impressive, then they went Opera with the free slim 360's for the press, bribery? heh

Back