DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry couldnt help myself LOL

batman-leather-thong.jpg

So no one knows where it's coming from? I thought it was from people removing the paper from under the belt or something. Wasn't there also the explanation of something with tape on the magnet or something?

Not what I said. What I said was we've seen leaking from as soon as out of the box, to figures finally starting to leak after a year or more. There's no "definitive" timeline to tell. That's why all the "Mine's fine, I've owned him since Feb. This figure doesn't have the leak issue." posts are meaningless bull____ at this point. It's just too soon to tell anything for sure. :huh

Look, I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to contradict here. What I do know is that you seem to want it all ways.

You're not buying the figure until it's resolved are you?
You are waiting to see aren't you?
You pointed out in #1475 that the leaking 02 was such from before the thread began didn't you? And continued for much longer after, right?
You are quite happy to pay a higher price if all is OK later on, right?

So what did I miss? What exactly are you arguing over? :dunno

Oh, wait...the 'definitive time line'

Sorry mate, that's not what I said. What I said was that as more folks buy and report no issues... probability directs that it is more likely a misidentification. Is it going to happen...? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not, I don't know, I am not an 'omniscient noob'. But I do wonder if you realise that it's actually you that seems to demonstrate a fixed, pre-conceived idea that this is a certainty and only a matter of time (#67, #1361) But I am afraid to tell that they, as well as your...

...That's why all the "Mine's fine, I've owned him since Feb. This figure doesn't have the leak issue." posts are meaningless bull____ at this point...

...fall squarely into your own

It's just too soon to tell anything for sure.

judgement. Given the choice...I'd rather be a noob who is accutely aware that they know nothing but is asking question, than an --------- who thinks they know it all.

Last edited:
julie-newmar-catwoman.jpg

Damn nam i thought you went farther back than that.:monkey1

I did but I wasn't feeling "funny" with that Catwoman until much later. :lol

Look, I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to contradict here. What I do know is that you seem to want it all ways.

You're not buying the figure until it's resolved are you?
You are waiting to see aren't you?
You pointed out in #1475 that the leaking 02 was such from before the thread began didn't you? And continued for much longer after, right?
You are quite happy to pay a higher price if all is OK later on, right?

So what did I miss? What exactly are you arguing over? :dunno

Oh, wait...the 'defintive time line'

Sorry mate, that's not what I said. What I said was that as more folks buy and report no isssues... probability directs that it is more likely a misidentification. Is it going to happen...who knows? Maybe, maybe not, I don't know, I am not an 'omnisceint noob'. But I do wonder if you realise that it's actually you that seems to demonstrate a fixed, pre-conceived idea that this is a certainty and only a matter of time (#67, #1361) But I am afraid to tell that they, as well as your...

...fall squarely into your own

judgement. Given the choice...I'd rather be a noob who is accutely aware that they know nothing but is asking question, than an --------- who thinks they know it all.

So clearly either you need attention or somehow feel my waiting to purchase the figure takes away from your personal enjoyment of it, which is pretty sad and pathetic. Next time you want to quote me, make sure you actually read what I've written. I'm not telling anybody to wait on buying the figure. I'm not even belittling them for purchasing it and enjoying it now. I'm saying that those who're basically attacking me, like Crow up there, for playing it safe after being screwed by HT on two figures, are posting meaningless bull____ as far as I'm concerned. Good, yours is leak free. I'm not gonna suddenly have an epiphany from a newb's post and change my mind that owning the figure for a week, or a month doesn't really tell me much given we've already seen 2 leak out of the box and as I've already stated with both the Comedian and DX02, that some took upto a year to start.

Now, last time I checked, it's my money and I've already stated if I wind up paying more for waiting that I'm wholly content with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care when or if anyone buys this or any collectible for that matter. Everybody has different preferences after all. It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the figure either way and is definitely not something worth getting worked up over.

Last edited:
Got my Keaton today. No oil.

However there were two other problems. The face plate didn't fit just right, like others have stated here, and the boot need to be turned to face the right direction. Both were fixed very easy.

I saw the problem with the face right away and luckly I checked the manual before going into :panic:

It said that you need to push the face from the left side to swap it out. I pushed on the left side and face popped with into place.

:yess:

Don't know if others have tired this, maybe it could help some of you out. Good luck.

@ Rorywan Any updates? How is everything holding up on your figure?

He quit SSF because of a comment Maglor made or something. Ditched his avatar, sig and everything. I'm sure he's still watching though.

I don't see what the big fuss was. Nothing against Rory (I respect you man) but you were bound to have doubters when you have hundreds and hundreds of people getting these figures that aren't having issues. I know he had to be thinking he jumped the gun with the thread and maybe that's why he booked. Personally, I have two, one from around the beginning of February from that first shipment and then one of the most recent ones. I also have two extra back up bodies that I got cheap. They're all virtually identical and they don't leak. No oil at all.

Don't want to speak for Rory here but I sincerely doubt it's still secreting oils of any kind. One, I think any kind of residue is from the adhesive on the belt (the FRONT of my belt on the second one had some glossy glue that wiped off) and two, all the bodies have a fabric under suit between the rubber and true type. The figure is very well made.

This topic is filled with nonsense. If there was a problem people would know. With the amount of people that have this thing, and there are many, you'd see tons of vocal backlash by now. Nothing in Asia, nothing on facebook. Nowhere, nada.

Last edited:
Back