DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman figure is old news now.

I think it's more the residue is old news... or was never really news for that matter.

This thread makes me so mad and yet I reply in here only helping to bump the thread to the top...

Must hold back... we must all hold back...

M.

I think it's more the residue is old news... or was never really news for that matter.

This thread makes me so mad and yet I reply in here only helping to bump the thread to the top...

Must hold back... we must all hold back...

M.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Maybe just the residue issue has passed for most....either people are solving the issue before it becomes a problem or the new crop just hasn't had enough time to leak.

I am seriously not trying to be confrontational, and I am not doubting any-one's own experience. I am just trying to think logically here (never an easy task!)...

Nam (and others, I believe) has said that the O2 leaked from the box, from the get-go, until it became an item of unhappiness here on the forums. It is also clear that he feels that this 09 is, in all likelihood, a ticking time-bomb just waiting to happen...hence the 'waiting to see' option he is utilising.

Fair enough.

But with more and more folks reporting new arrivals, but with no leakage, should there not be a whole lot more people reporting 'oil' issues by now? Probability alone dictates that a lot of these must be from that same first same batch as Rorywan's, but so far there is that same, still small, handful of people...

Is there anyway that this has been misidentified? Is it not starting to look like it's some kind of genuine misidentification?

Should there not be more people reporting it by now, three-going-on-four months along?

Time is of the essence, you have to give it more time (to see IF anything may happen).

Therefore within 6 months to a year and nada, I can see Nam or Void biting the bullet and getting one.

It's a waiting game, that's all it is, you can't formulate is this going to happen or it isn't going to happen.

"Now serving number 46, license and registration please..."

Ski

Just tried sticking the grapple gun to the belt and realized that I glued the magnet in backwards. :slap :lol

Didn't even think to check polarization before I stuck it in there...

Hah, same thing happened to me on my DX02 sticky-bomb-gun!
First thing I did when unboxing was to drop the gun in the floor and it was busted to s__t! Glued the thing back togehter, and then - well... What you said :p.

But now I cant get the ____ opened again, so eff it!

I tell ya, you've got ta laff! My replacement PERS cover was delivered today to the wrong address! I had to ring FED EX to get them to tell me where because they hadn't stuck a note through the door. Bearing in mind my house mate has been in all day! I eventually managed to get some sense out of them and trekked to my neighbour who I had never met before today. Fortunately he seemed like a nice fellow and handed me the package. Sadly though the replacement PERS cover is an even worse fit than the last! Although I suppose I can try and some hair drying modding but I'm not much cop with such things.

The thing that gets me though is that my main issue was the shorter leg. I spent four days agonising over it, measuring the damn thing, banging the leg, shoving the boot etc. it's definitely shorter! Sideshow CS actually e-mailed me to say no problem would I like a refund or alternatively I could wait for replacement parts that should be with them in April. I said that I was more than happy to wait. It was only after I had paid the customs duty that they then e-mailed me to say on reflection they would only replace the PERS cover!

I've been buying Hot Toys figures for a few years now and until recently never had any problems. It's a real shame but it seems their QC is slowly going out of the window. I'll seriously think twice before ordering any Hot Toys products in the future.

Nam (and others, I believe) has said that the O2 leaked from the box, from the get-go, until it became an item of unhappiness here on the forums. It is also clear that he feels that this 09 is, in all likelihood, a ticking time-bomb just waiting to happen...hence the 'waiting to see' option he is utilising.

Fair enough.

Not what I said. What I said was we've seen leaking from as soon as out of the box, to figures finally starting to leak after a year or more. There's no "definitive" timeline to tell. That's why all the "Mine's fine, I've owned him since Feb. This figure doesn't have the leak issue." posts are meaningless bull____ at this point. It's just too soon to tell anything for sure. :huh

Not what I said. What I said was we've seen leaking from as soon as out of the box, to figures finally starting to leak after a year or more. There's no "definitive" timeline to tell. That's why all the "Mine's fine, I've owned him since Feb. This figure doesn't have the leak issue." posts are meaningless bull____ at this point. It's just too soon to tell anything for sure. :huh

:exactly: And if Nam and other's want to wait and see, what does that matter to other people. It's their money and their choice. I took the chance and didn't cancel mine mainly because I didn't want to lose my deposit. If it does start to leak down the line, then I have no one to blame but myself. I know I hope it doesn't as I'm sure Nam and the others hope so too.

:exactly: And if Nam and other's want to wait and see, what does that matter to other people. It's their money and their choice. I took the chance and didn't cancel mine mainly because I didn't want to lose my deposit. If it does start to leak down the line, then I have no one to blame but myself. I know I hope it doesn't as I'm sure Nam and the others hope so too.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

hulk.gif

Ski

I didn't cancel my figure either. Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman, so I couldn't pass this up!

:lol:lol:rock:rock

____ing awesome song! That whole EP is great.

:lecture

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgfhxB6d04[/ame]

:rock2

Hah, same thing happened to me on my DX02 sticky-bomb-gun!
First thing I did when unboxing was to drop the gun in the floor and it was busted to s__t! Glued the thing back togehter, and then - well... What you said :p.

But now I cant get the ____ opened again, so eff it!

:lol :hi5:

schwing.jpg

Back