dx02 Dark knight or RAH Dark knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fashizal1

Super Freak
Reaction score
im not really trying to descide which is better because i deff like the dx02 one better. The RAH dark knight is also pretty bad a** besides the face and belt paint. each of them seem to have there ups and downs but my question is is the dx02 really worth the extra money. from what i found the diff. is almost 200. ive seen alot of pictures but i havnt really seen many of the 2 up side by side so if you have any to post please do.

also if i were to purchase RAH Dark knight is there any1 here willing to repaint belt and mouth for a fee? if so how $$$

im not really trying to descide which is better because i deff like the dx02 one better. The RAH dark knight is also pretty bad a** besides the face and belt paint. each of them seem to have there ups and downs but my question is is the dx02 really worth the extra money. from what i found the diff. is almost 200. ive seen alot of pictures but i havnt really seen many of the 2 up side by side so if you have any to post please do.

also if i were to purchase RAH Dark knight is there any1 here willing to repaint belt and mouth for a fee? if so how $$$

When the first Hot Toys TDK Batman came out and we just had the prototype pics of the Medicom TDK Batman, I preferred the look of the Medicom Batman.

I was close to buying one until two things happened. In hand pics of the Medicom figure started surfacing and then the Hot Toys DX figure was announced and shown.

I of course went with the DX version and haven't looked back. Yeah, there's this custom "MeDIX" bull____ floating around but I don't consider mods an official figure.

Since you're asking about ONE, I say the DX. It has it's cons (some, scratch that, most have leaky abs and/or biceps and it articulation problems) but I think it's the superior TDK figure.

If the question is simply which one is better out of the box - then DX

But if the question is, given the extra cost of a Dx, is it worth getting it over the medi? I'd say no because you could get the medi, spend about $100 on it and mod it, and you'll have a better fig imo

Regarding the Medix (combining the best parts of both figs) - that is not an official figure and it's clearly the most expensive option, but the results going by Thrustmasters pictures, are breathtaking

I had this same problem and this is what happened. I got the Medi instead of the DX. Modded the HELL out of that thing. Probably all th mods one could do to it without going the Medix route. And it STILL didn't look as great as I wanted it to. So, I bought a DX and parted out my Medi and never felt more satisfied with my purchase of the DX. So to me, as someone who's been down both roads, I say the DX all the way!

yea i deff think im gonna go with the dx after reading some your guys thoughts. like DiFabio i also think a modded figure is not a official figure but considering price rang i was willing to consider.

I had this same problem and this is what happened. I got the Medi instead of the DX. Modded the HELL out of that thing. Probably all th mods one could do to it without going the Medix route. And it STILL didn't look as great as I wanted it to. So, I bought a DX and parted out my Medi and never felt more satisfied with my purchase of the DX. So to me, as someone who's been down both roads, I say the DX all the way!

im sold on the DX:monkey3

Yeah, there's this custom "MeDIX" bull____ floating around

why so frustrated man? aren't you liking it or what's the reason to call it "bull____"?

as some already said, if you don't want doing any modifications to the figure and love to have accessories then go definitely with the DX. You will be really happy. But be sure you choose the DCD release.

You need both to create the ultimate version, (ala Thrustmaster), but out of the box goodness DX wins every time.

DX. Ignore all the customizer ass kissing going on, it's the best figure available. Unless you want your Batman figure to have superglue, foam, cotton, stitches, etc. etc. and look like Frankenstein's Monster.

Too much resentment towards customs. Can't you guys just say that the custom is no good (in your opinion, of course) and without all the adjectives? Feels like something's hurting you. :dunno

Anyway, out of the box DX02 is much better than the medicom one, IMO.

let's look at it from this perspective.

with the DX, when it came out, it was $170-180. it came with the back pack, sticky bomb gun, a PERS head, a light up sonar head, batarangs, 3 changeable mouths, two belts-both magnetic, a bunch of hands and other accs (sorry, my mind is drawing a blank)....

UNFORTUNATELY, his necks, both the reg and light up, are a tad long and a bit on the slim side. (this is where modding comes in, but more on that later)

for the medicom ver. when it came out, it was $150-170.

it came with a set of hands, i forget how many, two batarangs....i think that's it right?

ok, sculpt wise, both are great. HOWEVER, medicom you need to either repaint it yourself or send it to someone to paint for you (if you don't know how to paint....like myself).

THIS is where modifications come in. there's nothing wrong with modding a figure that YOU own. some felt the medi has a better sculpt, others feels the DX has a better sculpt. it's all opinion and it's all subjective. the only mod i did was using the rubber neck the medicom ver used. making the neck on the DX ver look fuller, shorter and more accurate to what we see in the movie.

for the DX ver, i GUESS it's not really that necessary to do any modding. all you have to is tilt his head at a really low angle, and the long neck won't stick out as much. but...if you like to pose your figure in tons of poses, always having his head tilted down isn't all that great. i guess if modding it will make you happy, then go for it...it sure made MY DX bats that much better.

so...both are going for crazy prices, i already listed the things that came with both figs.

all in all, its ultimately up to you.

'Ass kissing'?

Thrust has the best TDK Batman here in my eyes, and he created that from Medi and DX.

:dunno

Another wonderful contribution. :hi5:

Back