Don't laugh, but what about Tron?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Skutto

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know the movie isn't exactly in the AFI's top 100 or anything, but the reality is that Tron was groundbreaking for its time, and there's no denying that the look and underlying theme has influenced numerous properties since then, like ReBoot.

Obviously, the license doesn't have the legs to support a full range of 12-inch figures, but what about a statue/diorama/PF of Bruce Boxleitner as Tron, in his iconic pose from the movie poster, looking straight up with his arms outstretched, holding his disc. I think it would make for a very nice display piece. Even moreso if they could somehow incorporate a light-up feature for the ringed base and lines on his outfit.

I'd certainly buy one. But am I the only Freak who'd do so?

Tron is the ^^^^ing ^^^^ and anyone that says different will be derez'd. I completely expect some licencing to go down when TR2N comes out. I just hope Obama doesn't kill us all before then. End of Line.

Tron rocks. 12", if carried out good, I would buy. I'm NOT looking for figures with funny skinny buck legs a la Secura or padme Sideshow... Medicom comes to mind if 12" figures in tights/body suits are to be made. They at least have a realistic looking figure/body.

Tron rocks. 12", if carried out good, I would buy. I'm NOT looking for figures with funny skinny buck legs a la Secura or padme Sideshow... Medicom comes to mind if 12" figures in tights/body suits are to be made. They at least have a realistic looking figure/body.

That would be true if everyone in Tron were 12-year-old boys. If Sideshow can iron out the issues with their new armor bodies, I think those might work well. Shoot, if HotToys wants to take a crack at them, that'd be even better! Sadly, I'm in agreement with El Skutto. I don't see a market that would support a relic license like Tron. Especially for a 12" line.

Last edited:
That would be true if everyone in Tron were 12-year-old boys. If Sideshow can iron out the issues with their new armor bodies, I think those might work well. Shoot, if HotToys wants to take a crack at them, that'd be even better! Sadly, I'm in agreement with El Skutto. I don't see a market that would support a relic license like Tron. Especially for a 12" line.

Tron 2 will be out in theaters in 2011 at which time I think the market will be there. Its possible that if its successful or has a lot of buzz, Hot Toys can work something out in the way they did for POTC.

I don't know if the market will be there. Look at Indiana Jones. I would be down for a Tron, Flynn, Sark and Yori though.

I guess when T2ON come out there might be more interest. Depending on how cool it looks id would'nt mind a 1/6 light cycle thingie.

Tron 2 will be out in theaters in 2011 at which time I think the market will be there. Its possible that if its successful or has a lot of buzz, Hot Toys can work something out in the way they did for POTC.

Eh. Don't get me wrong. Tron was great for what it was when it came out. I honestly don't see it being any real big box office success. I just don't see how they can pull it off without being hokey. Even the Indy movie, a franchise everyone thought would survive, has been treading water for months in the deep end. If Indy's struggling, it's a safe bet Tron will as well, if it doesn't get canned.

That´s a bit of an exaggeration. If you own at least one Medicom figure, you know that.

Uh....okay. I think I'm quite capable of making an observation based on my collection. I own Medicom's RAH Ultraman C, Godzilla, Luke, both Vaders, the Stormtrooper, Black Hole Trooper, Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, ROTS Clone Trooper, Shock Trooper, 501st Trooper, Jango Fett and The Punisher. NONE of them are to 1:6 scale and arguably closer to 1:7th. Medicom's scale is smaller. This is common knowledge. Additionally, when you compare the nude RAH to just about any other 1:6 body on the market, it looks more like that of a boy when in comparison to true 1:6 scale. Again, I think I'm quite capable of making an observation based on my own collection. Don't you?

Uh....okay. I think I'm quite capable of making an observation based on my collection. I own Medicom's RAH Ultraman C, Godzilla, Luke, both Vaders, the Stormtrooper, Black Hole Trooper, Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, ROTS Clone Trooper, Shock Trooper, 501st Trooper, Jango Fett and The Punisher. NONE of them are to 1:6 scale and arguably closer to 1:7th. Medicom's scale is smaller. This is common knowledge. Additionally, when you compare the nude RAH to just about any other 1:6 body on the market, it looks more like that of a boy when in comparison to true 1:6 scale. Again, I think I'm quite capable of making an observation based on my own collection. Don't you?
Congratulations! If own all these figures, your comment surprises me even more. The size-issue has been discussed to death, and it isn't as striking as some would like us to think*. Medicom bodies are smaller, that´s a fact, but refering to them as if they where the size of 12 year olds, is a distortion of reality. Just not an objective observation.

*EDIT for clarification

Last edited:
Congratulations! If own all these figures, your comment surprises me even more. The size-issue has been discussed to death, and it is by far as striking as some would like us to think. Medicom bodies are smaller, that´s a fact, but refering to them as if they where the size of 12 year olds, is a distortion of reality. Just not an objective observation.

When compared to the industry's standard 1:6 scale base body, the Medicom body Does look like the body of a child or more accurately, an adolescent male. The body has a proportionately larger than normal head when compared to the rest of the body, narrower shoulders and thin neck. It also has shorter arms with smaller hands and a narrower chest. Additionally, the RAH looks completely out of place if being displayed with other 1:6 scale figures when attempting to represent an adult (Vader looks like a joke standing next to Sideshow's Jedi Luke or even one of Hasbro's G.I. Joes). The body's just too short. You'd know this if you'd ever seen a nude RAH body and compared it to other non-RAH bodies. It's not a distortion, it's fact:

769666046_fbbbd4d26d.jpg

thanks to Shaun Wong for the pic​

The body on the left is Medicom's standard RAH body used on all of their current "1:6 scale" figures. NOTE THE SIZE AND PROPORTIONS! The middle body is a standard BBi body and the right is a HotToys TrueType. The only one here trying to distort reality is someone who doesn't like to see what's right in front of them. Before you say, "Well of course, it's the way they're standing." take a closer look. The RAH is in front. It would be even shorter if they were all side-by-side. It's a wise marketing scheme by Medicom because it means you have to buy their lines to keep everything in scale, but nevertheless, they still come up short (pun intended :p) when compared to the industry standard. You have the evidence here. Discussion over. Please, let it go... so we can get back on topic.

Last edited:
When compared to the industry's standard 1:6 scale base body, the Medicom body Does look like the body of a child or more accurately, an adolescent male. The body has a proportionately larger than normal head when compared to the rest of the body, narrower shoulders and thin neck. It also has shorter arms with smaller hands and a narrower chest. Additionally, the RAH looks completely out of place if being displayed with other 1:6 scale figures when attempting to represent an adult (Vader looks like a joke standing next to Sideshow's Jedi Luke or even one of Hasbro's G.I. Joes). The body's just too short. You'd know this if you'd ever seen a nude RAH body and compared it to other non-RAH bodies. It's not a distortion, it's fact:

769666046_fbbbd4d26d.jpg

thanks to Shaun Wong for the pic​

The body on the left is Medicom's standard RAH body used on all of their current "1:6 scale" figures. NOTE THE SIZE AND PROPORTIONS! The middle body is a standard BBi body and the right is a HotToys TrueType. The only one here trying to distort reality is someone who doesn't like to see what's right in front of them. Before you say, "Well of course, it's the way they're standing." take a closer look. The RAH is in front. It would be even shorter if they were all side-by-side. It's a wise marketing scheme by Medicom because it means you have to buy their lines to keep everything in scale, but nevertheless, they still come up short (pun intended :p) when compared to the industry standard. You have the evidence here. Discussion over. Please, let it go... so we can get back on topic.

Gosh, it's tiresome to have a conversation with you. It's unbelievable how pretentious you are. It's not my style to have a "I said - you said" debate, so read my posts again. Just read what is there, and don't read something into it. I can't put my energy in this any longer.

Gosh, it's tiresome to have a conversation with you. It's unbelievable how pretentious you are. It's not my style to have a "I said - you said" debate, so read my posts again. Just read what is there, and don't read something into it. I can't put my energy in this any longer.

It's not me being pretentious, it's your own egotistical naivete that started this. Perhaps you shouldn't accuse someone of being incapable of making objective observations by assuming they don't collect Medicom and are unfamiliar with the product's appearance when you clearly don't know the facts. Then once an oppositional post was placed you simply claimed that the observation in question could not possibly have been objective and was a clear distortion of reality. I think you're so blinded by your egocentric fanboyism that you clearly can't see the forest for the trees. So, what's the weather like in Neverneverland?

EDIT: Anyways, to get away from Mr. Id and back on topic, I wasn't aware that there were actually modern versions of TRON licensed figures released:

https://www.epicheroes.com/acatalog/Home_Page_Tron_2_0_Action_Figures_523.html

For those still interested in the oldschool look, Toyrocket.com has the NECA ones in stock:

https://www.toyrocket.com/Tron-C393.aspx

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that there were actually modern versions of TRON licensed figures released:

https://www.epicheroes.com/acatalog/Home_Page_Tron_2_0_Action_Figures_523.html

For those still interested in the oldschool look, Toyrocket.com has the NECA ones in stock:

https://www.toyrocket.com/Tron-C393.aspx

Yeah, those newer figures were tie-ins with the Tron 2.0 KillerApp videogame (quite a bit of fun, by the way).

There were also four Kurbicks sets that included figures of the characters and a variety of vehicles, in addition to four Medicom Real Action Hero 100 sets with Micronauts-style figures and lightcycles.

Oh, and a Kubricks limited edition that included Tron and a lightcycle with a printed grid pattern.

There hasn't been a ton of Tron merchandise, so I feel a PF in the iconic pose would be perfect. That would also solve the body problem.

Back