TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of a Tron Uprising podcast that wil be happening? Similar to how the Forcecast guys do a roundtable after each Clone Wars episode?

...if not, some of you should make that happen *high five*

It has the traits of a traditional TV show that is set between movies. Bending plotpoints to make bank. Time for Tron to become more Rinzler....just wow.

And you're right. The writers do have something to with the series. They are producers. A huge thing to note though is that producers do not have as much control over things. A great example is when James Wan and Leigh Whannell decided not to write SAW IV and just be producers...

:dunno

Look, this ain't Star Wars. It's TRON. There isn't some amazing backstory that was set up for us. Legacy was 2010 and in that film, Rinzler was the silent assassin, but when he saw Sam Flynn could bleed, he stopped.

Uprising shows Tron perhaps too aware than I would prefer, but the show is just beginning. There's a lot more story they can tell.

This particular plot point does not bother me.

Forgot that I was gonna show you Tron Freaks this. Let me know if you guys like it! :duff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH429pY8c8o&list=UU_D3m-GsCWrSkh9GOIRT6iA&index=3&feature=plcp

You made that? Pretty cool! thanks for sharing! :hi5:

there's still time for Clu to turn Tron further into Rinzler. We're not in Tron Legacy yet.

And you're pretty sure? How about zero sure. The show was created by the original writers of Legacy because they had more stories to tell. How is that "nothing to do with this series"?

:rotfl

Owned-Tron.jpg

Yes, that's all very well, but it doesn't really fit. Again, TRON Evolution fit perfectly in between the movies except for some circuitry miscolorings on certain characters, and this conflicts with it. I really doubt that Rinzler had any control after the flashback sequence. Furthermore, I'm sure that he did not receive battle wounds from Clu.

It has the traits of a traditional TV show that is set between movies. Bending plotpoints to make bank. Time for Tron to become more Rinzler....just wow.

And you're right. The writers do have something to with the series. They are producers. A huge thing to note though is that producers do not have as much control over things. A great example is when James Wan and Leigh Whannell decided not to write SAW IV and just be producers...

Ok, so you're bashing Tron while liking Saw?... yeah... OK... :slap

Look, this ain't Star Wars. It's TRON. There isn't some amazing backstory that was set up for us. Legacy was 2010 and in that film, Rinzler was the silent assassin, but when he saw Sam Flynn could bleed, he stopped.

Uprising shows Tron perhaps too aware than I would prefer, but the show is just beginning. There's a lot more story they can tell.

Exactly!
I'm ready for tonight's episode!

Star Wars is irrelevant. The only reason Rinzler stopped himself from killing Sam was because Clu had those balls to control him, and ordered him not to. It is ridiculous that Tron is still fully aware and in control in Uprising. The idea of someone taking on Tron's identity is also just bogus. But I'm just going to leave it at we disagree.

One thing we can agree on is that we both enjoy the show for what it is though, right?

:rotfl

Owned-Tron.jpg

Ok, so you're bashing Tron while liking Saw?... yeah... OK... :slap

I think you need to settle down there. You're acting like the stereotypical fanboy, and a child. I would ask if you have even seen the first two SAW films. If you haven't, you should probably keep your mouth shut. If you have, then you should know that they have great storylines; especially the first. And don't say I'm bashing on TRON. I love the films, and TRON Evolution. TRON Legacy is my favorite movie. I'm just criticizing Uprising for good reasons.

I'm just criticizing Uprising for good reasons.

You may be 100% correct, but only three episodes have aired with the fourth tonight. It's not impossible that the show will pan out to fit within the Tron universe.

You seem to know alot about the Tron/Rinzler thing. Where was it shown or stated that Tron became Rinzler immediately after Clu defeated? I missed where it was stated that Tron had no control of himself after that event. Clu didn't stop Rinzler from killing Sam- Rinzler stopped when he saw blood and identified Sam as a User. And he was controlling the Arena with the balls. It seem like Rinzler was fighting his programming from there on out. I'm really curious and confused! :dunno

[ame="https://youtu.be/aNapFsNDbZE"]https://youtu.be/aNapFsNDbZE[/ame]

Regardless of how Uprising pans out, I just want more toys and another film.

You may be 100% correct, but only three episodes have aired with the fourth tonight. It's not impossible that the show will pan out to fit within the Tron universe.

You seem to know alot about the Tron/Rinzler thing. Where was it shown or stated that Tron became Rinzler immediately after Clu defeated? I missed where it was stated that Tron had no control of himself after that event. Clu didn't stop Rinzler from killing Sam- Rinzler stopped when he saw blood and identified Sam as a User. And he was controlling the Arena with the balls. It seem like Rinzler was fighting his programming from there on out. I'm really curious and confused! :dunno

https://youtu.be/aNapFsNDbZE

I think the show could make itself more in line with the series, but it will still never quite fit.

You're right sir, it wasn't stated that Tron immediately lost control. I'm making an educated guess that he did since Joseph Kosinski didn't plan on this show happening. I tend to frown on upon when people squeeze in things that weren't originally supposed to be there. But again, even if Tron didn't become Rinzler right when he was defeated....the whole extreme damage thing that Tron has in the show is ridiculous. And he should have been Rinzler by that point in the show. I doubt Clu would have had Tron just sitting around with a different costume on. Another thing that would point to this is the fact that Tron didn't appear in Evolution after the betrayal. Even on TRON wiki, it says that Tron was reprogrammed following the attack by Clu.

I always assumed that the balls used by Clu were Rinzler. It could go either way, really.

I think the show could make itself more in line with the series, but it will still never quite fit.

You're right sir, it wasn't stated that Tron immediately lost control. I'm making an educated guess that he did since Joseph Kosinski didn't plan on this show happening. I tend to frown on upon when people squeeze in things that weren't originally supposed to be there. But again, even if Tron didn't become Rinzler right when he was defeated....the whole extreme damage thing that Tron has in the show is ridiculous. And he should have been Rinzler by that point in the show. I doubt Clu would have had Tron just sitting around with a different costume on. Another thing that would point to this is the fact that Tron didn't appear in Evolution after the betrayal. Even on TRON wiki, it says that Tron was reprogrammed following the attack by Clu.

I always assumed that the balls used by Clu were Rinzler. It could go either way, really.

And yet if they didn't squeeze an originally unintend series in, the Tron franchise may have died with Legacy. Kosinski may never have considered any sort of Legacy prequel series knowing what a chance they were taking with a sequel to movie made 30 years prior. Had he had an inkling of Legacy's sucess, he might have planned differently. Of course, with any franchise there will always be the "what might have beens". We also have to keep in mind the target audience is still kids and that will affect the direction of show whether we like it or not. :lol If Uprising is successful, I think the big danger is Disney pushing it to go on longer than it should which will ruin most any chance Uprising has to fit into canon. I think as long as they try to align it as best they can I'll be happy. Look, I'm just glad Tron gets some screen time! As far as the damage he's sustained and how he's remained hidden from Clu I'm trying to withhold judgement at the moment.

I do understand your annoyance though. I'm into Doctor Who and at times the whole "canon" issue there can be really irritating (which is probably why Tron's issue don't bother me... yet. lol)

Oh, and I'm a miss, btw. :wink1:

I think as long as they try to align it as best they can I'll be happy. Look, I'm just glad Tron gets some screen time!

This is how I feel about the show. I love the franchise and am just happy to see more of it.

I'm the same way with The Clone Wars. I could care less how it fits in with the movies, just happy to continue seeing my favorite Star Wars characters on screen

A miss that resembles and famous Disney princess if memory serves me right :wink1:

And yet if they didn't squeeze an originally unintend series in, the Tron franchise may have died with Legacy. Kosinski may never have considered any sort of Legacy prequel series knowing what a chance they were taking with a sequel to movie made 30 years prior. Had he had an inkling of Legacy's sucess, he might have planned differently. Of course, with any franchise there will always be the "what might have beens". We also have to keep in mind the target audience is still kids and that will affect the direction of show whether we like it or not. :lol If Uprising is successful, I think the big danger is Disney pushing it to go on longer than it should which will ruin most any chance Uprising has to fit into canon. I think as long as they try to align it as best they can I'll be happy. Look, I'm just glad Tron gets some screen time! As far as the damage he's sustained and how he's remained hidden from Clu I'm trying to withhold judgement at the moment.

I do understand your annoyance though. I'm into Doctor Who and at times the whole "canon" issue there can be really irritating (which is probably why Tron's issue don't bother me... yet. lol)

You know what, I completely agree. I was just pointing out the things that were wrong with the show and people got uppity. I still enjoy it. It's TRON! And the visuals are nice eye candy :monkey5

So sorry, I just saw the Jack Sparrow pic and assumed. :monkey3

Oh and I forgot to say that I agree with this statement :

I think this could always fall back to one of those Obi-Wan Kenobi moments (sorry to bring Star Wars back into this but there are parallels) and his line about "certain point of view".

From the outside, it could appear that Tron/Rinzler lost control. I mean, in the show, Tron is already Rinzler. To the people and to Flynn, that's pretty much in line with what he feels. But what we're seeing here is Tron actually trying to change things from the inside. But in the end, he could still lose that battle and succumb to Clu's control.

And I never looked too much into Clu and how he handled his balls. :rotfl

Star Wars is irrelevant. The only reason Rinzler stopped himself from killing Sam was because Clu had those balls to control him, and ordered him not to. It is ridiculous that Tron is still fully aware and in control in Uprising.

I don't agree with how you saw the film. Rinzler didn't stop because Clu rubbed his balls. You see Clu doing things at different stages of the fight yes... but RINZLER stopped on his own when he saw the blood and lifted Sam up. On his own. That wasn't part of Clu's controls. Did Clu also tickle one ball to make Rinzler say "User!"?

Rinzler can obviously think for himself in Legacy. It's not ridiculous for him to be fully aware in Uprising. I think you mapped out some different backstory in your head and just bummed that it isn't like that. You need to unlearn what you have learned.

You know what, I completely agree. I was just pointing out the things that were wrong with the show and people got uppity.

You were pointing out things that you thought were wrong but they really weren't.

You were pointing out things that you thought were wrong but they really weren't.

Arguing with you is useless. Immature and ignorant. At least the woman was being civil and reasonable. You could learn a thing or two from her.

But after watching the video she posted, it is clear that the balls were used for Rinzler. Clu rotates them and the stage does nothing but Rinzler starts doing crazy moves. Furthermore, when he separates his disc, he looks back at the second one in surprise, like it was not his choice to do it.

"Rinzler's Balls" came up a lot on discussion when the movie was out. I don't know whether they were direct controls or not. First of all, why have a fighter like Tron turned evil if you're just going to control him? And why kind of controls are balls rolling around in your hands? I kind of think it was more metaphorical. Rinzler was a play thing of Clu's (just like the balls.)

But it is confusing.

Arguing with you is useless. Immature and ignorant. At least the woman was being civil and reasonable. You could learn a thing or two from her.

But after watching the video she posted, it is clear that the balls were used for Rinzler. Clu rotates them and the stage does nothing but Rinzler starts doing crazy moves. Furthermore, when he separates his disc, he looks back at the second one in surprise, like it was not his choice to do it.

LOL You're really reading too much into Clu's balls. To me it was a form of communication. Clu picks them up, light turns on, tells Rinzler to go ahead and use both discs.

Next time he shuffles them, he's telling Rinzler that gravity is about to shift. Rinzler starts running up the wall.

What Rinzler does NOT do however is look surprised when he pulls two discs.

Clu does NOT control Rinzler. If he did, the ending of "Legacy" would be a whole lot different.

p.s. I've been nothing but civil. I'm backing up my explanations with actual source material. You're creating false realizations from the film and also citing incorrect facts (saying that the writers of Legacy had "NOTHING" to do with Uprising when they created the show).

I 100% understand if you're unhappy with how they're telling the Rinzler story, but that does not equate to disrupting canon.

I'm often immature but I feel that I've been beyond reasonable with you.

Wait what??... :horror
In all seriousness dude, relax! We're here to have fun aren't we?
It's cool if you don't like the cartoon...:peace

Personally I'm loving it and want to see how all pans out!

Oops. I meant that I thought the balls for FOR Rinzler. Not they WERE him. That would be silly. Sometimes my ADD causes me to leave out words in sentences because I go from thought to thought rapidly.

And honestly, I was calm until you and Cohete got on my case. Then I just got irritated after a while. This thread isn't even about the show, so I think we should move on...

Wow. What happened to this board while I was out today? :monkey2

This is how I feel about the show. I love the franchise and am just happy to see more of it.

I'm the same way with The Clone Wars. I could care less how it fits in with the movies, just happy to continue seeing my favorite Star Wars characters on screen

A miss that resembles and famous Disney princess if memory serves me right :wink1:

Oh, Gipetto, you make me blush. :1-1:

You know what, I completely agree. I was just pointing out the things that were wrong with the show and people got uppity. I still enjoy it. It's TRON! And the visuals are nice eye candy :monkey5

So sorry, I just saw the Jack Sparrow pic and assumed. :monkey3

Oh and I forgot to say that I agree with this statement :

No worries. I really confused people when I had my old avatar with Ariel and Jack. :lol

I have searched and searched for any real info on new Tron merchandise and all I've come up with is mislabeled Legacy stuff on ebay. :gah:

Who knows? Last year Sideshow said they were still very committed to the property, but all we've seen is the Rinzler statue. I think they had plans for a 1:1 baton and disc set and a 1:4 scale Quorra.

LOL You're really reading too much into Clu's balls. To me it was a form of communication. Clu picks them up, light turns on, tells Rinzler to go ahead and use both discs.

Next time he shuffles them, he's telling Rinzler that gravity is about to shift. Rinzler starts running up the wall.

What Rinzler does NOT do however is look surprised when he pulls two discs.

Clu does NOT control Rinzler. If he did, the ending of "Legacy" would be a whole lot different.

p.s. I've been nothing but civil. I'm backing up my explanations with actual source material. You're creating false realizations from the film and also citing incorrect facts (saying that the writers of Legacy had "NOTHING" to do with Uprising when they created the show).

I 100% understand if you're unhappy with how they're telling the Rinzler story, but that does not equate to disrupting canon.

I'm often immature but I feel that I've been beyond reasonable with you.

I think I can clear this up.

I interviewed the writers, and Director of the film. The "elctro balls" that CLU uses do NOT control Rinzler in anyway. They are used to alter the disc wars grid, and nothing more. They allow CLU to move and rotate the disc fighting grid, to put the odds towards whomever he wanted to win. Rinzler being the most accomplished fighting program on the grid knew how to read the cues that signaled when CLU was altering the direction, or rotation of the fighting grid itself.

Rinzler was designed as a two disc program for the movie, and the balls had nothing to do with that.

The above are the writers/ directors answers from 2011 to the question of CLU's electro balls. So this should end any interpetation on the subject.

Back