TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little birdy told me that there's 18 episodes of Tron Uprising locked and committed to.... and toys in the works. Not sure who is making them though.

A little birdy told me that there's 18 episodes of Tron Uprising locked and committed to.... and toys in the works. Not sure who is making them though.

Glad to hear it man! Hope some better figures come out of from this show than the Legacy figures.

I'm also glad to hear that they bumped it from being a 10 part miniseries to 18episodes.

I've been trying to get some insider info on the show with now luck. My brother (environmental designer/character designer for games/cartoons) knows ppl that work(ed) on the show but they've been pretty tight lipped. I've just been told that it's going to get better...typical response I guess :lol

I don't think it was ever just 10 episodes. I think people just got confused. Originally, they were going to air 10 3-4 minute mini-episodes and then the actual show was to premiere later. Instead, they stripped the episodes into "Beck's Beginning" as one 30 minute episode, with the full series to follow.

Anyway, cool to hear we might get new toys!

Glad to hear it man! Hope some better figures come out of from this show than the Legacy figures.

I'm also glad to hear that they bumped it from being a 10 part miniseries to 18episodes.

I've been trying to get some insider info on the show with now luck. My brother (environmental designer/character designer for games/cartoons) knows ppl that work(ed) on the show but they've been pretty tight lipped. I've just been told that it's going to get better...typical response I guess :lol

Okay after talking to a few more people, toys will be discussed if the show is popular. They'll have the first 6 episodes air, then break, then 6 more in the fall, so on so forth. 18 are committed to though.

Dunno if you guys heard about the TRON:UPRISING THEATER ON WHEELS tour in Southern California? Apparently it just started in Hollywood on Saturday, then to Huntington Beach, Long Beach, and Anaheim.

Bruce Boxleitner was at the Hollywood one.

https://www.endorexpress.net/2012/05/tron-uprising-theater-on-wheels/

I enjoyed watching Uprising. Looking forward to this series. Hopefully toys will follow.

Okay after talking to a few more people, toys will be discussed if the show is popular. They'll have the first 6 episodes air, then break, then 6 more in the fall, so on so forth. 18 are committed to though.

Dunno if you guys heard about the TRON:UPRISING THEATER ON WHEELS tour in Southern California? Apparently it just started in Hollywood on Saturday, then to Huntington Beach, Long Beach, and Anaheim.

Bruce Boxleitner was at the Hollywood one.

https://www.endorexpress.net/2012/05/tron-uprising-theater-on-wheels/

Nice!!
I'll be there on Sunday!
:yess:

Just watched the first episode of Tron: Uprising! :panic:

was really fun and exciting to watch.

I hope they put out some figures or statues from this show. If they do make some "child" figures I hope they got to some else besides Spinmaster this time. I like those figures but maybe try getting Hasbro or Mattel to tackle them.

I found it entertaining, but I irritated at how they completely ignored canon. But I knew they were going to do that to an extent anyways, so I don't know what I was expecting. A fun romp though.

I found it entertaining, but I irritated at how they completely ignored canon. But I knew they were going to do that to an extent anyways, so I don't know what I was expecting. A fun romp though.

What was canon that was ignored? We actually don't know what story arc they're planning in this story arc. It might be addressed in some way. I mean, the writers of LEGACY created this show so I don't think they would do anything that would ultimately jeopardize that.

Yeah, what canon was ignored? The only thing I can see is showing Tron in a white suit when he confronts Clu. But I think that's more of a stylistic thing.

What was canon that was ignored? We actually don't know what story arc they're planning in this story arc. It might be addressed in some way. I mean, the writers of LEGACY created this show so I don't think they would do anything that would ultimately jeopardize that.

Yeah, what canon was ignored? The only thing I can see is showing Tron in a white suit when he confronts Clu. But I think that's more of a stylistic thing.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

BTW I'm loving this show!
Cannot wait for the next one!!

I really hope this show is a hit, and Disney decides to start production on TRON 3 :pray:

I'm liking the show a lot as well. Unfortunately, I don't get Disney XD in HD so the beautiful visuals are a bit fuzzy.

One thing I don't like - it seems the main character is not going to "de-rezz" anyone - he just seems to punch or kick them and move on...wish he would get a bit more aggressive, but that's just a minor nitpick.

The thing that immediately comes to my mind and other big TRON fans is that the fact that Tron is Rinzler and yet has control over what he is doing, and rebels against Clu. It was firmly established in TRON Legacy and TRON Evolution that when Tron was cornered by Clu in the flashback he was reprogrammed and became Clu's puppet. There were other things but I can't remember them right now. But I'm pretty sure that the people who made Legacy had nothing to do with this series.

Last edited:
Forgot that I was gonna show you Tron Freaks this. Let me know if you guys like it! :duff

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH429pY8c8o&list=UU_D3m-GsCWrSkh9GOIRT6iA&index=3&feature=plcp[/ame]

The thing that immediately comes to my mind and other big TRON fans is that the fact that Tron is Rinzler and yet has control over what he is doing, and rebels against Clu. It was firmly established in TRON Legacy and TRON Evolution that when Tron was cornered by Clu in the flashback he was reprogrammed and became Clu's puppet. There were other things but I can't remember them right now. But I'm pretty sure that the people who made Legacy had nothing to do with this series.

What I took from the show is that Tron has been infected by Clu, but hasn't lost control of himself just yet. I drew this conclusion when Tron showed Beck his scan of the damage...

there's still time for Clu to turn Tron further into Rinzler. We're not in Tron Legacy yet.

And you're pretty sure? How about zero sure. The show was created by the original writers of Legacy because they had more stories to tell. How is that "nothing to do with this series"?

What I took from the show is that Tron has been infected by Clu, but hasn't lost control of himself just yet. I drew this conclusion when Tron showed Beck his scan of the damage...

Yes, that's all very well, but it doesn't really fit. Again, TRON Evolution fit perfectly in between the movies except for some circuitry miscolorings on certain characters, and this conflicts with it. I really doubt that Rinzler had any control after the flashback sequence. Furthermore, I'm sure that he did not receive battle wounds from Clu.

there's still time for Clu to turn Tron further into Rinzler. We're not in Tron Legacy yet.

And you're pretty sure? How about zero sure. The show was created by the original writers of Legacy because they had more stories to tell. How is that "nothing to do with this series"?

It has the traits of a traditional TV show that is set between movies. Bending plotpoints to make bank. Time for Tron to become more Rinzler....just wow.

And you're right. The writers do have something to with the series. They are producers. A huge thing to note though is that producers do not have as much control over things. A great example is when James Wan and Leigh Whannell decided not to write SAW IV and just be producers...

Supposedly, Uprising is suppose to fit in with "canon" and the whole Tron becomes Rinzler thing will be addressed we're simply not to that point yet. We can already see the beginning of Rinzler (before Tron reveals himself to Beck- all that was missing was the telltale 'T".) As far as I'm aware we've never been told exactly when Tron becomes Rinzler, not in Legacy, Betrayal, or Evolution; I think a lot of us assume it's immediately after Clu defeats Tron in the Legacy flashback.
I also think it's way too early to be critizing Uprising for not following canon. They may totally screw things up yet. Or we might be pleasantly surprised. Just IMHO.

Last edited:
Back