Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy little Amelia made it back in the story again.
Reboot from hell I'd say! LOL! Sonic and Vortex. Dead on call PC.
So, who the hell is River Song? Big Xmas coming!

I just finished watching. Loved it! Best finale since Parting of the Ways and I am really glad that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I just finished watching. Loved it! Best finale since Parting of the Ways and I am really glad that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Makes a nice bit of continuity that Nu-Who hasn't really had before, and also prevents the angle of a companion falling in love with the Doctor raising it's ugly head though I rather think that sort of crap will remain an embarrassing relic of the RTD era which Moffat seems intent on forgetting as much as possible :)

It also seems that any kind of relationship with River "I'm a smug _____" Song will only be teased at the most and I think she'll likely turn out be someone like The Rani who kills him forcing his next regeneration.

Given the reset that occurred this time round a return to the Whoniverse for Mondas and Gallifrey should be easy to do as all that's required is a line about how the remnants of the planets floating in space created enough of an "echo" to cause them to be restored when the Doctor used the TARDIS to jump start the second Big Bang.

Speaking of that, it's got to be the best homage, whether intentional or not to anything ever ( It's VERY similar to something once mentioned in an episode of "Red Dwarf". )

Beats RTD's blatant thieving from Star Wars any day of the week :)

Last edited:
Really loved the series finale! :rock

6 months until the Christmas special though......that sucks :(

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Doctor's new outfit next year.......I liked the tweed, but seeing as next years' series will be the first (of the new series) where there are no character changes, I think the change of outfit will at least add something different.

Really loved the series finale! :rock

6 months until the Christmas special though......that sucks :(

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Doctor's new outfit next year.......I liked the tweed, but seeing as next years' series will be the first (of the new series) where there are no character changes, I think the change of outfit will at least add something different.

I doubt there will be any major changes to his attire, that usually only happens when there's a regeneration. It'll remain the same basic theme but with a few minimal changes.

^^^ ya i agree probably only a few minor changes, but i have and always will love tennant's attire the most:)

I doubt there will be any major changes to his attire, that usually only happens when there's a regeneration. It'll remain the same basic theme but with a few minimal changes.

Quoted from The Sun on the 18th:

But one thing will change - the Doctor's professor-style outfit, which is not warm enough.

The actor said: "I went for a costume fitting this very morning for next year. I've always said that I think the look will evolve.

"I don't want to say too much but, just practically, we film in November and it's freezing.

"And just a tweed jacket can get a bit cold."

So yeah, I think they will make quite a few changes to his outfit.

Quoted from The Sun on the 18th:

So yeah, I think they will make quite a few changes to his outfit.

Given that the Sun has quite the reputation for pulling "quotes" out of their arse I shall believe it when I see it.

They'll give him a coat...just a coat...I did like the Tenth Doctor's costume...it was very much like the 5th Doctor, as they pointed out...

Shame about the rest of him...

I wouldn't mind a figure of the Stone Dalek, but it probably won't happen, too much to cut off and change...

great episode, and brilliant way to cap off the series. Smith is a fantastic actor and it showed amazingly as the episode skipped about from time to time. Glad about the married couple too as i was getting bored of the companions falling in love with the doctor plus it adds quite a new twist on the companion front. I felt this series wasnt as good as it could of been as there were a few episodes i wont watch again but Matt Smith has so far carried the role so well he's got a great future ahead of him, i enjoyed RTD's era greatly and i hope Moffat can have a great second season that imporves on some of the negatives of the first for me.

From what I've heard, it seems that on dr who confidential, smith tells us that river will be revealed completely next season. Can anyone confirm that?

Thats the first I have heard that. Be great if its true and the finale seemed to imply that River is heavily involved in the next series arc.

It was a great episode and a great ending to the series, BUT one thing that is really annoying me is this:
Spoiler Spoiler:

It just seems like a gaping plot hole to me....
What does everyone else think?

It was a great episode and a great ending to the series, BUT one thing that is really annoying me is this:
Spoiler Spoiler:

It just seems like a gaping plot hole to me....
What does everyone else think?

I guess that might have something to do with what the Doctor said to Amy in Flesh and Stone, "Your a Time traveller now" and that some stuff will be different for her, So i'm guessing its the same for River?:dunno

hmmm I'm not convcinced....
Spoiler Spoiler:

i think it might be revealed when we see the next series, depending on who River is she could sit outside of the laws of normalities.

Whoever River is, I just want the smug b***h out of the show ASAP. She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Back