Do you display any of your collection at work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an assortment, mostly the Kotobukiya stuff. Not sure why.

Right now there's:
Koto McQuarrie Luke/Vader
Koto Bossk
Koto 4-Lom
Koto Stormtrooper
Koto Snowtrooper
Koto Dengar
Koto Chewe
Koto R2 and 3PO
Koto Sandtrooper
Koto Commander
Koto Zuckuss
Mattel 12" Killer Croc
Mattel 12" Cybor Supes
ML BAF Fin Fang Foom
Koto TIE Fighter
FOX Sports Cleatus
Mcfarlane Lard Lad diorama
and an assortment of Hot Wheels on the desk...

I used to have stuff at work (I work in a call center), but the florescent lighting actually faded some of the clothing on one of my custom figures. The lighting and temperature also contributed to the cracking of the dome on my ED-209 figure.

I spend too much money on toys to have them ruined in my work environment. I would rather enjoy them at home.

I have an assortment, mostly the Kotobukiya stuff. Not sure why.

Right now there's:
Koto McQuarrie Luke/Vader
Koto Bossk
Koto 4-Lom
Koto Stormtrooper
Koto Snowtrooper
Koto Dengar
Koto Chewe
Koto R2 and 3PO
Koto Sandtrooper
Koto Commander
Koto Zuckuss
Mattel 12" Killer Croc
Mattel 12" Cybor Supes
ML BAF Fin Fang Foom
Koto TIE Fighter
FOX Sports Cleatus
Mcfarlane Lard Lad diorama
and an assortment of Hot Wheels on the desk...

Mike, you have a job? I thought you just got to do toy reviews all day :).

I have a few pieces in my office just to give a bit of flavor, but not to be overwhelming. I'm a pyschologist so having a few pieces tends to give clients something they can recognize and connect with... but I keep it low key so as not to overwhelm anyone's senses :lol

They have psychologists in Oklahoma?

I use to have my Hot Toys in my office but co workers come in and mess with them so I only have some Transformers on display right now.

Haha, I display TONS of stuff at work. I work at a video game company so no problems whatsoever and I've never had anything stolen. I have a whole shelf of transformers, some one piece figures, kotobukiya marvel stuff, metal gear figures, and my sideshow gambit, rogue, mystique, cyclops, and AH rogue all on display. I actually probably need to cut back so that I can keep room for my computer!

I use to have my Hot Toys in my office but co workers come in and mess with them so I only have some Transformers on display right now.

Oh, hell no!

Kewl im not the only one doing this lol! at the moment I'm displaying a Marvel Legends Charles Xavier, a Depo Mart Mil Mascaras figure and one of the 3 Metal Boss´s i have lol!
:nana:

I have my entire Hot Toys collection in my Office, including full bookshelf dioramas, about 30 figures, as well as a collection of star trek 1/6 figures. My boss jokes that they will soon need to build more bookcases in my office for my growing collection (darn that Hot Toys and their fabulous new releases!). Everyone comes in to look, but no one touches.

Kewl im not the only one doing this lol! at the moment I'm displaying a Marvel Legends Charles Xavier, a Depo Mart Mil Mascaras figure and one of the 3 Metal Boss´s i have lol!
:nana:

Please share pics!! Which one is it?

Yes, but no hot water... therefor the need for psychologists :lecture

:lol:lol:lol

I keep a few Gentle Giant minibusts around my cube ... Indy, Hellboy, Sauron, Balrog ... and a United Cutlery mini Narsil letter opener that I actually use every day.

But the vast majority of my treasures (especially all the HT figures and the big Sideshow stuff) lives at home in a VERY crowded home office. I'd bring these guys home, too, but since I work in NYC and live in NJ, it's kind of a pain to lug them home on the train.

Never had any problems having stuff on display here, though. I work at HBO and they're pretty chill about creative stuff.

Back