Do you clean your new toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
You know like Toys are made in sweat factories and even though paints & materials are assumed to be safe they aren't really edible.

So when you open up a new toy do you clean it with damp clothes or alcohol wipes just to wipe away the grease/toxic/bacterias on the toys so you don't have to wash your hands everytime you finish playing with them so you can eat your McDonald Burgers safely without washing your hands?

Or in case you have small kids they like to put everything in their mouth and suck their fingers without washing their hands.

Or you cat whom decides to lick it to see how they taste.

Better safe than sorry. Never know they could be using Leaded Paints.

That is exactly why I "clean" the Chinese paint off all my pieces before I display them, don't want to end up like potato:lol

mind giving us some tips?

i know alcohol wipes are good but sometimes they accidentally wipe off the weathering paints & also panel lines.

do you use tissue paper, virgin or non-virgin? or do you use table cloth, or micro fiber cloth, or do you use the shirt you are wearing, or lick them clean like a cat would?

pink-tongue.png

Yep, lick everything

I take everything I buy with me in the bathtub and wash them there together with my rubber ducky. I had problems with my big LED TV and floor speakers though, they barely fit in the bathtub... :(

I never thought about washing my hands after handing these figures. Maybe I should.

Back