Divorce and action figures in Texas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know never again, would I tell her stuff like that. They were 9 months old when this happened, we were just victims of routine life. She says she cannot speak anything bad about me and that I am a good dad, is just that this made her stronger, before she was too dependent of me before, now I made her independent, we will see how it goes, divorce papers came in that she has to fill out... But I don't think she will do it...

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

the+addams+family+gif.gif

saw this on the news. reminded me of this thread:

jWb73bJQBoUcY.png

Last edited:
Hire a lawyer and DO NOT give off the impression that these toys matter to you ASIDE from your lawyer. I'm sure your wife knows it already though, and she can easily use that to her advantage.

I'm not sure if it's legal to "lend" your collection to a friend until the matter is settled so you have check up on that.

If you kept receipts of your collection that might help somewhat. Regardless, ask what your lawyer thinks.

But in all seriousness, think about your kids first man. Toys are material things, your children will suffer if mom and dad made mistakes. Focus on your collection second, next after you and your wife have come to an agreement for what's best for your kids. Good luck.

Okay.. just finished reading about the affair which I didn't know when I was originally replying above.

..and card readings.

Listen man, since you started the affair it's really something you need to take a good look in the mirror and see where you are now. I'm sure you feel guilty about it but at this point, I wouldn't even bother with my toys. A collection is meant to supplement a good life, man. What good is a collection if your life is a wreck?

Don't blame your wife for her actions. Women are complicated and by what you have mentioned here, seems to me the actions she took were natural responses to a traumatic event, even her getting a boyfriend. Wouldn't you and I find comfort in someone else if we were screwed over?

Have a sit down with her. Tell her you genuinely want to fix things (or whatever you have in mind) and show her you're serious by making sacrifices. She knows your collection means the world to you, show her it's second compared to her and the kids. How you express that is up to you.

All in all, you need a resolution, for you, your wife and the kids. Think things trough and get it a.s.a.p.

What a horrible world we live in where a woman can take a man's Collectibles...
:(

what happens if he gives the toys to someone else as a gift? not lending them?

(And the that friend can give them back to him after a couple of years or something???)

I should start a lending service after this. :lecture Could you imagine how much $$$ I or anyone else could make off having a storage unit and being paid to hide possessions. :lol But in all seriousness, the damn figures ain't worth ya life bud. In all honesty we don't exactly own them when we dead.

what happens if he gives the toys to someone else as a gift? not lending them?

(And the that friend can give them back to him after a couple of years or something???)

Sell it to friend you trust for a dollar.

Hiding assets to defraud a family court is a lousy idea. Especially for something as stupid as toys.

Get caught, and the judge will burn you to the ground. And, you're going to get caught. The wife knows what you have. And judges are smart enough to tell when you're offloading assets to keep 'em from the wife. Try it, and he'll just give her everything.

SnakeDoc

I think the case with the Lego guy is that he just had so many that it was taking over the house. Or maybe he was addicted and spending money they didn't have. I think in most cases women don't care about things like this unless it's causing problems.

Too many people who are or want to be married for it to be such a bad thing. I could take it or leave it myself.

So, a 6-month affair... kids are 14 months old. What's the timeline here? How old were the kids when the affair started? Or were they even born?

Twin toddlers... affairs... key monitor... action figures... fortune tellers...

I think the Coen Brothers have found their next film.

Too many people who are or want to be married for it to be such a bad thing. I could take it or leave it myself.

Few go to a restaurant and vocally compliment the service. Same principle applies. Complainers are always noisier than the contented.

SnakeDoc

Back