Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much appreciated. Yeah, the extra support from the clothes rails was a must. They were a pain to install as well. If you can get help from a friend, I highly recommend it.

When you installed the clothes rack, was the outside screw drilled into solid particle board or was it hollow and you had to anchor it a different way? Nullmind said he found out the walls are hallow a certain length from the pre-drilled holes, while he was doing his build.

When you installed the clothes rack, was the outside screw drilled into solid particle board or was it hollow and you had to anchor it a different way? Nullmind said he found out the walls are hallow a certain length from the pre-drilled holes, while he was doing his build.

So I drilled the holes for the rails and part of it is hollow. I did not anchor from the outside of the cabinet. These are a support beam and should be good with my statues. Its an extremely sturdy shelf with the original plastic shelf clips and the added rail. Are you planning on building a PAX system?

An outdated pic of my Pax.

904aa70aa3a551e35779fd0021c4373c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I drilled the holes for the rails and part of it is hollow. I did not anchor from the outside of the cabinet. These are a support beam and should be good with my statues. Its an extremely sturdy shelf with the original plastic shelf clips and the added rail. Are you planning on building a PAX system?

Yeah I built a couple, but i didnt add the extra cross support like you have on yours. here is a link to mine, i did a whole write up with acrylic doors.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...lic-doors-glass-shelves-finally-finished.html

An outdated pic of my Pax.

904aa70aa3a551e35779fd0021c4373c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got rid of your half shelf on the balsa blocks? just wanted to go a different direction or you have more displays you are building?

Also the difference in the lighting from the bottom shelf to the top 3 shelves, is that just you using the masking tape trick on the top shelves and not the bottom one?

You got rid of your half shelf on the balsa blocks? just wanted to go a different direction or you have more displays you are building?

This is my new setup after my move earlier this year. I decided to add an extra full shelf with a light instead of the half shelf. I still might add them though. I thought I would only be collecting masks and busts, but I've gotten back into collecting statues and 1/6 figs, so my setup will probably change again. Adjusting the shelf heights isn't as a big of a deal this time because I ran all the wiring through one hole per pax. In my last display I drilled holes in the backboard for each wire per shelf and it made adjusting the shelf heights impractical. Notice there's no visible wire runs. :)

oh that is a great Idea, I should have run them all through the same hole as well. Have 4 different holes drilled at the moment, maybe ill centralize one and put electrical tape on the back of the others. Also why is the lighting brightness different? is that the masking tape trick you posted about?

oh that is a great Idea, I should have run them all through the same hole as well. Have 4 different holes drilled at the moment, maybe ill centralize one and put electrical tape on the back of the others. Also why is the lighting brightness different? is that the masking tape trick you posted about?

Yep. That pic was pre tape. Also that bottom shelf light is much closer to the collectibles than the other shelves so I used a couple layers of tape to tone it down.

I'm looking to get the Billy too. Is that discount wishful thinking or has it happened in the past before?
It's probably happened in the past. The Besta unit was on sale recently, back over xmas I think. So they do it, it's just a matter of when.

Any recommendations on a 1:2 scale display case? Or even a nice pedestal type stand? I've got the SS 1:2 scale endoskeleton and I'm having issues finding anything even close to his dimensions.

Last edited:
If anyone might be interested in purchasing a fully built Pax display case in the greater Chicago area let me know. I'm considering changing things up a little.

Back