Display Questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couchfly

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys, couple of display questions for you.

I am currently building a new home office after not having a dedicated one for about 7 years now. That sounds nuts reading over that number I just typed out loud! Anywho, I am a bit out of the loop for making stuff look absolutely freakin' amazing like you guys do here so here it goes.

---What are you all using these days for enclosed displays for 1/4 scale statues since the Besta is not supposedly being made with it's glass door these days????

Also- What is the best wireless remote control lighting situation to control all displays these days??? Would love to walk in the room and only have to hit one or two buttons to light up everything

Back when I had a setup I had 2 Detolf's that I had color LED wireless remote control lighting I installed down both cases. Each shelf level had a strip on the underside so the light wasn't seen and then daisy chained to use one remote for the two displays wirelessly. I don't remember the name of the lights and now when I look online all I can find are wired remotes for the color LED stuff.

I also had a "Besta" tower piece that I can not find anywhere online either. It was one large piece and not the singular cubes like standard Bestas from what I understand. It was like a huge bookcase with glass doors and had six sections inside to display 6 large statues. I never got that far on lighting for these- I think I just placed a four spotlight track lighting (wireless) from Amazon inside for each statue. Kinda lame but worked at the time. Just never fully figured it out.

I can try and post some pictures from the old office later.

Any and all help is very appreciated. Please post links to stuff!

Cheers!

Older photos of the old office in the old place back in the day. Looking forward to getting setup again in the new spot! Lights for Detolf I think I remember now getting them on Amazon.

IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_8075.jpg

That's one side of my office (the rest just has a bunch of detolf's) but just wanted to share for my lighting I have the LED lights on this one attached to a smart plug and the detolf LEDs are attached to another plug. So the LED lights are always 'ON' but I use the smart plug to control power to them. I'm able to just hit a button on my Apple Watch or tell Siri to turn on home office and it activates all the plugs which in turn gets all my lights on :). I can also schedule them when to turn and off etc so its a nice option

IMG_6603.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa! MCU! That set up rocks man! I really dig that you have the option to remotely control your lights from an app.

-What type of case is that? Can you post a link to your lights? I would like to look into grabbing some :)

Also, would love to see the rest of your setup! Is that a Mondo Age of Ultron sliver I see hanging on the wall?

Thanks :). I'd love to post a full setup eventually, been cleaning up the office last little bit so its a bit of a mess to share a pic :p soon I can

I wish I knew more info about the cabinet; I bought this second hand from a guy who lives near me and honestly I don't have much info about it, I'd be interested in a second matching one if I knew more about it

The lights I use these ones: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MNKS1V6/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1. I have two sets (each set is 4 lights), so each level I use two of the lights to make them long enough

And good eye :), yes that's the Age of Ultron print from Tyler Stout, have the Civil War one as well right next to it just out of frame

Nice! Yeah that case is really unique. I look forward to checking out the rest of your setup man! Thanks so much for the link to the lights. Tyler Stout rocks! I have the Civil War one too!

Back