Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the double post.

Will be using cool white 5050 led strips to light my Pax laid into aluminium diffuser channels.

Any opinions as to what would look better. Lights in the middle of the shelf shining straight down or at the front of the shelf on an angle shining back into the unit?

Thanks.

Front angled back works best IMO.

Been following this thread for awhile and finally got my own pax. What I'm figuring out now are the acrylic panels. I'm nervous about measuring them, so I'm asking for some thoughts on my measurements. I got these sliding doors and my measurement is 39 1/4 x 78 1/16 for the panels. Anyone with these doors get a similar measurement? Or if you got the taller size, does the difference between my measurement and the overall dimensions of the door seem accurate or good enough for installation? Thanks for any replies.

Have any of you spliced the Ikea Komplement or Striberg led cord to make it longer? If so please tell me how and what I need to do it. I can't seem to find any info online. Thanks!

Been following this thread for awhile and finally got my own pax. What I'm figuring out now are the acrylic panels. I'm nervous about measuring them, so I'm asking for some thoughts on my measurements. I got these sliding doors and my measurement is 39 1/4 x 78 1/16 for the panels. Anyone with these doors get a similar measurement? Or if you got the taller size, does the difference between my measurement and the overall dimensions of the door seem accurate or good enough for installation? Thanks for any replies.

Ive got the same doors but the taller 90 inchers. You'll want to put the frames together minus the plexi just for measurement sake. I didnt go by ikeas measurements, here are my measurements-

First I measured inside the lips- the distance where it would be possible for the sheet to slip out on both sides (i.e. the amount of the sheet that will actually be visible). Just as a safety measure. You must stay above these two measurements if you have any hope whatsoever of it not falling out-

Height - 90 3/8"
Width - 29 5/16"

Then you want to find the max. The lip has a 1/4" space under it, so add 1/2" to your above measurement to account for both sides of the sheet. If you want your frames to fit together you cannot go above these measurements-

Height - 90 7/8"
Width - 29 13/16"

Now you want a bit of play to allow for error by the cutter and/or ease of assembly. I opted for 1/16" of play on all sides, so subtract 1/8" from both above measurements. If the glass were to shift all the way over in any direction, it will remain under the opposite lip. My final measurement-

Height - 90 3/4"
Width - 29 11/16"

My doors were the tall narrow ones, sounds like yours are the short wide ones. Your final measurements will be different but the above process should work. Mine fit perfect, no probs. I did use a 1/8" sheet of plexiglass from Home Depot- Im not sure if using 1/4" will affect the above measurements... hope this helps and good luck :wave

Is there a secret to reducing static/cleaning the acrylic after peeling the backing off? I have them in the frames with only the parts that sit in the frame peeled but scared to do the rest because i know my house is somewhat dusty and it's going to be a magnet to it haha

Is there a secret to reducing static/cleaning the acrylic after peeling the backing off? I have them in the frames with only the parts that sit in the frame peeled but scared to do the rest because i know my house is somewhat dusty and it's going to be a magnet to it haha

Use a damp lint free cloth and wipe over the whole surface front and back, make sure it is damp and not wet as it will leave streaks if its too wet.

Hi everyone.

I started a new thread on this, but thought that I'd post this here as well, given the thread topic. Here's a quick update on another custom display item, but this time, for my 1:6 figures. I designed a set of brackets that accommodate a single, or up-to three, articulating arm from the Hoy Toys dynamic figure stands, but then inserts into the side walls of standard 32mm cabinetry. This allows me a great deal of flexibility to display without the hinderance of the mis-matched bases, no height restrictions, and the ability to display multiple figures together in dynamic flight/fight diorama-style scenes. In the end, I think these turned out really cool.

Oh okay, sorry. Not sure about a single door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's ok thank you tho. I did go today to look at doors. There's a door called FERVIK that has a frosted glass. I asked the rep if it comes assembled and he said it did. Boo :/

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

I'm having the hardest time finding something to fit my XM Phoenix. I know they can fit in Besta, but the issue is I have cats, so I need to put on the normal glass doors the Besta uses. When I do this (because Ikea got rid of the all glass ones, now they all have a damn black border), it cuts off parts of the statue.

So, I was looking for a different cabinet for her. I found an awesome, but expensive, one at a nice furniture store. However, when I called the manufacturer, they said they only recommend 25lbs on the glass shelves - so that was out.

Now, I'm back to square one - meaning I have no options at the moment. The only thing I can think of is to keep her on a heavy dresser and buy a custom acrylic case to go over the statue.

I just picked up two 93" x 39" PAX's over the weekend. I finally got around to assembling them yesterday. Now I've got to reinforce the shelves and find some metal plugs or clips with screws to place the shelves on. Want to make sure everything is straight before I start displaying my PFs in them.

Filip have you checked out NUll's write up on the Pax units he built?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...11-ultimate-ikea-pax-built-acrylic-doors.html
He has done the best reinforcement that I have found. The metal pegs he found can be bought on ebay right now for pretty cheap, but everything else seems to be custom built. Do you have a plan on how you will be reinforcing your shelves? I will be buying my 2 pax in a couple weeks and still undecided how I will fully reinforce the shelving.

Filip have you checked out NUll's write up on the Pax units he built?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...11-ultimate-ikea-pax-built-acrylic-doors.html
He has done the best reinforcement that I have found. The metal pegs he found can be bought on ebay right now for pretty cheap, but everything else seems to be custom built. Do you have a plan on how you will be reinforcing your shelves? I will be buying my 2 pax in a couple weeks and still undecided how I will fully reinforce the shelving.

I definitely did see Null's PAX units. He did an amazing job on them. I won't have any doors on mine so I just need those metal pegs and the poles he used for shelf support. The problem is I live in the U.S. and can't seem to find those metal shelf pegs or the support poles he used for his PAX here in the States. I'm going to my local home improvement stores tomorrow to see what my options are. Ideally, I'd just be able to score the pegs and support poles Null used and call it a day but it doesn't look like it'll be that simple.

Back