Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full gallery with Dilophosaurus https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...rus_PhotoGallery&utm_campaign=facebook_111312

PS: Weird statue. When I looked closely at the anatomy of the dinosaur, I noticed some aspects of the neck, tail give me the impression that they do not fit well

PS: and to me it seems very small statue, in comparison with the apple. My note is 7/10. I think statues as Apatosaurus, T-Rex Maquette, or Stegosaurus will not see
, soon: (

Not digging the price for the size. comparing with the Stego doesn't really help it's case. I think 250.00 or so would have been much better.

200047_press03-001.jpg

200135_press03-001.jpg

I don't see much issue in how the pieces fit. The male does seem to be leaning a bit.

I also don't see any noticeable flaws....

But this piece is quite pricey considering its size imo. Each individual Dilophosaurus seems to be similar to the size of the male Allosaurus from the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus dio.

Jorge's sculptures tend to be very thoroughly researched. He's told me he refers to Tracy Ford and Greg Paul for reconstruction guidance, among others, and I think it's some of the best sculpture to date.

As for the price, I suppose things were always going to get more expensive before they got any cheaper. At least there are two animals in the scene, though I'm surprised there wasn't a nest after all.

The only reason sideshow priced this at <$300 is because of the extremely poor sales of their previous $350 dinosauria. For example if the $350 Stegosaurus sold well, you can bet your little behind this thing will be $350 or higher, given it's 2 full dinosaurs.

So count yourself lucky this is only priced at $300.

So count yourself lucky this is only priced at $300.
No offense to you, but Sideshow can count themselves lucky if I even consider getting this off ebay when someone posts this for ~$200. The way Sideshow has been handling the Dinosauria line lately makes me want to forget about them entirely.

No offense to you, but Sideshow can count themselves lucky if I even consider getting this off ebay when someone posts this for ~$200. The way Sideshow has been handling the Dinosauria line lately makes me want to forget about them entirely.

i am just saying in the context of their pricing, this is cheap. Everything is $350+ nowdays from them.

But if you look at it from the outside, $300 for a dinosaur statue is probably expensive...but everyone has their own opinion what it is worth.

$200 for ex on ebay is a pipe dream, maybe for the regular once it goes into gift card.

I think 300.00 is close but probably right for the EX since it has the skull and all. When you consider again this as an unbuilt , unpainted kit it would be 200.00 or more. Then you have to have someone build and paint it. Unless your very lucky your talking 1-300.00 for that service. So yeah even at this size it's still a deal. Maybe not as good as some of the earlier pieces..but still a deal.

$200 for ex on ebay is a pipe dream, maybe for the regular once it goes into gift card.
Right. I've never seen an EX for less than original price on ebay, but I got all my others for about $200 (including the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus).

Blade-of-the-Moon said:
I think 300.00 is close but probably right for the EX since it has the skull and all. When you consider again this as an unbuilt , unpainted kit it would be 200.00 or more. Then you have to have someone build and paint it. Unless your very lucky your talking 1-300.00 for that service. So yeah even at this size it's still a deal. Maybe not as good as some of the earlier pieces..but still a deal.
Well, most of the Sideshow paint jobs have been rather poor (the ones the public gets, the prototype jobs look good). The only reason I have not repainted mine is the risk of devaluing them. However, I have no intention of selling any of mine, so the day may come when I give them a paint job worthy to be displayed next to my resin models.

Last edited:
Right. I've never seen an EX for less than original price on ebay, but I got all my others for about $200 (including the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus).

Well, most of the Sideshow paint jobs have been rather poor (the ones the public gets, the prototype jobs look good). The only reason I have not repainted mine is the risk of devaluing them. However, I have no intention of selling any of mine, so the day may come when I give them a paint job worthy to be displayed next to my resin models.

I have to disagree. Most of my statues have nice paint jobs. Maybe not ultra pro quality, but that would be another couple hundred bucks. There is the odd one that could be tweaked or enhanced though and some times paint varies from piece to piece. The lower numbers seem to be better. I am getting a little bored of the same color choices in a few of these these pieces.

I currently don't plan to sell any of mine but you never know.. makes it hard to decide whether to do touch up, full repaints or what ever.

Got my order in for the exclusive, using Flexpay. That should soften the blow of the $300 price tag. I'm always very grateful that Sideshow let's you pay in installments. I still wish Weta would adopt this policy. :(

Back