Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about those impressions. That's certainly why so many are seen sitting.

okie i was totally wrong on this one...this is completely unexpected. I was sure sideshow is done with large dinosauria statues due to poor sales, but apparently not.

very good news!

This one's looking great. As long as it's not too pricey, I'll get it.

From FB page Dilophosaurus Maquette coming soon

55779_10151184548259145_477056637_o.jpg

Looks fantastic!!! Kudos again to Sideshow!!! :clap

I'm guessing it will ballpark around the same as the other maquettes..but we are getting two statues so it might be a bit more.
Hmm, it will probably be the same. The first one, the Tyrannosaurus vs Triceratops (two dinosaurs) was $250, and the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus (three dinosaurs) was $290, so it's likely to be $300 or less. I hope the scale will be between 1/18 to 1/15 so I can put these guys with rest of my collection:
Joelsdinosaurs.jpg

tyrannosaurus.jpg

Never seen a dino maquette sell out quick, even with the typically very low ES. Pretty limited customer base I guess (apart from the novelty/gift/egg offerings).

I like that there are 2 Dilophosaurus in this statue. Will be pre-ordering this from Sideshow if there is an Ex Edition. If there isn't any Ex Edition, then I will be getting this from my local retailer.

I don't see them breaking the tradition of offering a skull as the EX extra. It's what most collectors of the line expect, and I think quite a few would be disappointed not to have the same with this one so they could continue their skull line-up :)

I don't see them breaking the tradition of offering a skull as the EX extra. It's what most collectors of the line expect, and I think quite a few would be disappointed not to have the same with this one so they could continue their skull line-up :)

I just never saw the skulls as so important. I think every one of these species is offered as a skull piece by other companies in a more detailed format. So I would probably just buy them to use, like I did with the Allosaurus Dio. It's also odd because you only have one skull with the Dios and two animals represented. I would just like something different. For example with this piece. It's probably a mated pair. Make a replica of a cutaway fossilized egg showing a baby Dilo curled inside. No one has done that yet that I'm aware of.

I'm actually hoping they have a different exclusive item besides the skull..something that would really make me want to go for an EX version.

actually i am hoping it's just skulls, that way i can save tons of money and just get the reg once it inevitably goes into gift card section as i could careless about the skulls.

but if it's some other ex then i will be forced to pay full retail and grab it.

twisted..i know. :monkey1

Back