1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Exactly.

I wouldn't even care if I had minor scratches that weren't noticeable, but those things stick out like a sore thumb. It was the first thing I noticed when I took the cocoon off when I opened it.

I hope people don't think that the folks with damage are being nitpicky. The flash doesn't accentuate those marks, in person it's just as bad.

Nitpicking isn't a factor. You dropped almost a grand on a lemon. Anything less than perfection is ludicrous.

So it comes with the Cocoon on right? There is no barrier at all between?

Nitpicking isn't a factor. You dropped almost a grand on a lemon. Anything less than perfection is ludicrous.

So it comes with the Cocoon on right? There is no barrier at all between?

The cocoon has foam inserts inside it and there are plastic tape wrappings around the cocoon.

Gotcha, I was thinking it was a bare shell which is where the damage came from. So what do you guys think is causing all the damage? Just typical bad QC?

No, probably the delivery guys dropping the boxes, it has to be something that rattles the inside pretty good, they should mark fragile all over the box

I don't believe the scratches are occurring during shipment, as foam rubbing against plastic isn't going to cause damage like that. I suspect they're getting unintentionally beat up during the assembly/packaging process at Hot Toys factory by some overworked and underpaid worker tired of lifting 30 pound plastic cars all day.

I don't believe the scratches are occurring during shipment, as foam rubbing against plastic isn't going to cause damage like that. I suspect they're getting unintentionally beat up during the assembly/packaging process at Hot Toys factory by some overworked and underpaid worker tired of lifting 30 pound plastic cars all day.

:lecture

I think you got it. Was it packed tightly? Any rattle?

I never expect an absolute perfect item/figure or whatever, it's just not gonna happen and I am fine with that, if you look hard enough you will find something wrong with it.

Someome said something about a 1/1 black car, I have a black car and truck so I know the horrors of black, but if our batmobiles were 1/1 some of these scratches would be 2 to 3 inches wide and 2 to 3 feet long.

Someone else mentioned I should look under the canopy straps for any more damage and their was more scratches.

I am thinking that yes this did happen during assembly, maybe in a jig they use to hold or something.

Wow, so as of right now basically half of them have arrived damaged. At this point I'm just expecting the worst when I receive mine and if it shows up ok it will be like a getting an unexpected gift.

:horror I didn't know there were so many with QC issues.. I was thinking about ordering one from a local dealer but for 830 dollars I'm not sure I want to risk it.

I packed mine up and I had to put it in my closet vertically. Then I was terrified it scratched it so I took it back out and there was still no damage. I don't think it's the shield

Completely unacceptable.
For the price of this piece its absurd it isn't packed properly.

:horror I didn't know there were so many with QC issues.. I was thinking about ordering one from a local dealer but for 830 dollars I'm not sure I want to risk it.
There wasn't the first week but this week many of them have arrived with scuffs and scratches on the canopy. This is why I believe it's an issue with hot toys assembly and not the shipping - or else there'd have been damaged units from the get-go.

There wasn't the first week but this week many of them have arrived with scuffs and scratches on the canopy. This is why I believe it's an issue with hot toys assembly and not the shipping - or else there'd have been damaged units from the get-go.

I hope it gets solved by the time they start shipping to Europe.. would suck to receive one like that. Hopefully Sideshow has contacted Hot Toys about this.

The packaging was actually pretty impressive.

Who knows how these scratches occurred.

Its anyone's guess how but if the packaging is good then the 'when' is narrowed down to either during assembly of car or during initial packaging up for shipment. Either way its a lottery on what you end up with.

I finally got around to checking mine out. Unfortunately there's a small scratch near the canopy, but I can live with it. I'll display the undamaged side more prominently. It looked like the shield had all of the foam in place as well.

Back