1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
made_in_china.jpg

Mine arrived with 3 minor scratches all on one side. One around the rear wheel well and 2 around the cockpit. As far as I can tell all of the cushions were included in the cocoon so who knows.

Not enough to send back imo but still a disappointment for a high end collectible like this...

Should open a poll on number of damage or mint car which can last for months so people can come in to report...

Little red dot

people with problems should post a picture of the damage with their comment so we can know if it's for real or just some bull**** to **** on Hot Toys...

Any thoughts on what I said about breaking the 'Damaged' vote into 2?

A) YES, but shields only
B) YES, car aswell

So many of these votes for 'Damaged' could be damage that a bunch of us wouldn't care about as its only on the shields (that many of us wouldn't display anyway).

Mine is mint, but I'll wait for the finalised poll before adding my vote. It should be as transparent as possible

wow youd think they would have learned from the first tumbler fiasco and atleast test the packaging out some more

Not like they didn't have a year + to go over details such as this

I remember when my first tumbler arrived damaged they had me ship it from the US to HK and it was like $300 shipping but they paid for it and sent me a new one.

However they were much smaller back then and doubt they would do that now.

Any thoughts on what I said about breaking the 'Damaged' vote into 2?

A) YES, but shields only
B) YES, car aswell

So many of these votes for 'Damaged' could be damage that a bunch of us wouldn't care about as its only on the shields (that many of us wouldn't display anyway).
Sorry, when I made the poll I had only seen a single report of cocoon damage but no damage to the car itself; for that reason I didn't think to separate it out.

Not like they didn't have a year + to go over details such as this

Totally agree. For as long as this thing has been delayed, there really is no excuse for a widespread problem like this is starting to appear to be.

Sallah

I feel for you guys. Although I'm glad I dodged the bullet and didn't buy it like I planned.

Mine has some damage as well. Same 3 or 4 big scuffs on the canopy and just behind it (on passenger side only). One smaller scratch by the gas tank, and some light scuffing on the hood areas.
Cocoon shield also has some big scuffs through the protective film, but like most I'm not too concerned about that as it won't be displayed.

this is why I am gonna pre order this in a store, where I can see the actual thing before I buy it and inspect the hell out of it! :)

I don't think a few small scuffs is a huge deal. Have any of you guys ever had a 1:1 black car? Even brand new, scuffs and scratches all over. This thing is huge. I think expecting this to be absolutely flawless in that aspect is being unrealistic.

I don't think a few small scuffs is a huge deal. Have any of you guys ever had a 1:1 black car? Even brand new, scuffs and scratches all over. This thing is huge. I think expecting this to be absolutely flawless in that aspect is being unrealistic.

But some of these scratches look like the tip of nail went up and down the side of the plastic.

well deep scratches and scuffs are different. Sounds like a woman was handling your car while packing it up jye

These aren't the kind of scuffs you need a magnifying glass and direct sunlight to locate. We're talking scuffs that can be measured in inches and look like someone threw the car down a fight of concrete stairs before boxing it up:

attachment.php

Exactly.

I wouldn't even care if I had minor scratches that weren't noticeable, but those things stick out like a sore thumb. It was the first thing I noticed when I took the cocoon off when I opened it.

I hope people don't think that the folks with damage are being nitpicky. The flash doesn't accentuate those marks, in person it's just as bad.

Back