Did you enjoy Wolverine Origins, or did you dislike it?(no spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you enjoy Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excellent to watch and was riveted from start to finish...yeah coulda been better but most films could in retrospect...
Reading Harry Knowles 'review' on AITC just goes to show the mentality of some folk hating something for hates sake. It was unjustified and just a reactionary hissy fit coz they didnt let his fat ass in for a pre screening
I think we're all waiting for the perfect comic/book/video game adaptation, but i think its nigh on impossible to convert note for note without concession Watchmen tried it but ended up a bloated, rambling monster..(The Comedian deserves a spin off film though!)

Last edited:
It was fun, I relly enjoyed it. Though in term of character history, I think the director cant wait to get into the Weapon X storyline as he skim off the childhood back story part of Wolverine. It was nice to have the special appearance of one of the best character in the X-men movie franchise (no spoiler here hopefully) :)

Lastly, is it me or Gambit doesnt have the new orlean accent as in the cartoon version?

Told you it was enjoyable

Oh heres Gambit in X-men
You be the judge if it' New Orlean or not
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yK-N2KHt4jw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yK-N2KHt4jw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I for one expected more than a mindless popcorn flick.

Jackman agreed that by X3 Wolverine had gotten soft and wanted to change that with this movie. Instead we got another neutered Wolverine.

The plot and script were not very good or original, plot holes and gaps in logic, too many characters with poor character development (maybe actually focus on Wolverine and his story without trying to shoehorn in all the needless cameos), too many inconsistencies with what was established in X1 & 2.

I do think that Jackman and Schrieber did a great job with what they were given to work with.

But hey, if you just want check your brain at the door and watch the big loud mindless action, I am sure that some will have enjoyed it.

This is the best reveiw of the movie i have read so far.....he's spot on....

Seems like most here liked it. That's what i thought would happen after seeing it and hearing the initial backlash on the board. It's amazing how just a few people can make a lot of people worry about it being so bad, and then when viewing it for themselves enjoying it and wondering what the big fuss was about.

Yeah, why does everyone else's opinion matter if you have your own? If this poll result supposed to validate or invalidate anything? It could be 99.9% in favor and I would still be thoroughly sure that the film is a turd.

Yeah, why does everyone else's opinion matter if you have your own? If this poll result supposed to validate or invalidate anything? It could be 99.9% in favor and I would still be thoroughly sure that the film is a turd.

I think it validates the fact that the movie might not of been as bad as some of the members here and from other internet fanboyz sites claimed it to be. (to the ones that were severely worried after hearing doom and gloom from others)

I saw others taking people opinions here quite to heart. (don't know why anyone would do that without seeing something for themselves but hey) And then when upon viewing it then ended up liking it. (which i had a gut feeling would be the case) So i guess this poll validates my own thoughts as well.:monkey3

I guess it's just a case of - don't listen to internetwebz fanboys opinions of something until you watch it for yourself.

Again for the record - i enjoyed it, thought it could've been better though. But certainly was not the pile of dog ^^^^ i was told it was in the beginning.

/thread
:peace

I guess it's just a case of - don't listen to internetwebz fanboys opinions of something until you watch it for yourself.

I love how the "fanboys" are always the people on the other side of a debate over a movie. :lol

That said, who the hell cares whether people liked or hated this movie or not? Unless you have stock in Fox or are related to the filmmakers I can't understand being invested in it emotionally at all. :huh

But oh well. :peace Indeed

Back