Did you cry at The Dark Knight Rises?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you cry at The Dark Knight Rises?

• Yes

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 58.3%
  • No, but I know someone who did.

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this made me happy..like a father son moment.

d2.jpg

bruce did well alfred:yess:

Runs off with a chick that stole from him, caused him to lose all his money and sets him up to get to get beat up and back broken.

Yea, Wayne is one well off fella.

Tear up? No they caused my eyes to roll out of my skull.

:lol Nolan.

People cried during this movie?? And I really really hope this is the last Batman thread for a long time.

I don't think there was anything clever about Alfred's dialogue. I thought the scene where he confronts Bruce was too contrived, pathetic and forced and one of the worst scenes in the film. It's surprising because Caine's by far a better actor than that.
Well, whether or not you think it succeeds I think that is how Nolan clearly was going at it. Alfred always had all the "right" answers, and was full of memorable little words of wisdom and anecdotes that were perfect to the situation, etc. That was one thing that kind of got on my nerves about the movie to be honest. It was as if every conversation Wayne and Alfred had was a variation on that kind of conversation starting from the first film. Wayne says something, Alfred sees something from a completely different, and wiser perspective somehow. Tosses in a little anecdote. Wayne comes away the better man having learned a lesson or whatever. Even after the big blow-up in this film, you got the impression Wayne did learn something important, and ultimately of course he did what Alfred wanted.

Well, whether or not you think it succeeds I think that is how Nolan clearly was going at it. Alfred always had all the "right" answers, and was full of memorable little words of wisdom and anecdotes that were perfect to the situation, etc. That was one thing that kind of got on my nerves about the movie to be honest. It was as if every conversation Wayne and Alfred had was a variation on that kind of conversation starting from the first film. Wayne says something, Alfred sees something from a completely different, and wiser perspective somehow. Tosses in a little anecdote. Wayne comes away the better man having learned a lesson or whatever. Even after the big blow-up in this film, you got the impression Wayne did learn something important, and ultimately of course he did what Alfred wanted.

No doubt, but the dialogue was atrocious. The same point could've been better dealt without having Alfred desperately cry and throw a tacky point about Rachel in Bruce's face. It was one of the many aspects in TDKR that seemed completely out of character.

Almost, but then it turned in to a happy ending :nana:

Although is sad to know that this is the last Nolan's Batman movie. :monkey2

Runs off with a chick that stole from him, caused him to lose all his money and sets him up to get to get beat up and back broken.

Yea, Wayne is one well off fella.

Tear up? No they caused my eyes to roll out of my skull.

:lol Nolan.

I felt the same way LOL. This woman left him for dead, literally. I'd have a hard time getting over that...even if she is that hot. No matter how hot they are, once you get use to something, you just see the bad things in them...like the stealing, bankrupting and murderous tendencies. Can't say Alfred would be happy with his decision but he's probably happy to get rid of the diva drama.

Alfred's excessive blubbering actually made me chuckle. Not to troll, but exploring your sensitive side hasn't worked for anyone except James Taylor in the last 40 years.

I cried... because it was pretty bad for post-TDK Nolan's movie :monkey2

Nearly should be an option on this poll
As I didn't cry but nearly did when Alfred was talking to the graves, if it had lingered and longer I would have! I was welling up !

Come on, I saw the same scene in Forrest Gump!!

Those death scenes with someone breaking down at the grave site really does pull the heart strings. But I know it's coming and acting, so no, I can control myself and just watch it happen lol

But I did shed tears during the Forrest Gump scene. I was alot younger and hey...it was Jenny! And little ol' Forrest Gump was all sads....:monkey2:monkey2

God.... Reading through this thread it's apparent that what I thought would happen... happened.

Nolan fans loved it, and were happy with the ending... People who hate the Nolan fans hate the fans for loving it. The people who get annoyed easily come in to whine about too many threads existing...

Can't the easily annoyed and the people who hate the Nolan Batman films just leave the fanboys to their adoration and not steer each and every thread started about the movie into a back and forth exchange of...

"It sucks!"

"Not uh!!"

"Yeah huh!"

Can't we all just co-exist and not bicker back and forth in each and every thread? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back