DiD Lord of the Rings - wave 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of DiD's planned 2nd wave of LotR figures? I remember it was Saruman and about 3 different orcs.

Perhaps SSC would sublicense out to DiD now that they aren't interested in doing LotR 1/6th?

I would love to see DiD step into more commercial figures... they have more than proven themselves with the military and historical figures. If the likenesses were just a bit better they could be a real contender :lecture

I've never senn Wave 2 figures from DiD...but Saruman and 3x Orcs is exactly what I want!

Please someone post pics if you got 'em.

I would love to convert that Orc head that came with Boromir into a figure, but I don't even know where to begin to find outfit parts for him. I'm not even sure exactly what the Moria orcs wore.

Found them - all post more tonight. Can't say they blow me away, but some of the armor is decent.
did_orc21.jpg

COOL!

I did find a reference in Michael's Review of the original DiD figures:

A second series is planned, which will include Saruman and six different Orcs.

We don't. DID desided not to produce:(. One of the orcs looked like Gothmog.

is this confirmed or am i getting excited for nothing :lol DID have come along way with there millitary figures and if this is happening these should be badass and alot better than sideshows. even though the last ones were poop :lol i have faith :rock saruman looks awesome

is this confirmed or am i getting excited for nothing :lol DID have come along way with there millitary figures and if this is happening these should be badass and alot better than sideshows. even though the last ones were poop :lol i have faith :rock saruman looks awesome

Did you not catch that these were from 2004? And they weren't exactly licensed, at least not properly.

But how can you even begin to start to say that they'd be alot (sic) better than SSC's? DiD hasn't really improved in 4 years whereas Gandalf and the hobbits are many light years beyond DiD's freshman efforts.

Did you not catch that these were from 2004? And they weren't exactly licensed, at least not properly.

:lol yeah, but i thought maybe these were being talked about again and hopefully they are :D DID have come along way since 04 and should branch out into more commercial things. Sideshow should give them the chance to make more lotr stuff again and im sure it would be awesome.

Back