Did anyone get the new 1/18 Hot Wheels 1989 Batmobile...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdk5

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you got this?

MAT14425.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT14425&mode=retail

I think it was released last month...interested in getting one but would love to hear your thoughts before pulling the trigger..

Thanks! Cheers! :)

I have the original one from a few years ago. Didn't know it was being re-released.

yea the previous ones have skyrocketed in price...so it's nice that they've decided to re-release this. Hopefully they'll decide to do the same for the tumbler, cos i'm still regretting the day i shipped it off on ebay :(

It would be cool if someone could post some photos of this new version.. (re released) :)

I like it, I've had it a few weeks. I refuse to pay $600+ for the Hot Toys one, so this is what I decided to get. The details are great, the engine comes out of the front, the guns rotate out on the top, the cockpit opens and has good detail inside. The coloring on the wheels and exhaust are as correct as you can get for a 1/18 scale car. My only issue is the detail on the top mounted guns- there is no detail. It is molded silver plastic, like the Ertl Batmobile model, so those look sort of cheesy, everything else is great though. For $59.99 I'd say definitely pick it up.

Hi guys!

I got this just last Saturday. It's selling like pancakes here, and I was fortunate enough to get the last piece for its SRP (there were 2 more stores with stocks but are already selling it for 50% more of the SRP).

It's a re-release and I have always been frustrated that I missed out on the first 2 (or is it 3?) releases. THE DETAILS ARE AWESOME. Owners of the first release say the difference was the paint, as the first was in MATTE FINISH. The second, they say, was rathr glossy. I think think release was just in-between. It still gives some shine when photographed (see MrArtDept's photos), but you can also see that it has texture.

They say Hot Wheels took liberties of making it a tad smaller than a real 1/18, same with their tumbler batmobile. BUt compared to their tumbler's details, this one is mighty accurate from the real thing.

In short, it's a great piece, and if you still don't have it, get it :)

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll definitely be getting this! Will look nice to my DX 09 :)

It's pretty much sold out everywhere here I think, except on BBTS. Hopefully they don't jack up the prices on these

I hope to get this and the Tumblers! They were going for pretty high price last time I saw them locally.

I've been trying to buy one of these for years now - they've only been released once here in Australia I believe.. & that was about 10 years or so ago. Ebay prices for these are obscene - & I'm not paying those.. :lol

As someone earlier said - THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL PIECES. :rock

I've got a local gifts / collectibles place trying to order me one, but I've not been able to lock one in yet.
My personal saga with this thing has been ongoing.. so frustrating!!! :monkey2

Last edited:
i got mine a couple of weeks ago for HKD400 which is around USD50.00.. I have preordered the 1:6 one but this one is too hard to resist. its a beautiful piece and a lot heavier than i expected...nice display piece with DX Keaton.

I didn't know about this one. I wonder if I should? I mean, I already have these...

1.jpg

021.JPG

So.. here's the million dollar question. We all pull out our Hot Toys and stick them in a display case...
But do you keep something like this "mint in box" or do you display it?

So here is some logic of mine, maybe it could be useful.

I've picked up 2x of those new die-cast 89 cars, for me and my friend. They are pretty cool to display with DX Keaton and Nicholson in some common 1/6 shelf as detolf. Since I'm more about Nolan's movies I've decided that it would be the best way.

I REALLY like first 1989 Tim's film, but huge 1.2 m. bat-mobile with only 2 figures to display - sounds and looks pretty poor to me. I HATE the second movie, btw, it's so odd and silly, almost can't stand it coz of it's plot-holes and oddness. So if you're fan of both Burton's movies - get Hot Toys, you'll get at least 5 figures based on those movies after all (Penguin, Cat and B:R Batman are on the way). Also get HotToys car if you would like to display it with Batman alone in some huge shining case. That's pretty sweet.
If not - get this Hot Wheels, it's quite cool and you'll have no troubles to display it. Like I did. :D

Some thoughts about Nolan's display. Yes, I'm getting almost everything based on this movie from HotToys (I did not picked up only Daemon Batman) and my Tumbler is stored in box now, but I'm going to order two huge org-glass boxes for tank+batman-B:B and pod+all other figures (Ra's, Scarecrow, Dent, 2 Jokers, Cat, Bane, Gordon, Bat-TDK, bat-light). It would cost me around 700$ with lighting system and those boxes gonna be 110x100x60 cm., so I simply have no free place and option to handle both bat-mobiles in my house. Probably I'm going to order those 2 boxes this February.

Still loving 1989 car's design so much! And it's cool if someone can get both cars from HotToys and display them in some appropriate way.

P.S. Where is my 1.000.000 USD for answering your question? :monkey3

Back