1/6 DID A80156 WWII US 29th Infantry Technician – Corporal Upham

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qu Rachel
Admin
· 36 m ·

#Comingsoon...
Are you looking forward to him?

dd.jpg

I hope that they worked on the head sculpt. Went back to view the pics on the first page again and I'm just not liking it. Facepool wins with their version, so far.

I'm curious to see DiD's eventual Wade. Facepool's prototype looks fantastic.

A80156 WWII US 29th Infantry Technician – Corporal Upham

Brief Introduction​

The long-awaited WWII US 29th Infantry Technician – Corporal Upham is finally available for pre-order. He comes with a super realistic headsculpt with expression. You must be looking forward to him for a while!

He wears a M41 field jacket and brown pants, with a shirt and a green sweater vest inside. Leggings covers his legs and the genuine-leather boots are on his foot. The woolen cap and M1 helmet are also prepared for him. You can see an eye-catching 29th infantry division insignia on the helmet.

Upham is equipped with a M1 Garand rifle, which was the primary weapon of the U.S. infantry during WWII. It was recognized as the best rifle of the Second World War since it is reliable, accurate and easy to disassemble and clean.He also comes with a bayonet. In addition, Upham carries a bullet chain that is made up with 80 bullets. With four grenades included as well, the configuration for Upham is perfect.

What’s more, there are many beautifully-made accessories, such as M1928 haversack, M1910 canteen with cover, canteen cup, M1942 first aid pouch, shovel with cover, 6- pocket bandoleer, M1923 10-pocket M1 Garand utility cartridge pouch, watch and dog tags etc. Two US 29th infantry division patches and four US army technician 5th grade rank patches are also included as well.
Upham could be teamed up with the US Rangers team members. That would be spectacular. Don’t miss out of him!

Full Part List​

Base:

1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 Body
3 Open palms x 1 pairs
4 Gun-holding Palms x 1 pairs
Outfits:
5 M1 helmet with inner liner and net cover
6 Woolen cap
7 Shirt
8 M41 Field jacket
9 Pants
10 Green sweater vest
11 Belt
12 Leggings
13 Boots (genuine leather)

Accessories:

14 M1928 haversack
15 M1923 10-Pocket M1 Garand Utility Cartridge Pouch (can be open)
16 6-pocket bandoleer (can be open)
17 M1910 canteen with cover (can be open)
18 Canteen cup
19 M1942 first aid pouch
20 Shovel with cover (can be open)
20 Watch
21 Dog tag x 2
22 Cigarettes x 2 (One complete and one burning)

Weapon:

23 M1 Garand rifle with magazine clip x 3
24 Bayonet with sheath
25 Grenades x 4
26 Bullet chain made up with bullets x 80

Insignia:

27 US 29th Infantry Division patch x 2
28 WWII US Army technician 5th grade rank patch x 4

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg
d5.jpg
d6.jpg
d7.jpg
d8.jpg
d9.jpg
d10.jpg
d11.jpg
d12.jpg
d13.jpg

d23.jpg

d14.jpg
d15.jpg
d16.jpg
d17.jpg
d18.jpg
d19.jpg
d20.jpg
d21.jpg
d22.jpg

d24.jpg
d25.jpg
d26.jpg
d27.jpg
d28.jpg
d29.jpg
d30.jpg

Noooo, I'm so disappointed this looks so bad! the head sculpt looks too manly and thick he looks like a completely different race with a phicen suntan skin tone.

Where is his helmet netting? the two shoulder bags?? and only one of the 30 cal ammo and rifle bandoliers??

It's missing so much of DiD's usual love :cry:

They need to go back and narrow the face and give it Melish's face tone and colors, right now this figure sucks and I'm not waiting for DiDs Wade after this screw up.

People are mad and boxing over in that InArt thread for a perfectly good-looking joker, but I'm pissed about the injustice that they did to poor Upham!
Bro whos that???? That Ain't Upham that's Random 29th ID Gi #67 the Extra
412830-d4.jpeg

I need Upham to look like the whiney boy that he is
62819_0.jpeg

I had to come back and look at DiD's sculpt again. I thought Sgt. Horvath's sculpt was the worst one released so far, but at least that one was still recognizable as the character. This one looks absolutely nothing like Jeremy Davies. Just for starters, Davies has brown eyes and DiD's sculpt has blue eyes.

I agree, terrible attempt at Jeremy Davies but does anyone else see some resemblance to Ronald Speirs (as played by Matthew Settle)? I might try to use the head sculpt for a Speirs to go with my Facebook Winters.

I agree, terrible attempt at Jeremy Davies but does anyone else see some resemblance to Ronald Speirs (as played by Matthew Settle)? I might try to use the head sculpt for a Speirs to go with my Facebook Winters.
Could be used for Spiers, but I would expect a more stoic look.

4ed8d153d3013c66cd3820ec5e521e82.png

After looking at it further, I think you may be onto something. Definitely give him a cigarette and camo paint his face and it may work.

I'll try to pick up a loose sculpt.

After looking at it further, I think you may be onto something. Definitely give him a cigarette and camo paint his face and it may work.

I'll try to pick up a loose sculpt.
Camo and cigarette for sure, and strongly agree on the stoic look. That would've been nice - I mean, the guy didn't even look phased when he was machine gunning prisoners!

I see a nice improvement here. If this is the final product, I'm good with it.

Back