1/6 DID A80156 WWII US 29th Infantry Technician – Corporal Upham

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Production information and photos are in this post:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...er-corporal-upham.246492/page-2#post-10789181
didu.jpeg

Great figure. I remember my school saw the film on a trip back in 98 and screamed at him when he wouldn't help poor Mellish.

Cool that Jeremy Davies went on to play Baldur in God of War.

From the DID Official Private Group (Facebook):

Qu Rachel

Admin
4xpYDl8Bbdc.png

· 1 hr ·

#ACGHK2022# The 7th member of US Rangers team - Upham is coming. Meanwhile, 1/6 Ryan 2.0 finally here. It takes more than 2 years to make the whole team from 0 to 7. If without your support, this series won’t come true and become one of DID’s classic. Thank you so much!

did1.jpg
did2.jpg
did3.jpg
did4.jpg
did5.jpg
did6.jpg
did7.jpg

This set is going to look good. I wish their Horvath was better. This Upham has too many shadows to tell if it's better than FP's. Right now it doesn't look as good as FP's proto, but then FP dropped the ball in production.

This set is going to look good. I wish their Horvath was better. This Upham has too many shadows to tell if it's better than FP's. Right now it doesn't look as good as FP's proto, but then FP dropped the ball in production.

This is DiD's video from the event. Upham appears one minute in, but it's still not a great look at the figure:

I was just about to post the same thing. Could be the shadows but this head sculpt of Upham doesn't look very good. I know it is just one photo but I'm currently feeling good about having the FacePool version.

I'm surprised that they don't have Caparzo in there line-up. I believe that he was the first release in this series.

I don't remember their names, apart from Miller and Ryan.

It's been a while since I saw the film. (The D-Day landing was a window rattler!)

It would have been really cool if they would have posed them together. Yes, where is Caparzo?

This set is going to look good. I wish their Horvath was better.
I don't collect military really, but I have been following these releases just cause they look nice. If I were to buy any of them I would want a Horvath as far and away my favorite character, its a damn shame that that is the one figure that is almost unrecognizable aside from the coat

I don't collect military really, but I have been following these releases just cause they look nice. If I were to buy any of them I would want a Horvath as far and away my favorite character, its a damn shame that that is the one figure that is almost unrecognizable aside from the coat

Yep, the Horvath sculpt has to be the last in faithfully capturing the character. I would say that it looks too young, as well.

Miller has the best sculpt.

It's is a damn fine figure anyway. Open one of these with the real wood rifles and real leather and die-cast parts makes many Hot Toys feel like a 20 dollar barbie.

It's is a damn fine figure anyway. Open one of these with the real wood rifles and real leather and die-cast parts makes many Hot Toys feel like a 20 dollar barbie.

I'm finding WWII figures, DiD in particular, more satisfying than most Hot Toys. They're also the figures I look forward most to receiving.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force with regard to my Star Wars collecting.

I recently dug in 1/6 WW2 figures. I get the same feeling regards the satisfaction they provide. I have 5 of them with a sixth on pre order. Also the historic relevance of them is something a fictional space war can't replicate imo. I have also gotten into the 1/48 hobbymaster warbirds line.

I recently dug in 1/6 WW2 figures. I get the same feeling regards the satisfaction they provide. I have 5 of them with a sixth on pre order. Also the historic relevance of them is something a fictional space war can't replicate imo. I have also gotten into the 1/48 hobbymaster warbirds line.

New figures going up for pre-order prompt me to go digging into the historical background, which sometimes ends up going down a rabbit hole.

Going to keep sticking with 1/6 though.

I'm finding WWII figures, DiD in particular, more satisfying than most Hot Toys. They're also the figures I look forward most to receiving.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force with regard to my Star Wars collecting.
I was just talking to a friend, earlier today, about the very same thing. Aside from the original trilogy in Star Wars, the other figures that I've acquired have been fun but don't have that same lasting impact.

You nailed it. The historic relevance is huge to me. I come from a scale modeling background, in particular, military modeling. 1/48 scaled aircraft and 1/35th scaled military vehicles. Researching prior to a build is half the fun. 1/6 scaled historical figures capture that excitement, as well.

Back