Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon they are more clever than they get credit for, that they came up with so addictive a game even for people who can be so critical about it.
I play with people on a regular basis who seem to live and loathe it in equal measure, lol. But they can't stop playing.

yup, thats it exactly.. :lol

I play with people on a regular basis who seem to live and loathe it in equal measure, lol. But they can't stop playing.

It really is that type of gaming. Its a bad game but its not bad to play. If that makes sense. And having a collecting mentality and wanting to have all the exotics and be maxed out doesn't help.

At this point I've finished the story and gotten my character to level 40, and I haven't gone through the all of the actual new content yet, there's still some missions outside of the story and the new strikes. So far I'd say it's a massive improvement.

is it possible to jump right into the taken king without having played the 1st destiny story. im thinking about getting destiny which is $15.00 on ebay or get the taken king.

You can't get just one or the other, if you want to play The Taken King you have to have the base game. It's worth getting the whole thing that's $60 otherwise it's more expensive to get the expansions afterwards if you decide you like the base game.

You can't get just one or the other, if you want to play The Taken King you have to have the base game. It's worth getting the whole thing that's $60 otherwise it's more expensive to get the expansions afterwards if you decide you like the base game.

cool, thanks for the info.

I have no idea, lol.
I ordered the collectors edition to get the book and the coin, only to have it arrive and be written in the most illegible chicken scratch cursive font i have ever seen and practically unreadable...
Then, popped the game disc in and redeemed the codes for the new content only for my Xbox to ask if i owned a copy of the game. It kept directing me to the live store to purchase TTK. After i refused to pay for it again, it took me to the trial version of the game that allows me to stay in orbit, or go to the tower, not play any missions...
So i find myself £80 poorer, and unable to even play the game as it was yesterday...

I think I had that happen back in May when I bought my digital copy of Destiny on XB1 after playing the trial. I completely uninstalled the trial, reinstalled the game, and it was fine. I think the problem was that the trial copy wouldn't patch itself up to the full game.

Hoping that helps!

I think I had that happen back in May when I bought my digital copy of Destiny on XB1 after playing the trial. I completely uninstalled the trial, reinstalled the game, and it was fine. I think the problem was that the trial copy wouldn't patch itself up to the full game.

Hoping that helps!

Yeah. I got it sorted thankfully.
Levelled my warlock up to forty by playing the new storyline.
Now I just need to do the same for my Titan and hunter.

I played a fair amount of year one destiny, but I started to hate the grind and the boring story. However, I loved Crucible. Can anyone give me a rundown of what's changed? Is it worth the 60$ worth the pick up if you're planning on playing mostly PvP matches?

I played a fair amount of year one destiny, but I started to hate the grind and the boring story. However, I loved Crucible. Can anyone give me a rundown of what's changed? Is it worth the 60$ worth the pick up if you're planning on playing mostly PvP matches?

If you plan on just playing PVP, just download the update, lol.
The game is now quest based. Where before you played each mission and then went to the next, or did bounties or strikes, now the main game has a quest to everything.
Do a level, go back to the tower to get the next step. Then go do the next step and come back for a reward to get the next step.
New weapons, new quests, new sub classes. It's worth getting the game and levelling up. If you don't, you'll get your ass kicked.

ok so i just got this game and have a question, which class is best for someone who's new to the game? i downloaded the trial version and started out with the hunter which reached lvl5 but i was wondering if titan was better for my first run.

ok so i just got this game and have a question, which class is best for someone who's new to the game? i downloaded the trial version and started out with the hunter which reached lvl5 but i was wondering if titan was better for my first run.

I prefer the bladedancer sublcass of the Hunter. Although the jump isn't as good, the invisibility is handy.
Titan is the "Master Chief" of the series, and Warlock is the Jedi Master(Especially with the new "force lightning" in the new sub class).

Each has serious strengths(The ability to resurrect with the Warlock is very handy, especially in Nightfalls), but it's all about what you prefer.
I have all three characters, and would never stick to just one.
In my opinion(and with the very welcome advice from Rory and others in this thread), start all three, and get to levelling them all up.
It will be a real grind though. Just remember that you can use your motes of light to level your characters and weapons up now.

I prefer the bladedancer sublcass of the Hunter. Although the jump isn't as good, the invisibility is handy.
Titan is the "Master Chief" of the series, and Warlock is the Jedi Master(Especially with the new "force lightning" in the new sub class).

Each has serious strengths(The ability to resurrect with the Warlock is very handy, especially in Nightfalls), but it's all about what you prefer.
I have all three characters, and would never stick to just one.
In my opinion(and with the very welcome advice from Rory and others in this thread), start all three, and get to levelling them all up.
It will be a real grind though. Just remember that you can use your motes of light to level your characters and weapons up now.

thank you User, that was really helpful. i think i'll start off with the titan and see if i can level both, the titan and hunter at the same time, i'll wait a bit for warlock or just see where the game takes me. thanks again buddy.

thank you User, that was really helpful. i think i'll start off with the titan and see if i can level both, the titan and hunter at the same time, i'll wait a bit for warlock or just see where the game takes me. thanks again buddy.

No worries. Striker on Titan is a handy subclass and can get you out of tight spots.
Are you playing on Xbox One?

I just picked up the Destiny PS4 console bundle w/ the exclusive white PS4 and game. Thoughts on this game? I haven't played it. I was going to wait and get the Darth Vader Battlefront PS4 bundle, but I didn't feel like waiting until November as there are other titles I want to play.

I just picked up the Destiny PS4 console bundle w/ the exclusive white PS4 and game. Thoughts on this game? I haven't played it. I was going to wait and get the Darth Vader Battlefront PS4 bundle, but I didn't feel like waiting until November as there are other titles I want to play.

It's a good game, but be prepared to have to grind to get the most out of it.

i'm on ps4. are you on xb1?
Yeah.

I am on Xbox One.
It was just in case you needed a hand duo-ing the levels to level up faster.
I have been helping out a fellow clan mate level up a new Warlock. He is the party leader in missions. He sets the toughest mission level he can, and i go in with a level 40 character of mine, blazing the trail and at the end of the mission, he gets the enhanced XP points, even if all he did was stay out of harms way behind me while i did most of the killing. We got him from Level 1 to Level 12 in a single game session of maybe three hours playing the story missions in order.
It's handier starting at the bottom as you can level up your subclasses as you go.

Back