Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...

You guys thought this was an exercise in making a product and giving it away for free???

They have bankrolled a $500 million game and need to pay that cost by us sending them cash every six months. The more, the better for them.
Destiny has cost me £131.98($206.97) in the last six weeks(A copy for my XBOX One, £19, a copy for my 360, £19, another 360 copy for my Brother so he can play with me, £19, £39.99 for a Gold Live subscription and £34.99 for the DLC Of The Dark Below and House Of Wolves).
Not an inconsequential amount of cash for just a game. But i regularly spend more on dollies...
And of course, i am going to have to get the super duper bells and whistles new version of the Taken King.
I'd like to sit that strange coin on my desk at work next to my two NASA coins that have been in space.
I reckon it's worth the cost of the updates, and haven't looked forward to a game this much since The Force Unleashed 2.

Being able to pay that much isn't really an issue, but it's not actually that valuable. In a year they've got $80 of stuff, there's no way a developer made $80 worth of stuff in a year. At best it's worth half what they're charging, and that they're trying to squeeze so much out of people is why I don't want to support that. In the original game we got 4 planets for $60, for $80 we get one.

The stuff with the collectors edition is a problem because it's targeted toward the people who have already been playing the game, yet it includes a bunch of content that fans would have already owned. They should have charged $40 for the collectors edition which would be for people that have everything already, and then $60 for all of the content for new players, and then $80 for all of the content plus the extra content of the collectors edition.

So...

You guys thought this was an exercise in making a product and giving it away for free???

They have bankrolled a $500 million game and need to pay that cost by us sending them cash every six months. The more, the better for them.
Destiny has cost me £131.98($206.97) in the last six weeks(A copy for my XBOX One, £19, a copy for my 360, £19, another 360 copy for my Brother so he can play with me, £19, £39.99 for a Gold Live subscription and £34.99 for the DLC Of The Dark Below and House Of Wolves).
Not an inconsequential amount of cash for just a game. But i regularly spend more on dollies...
And of course, i am going to have to get the super duper bells and whistles new version of the Taken King.
I'd like to sit that strange coin on my desk at work next to my two NASA coins that have been in space.
I reckon it's worth the cost of the updates, and haven't looked forward to a game this much since The Force Unleashed 2.

The 500 million was for 10 years, thats not what they spent on game 1...

Destiny is very close to losing my play time, arkham knight is out so thats a few weeks gone, and when metal gear comes? Game over man, all this weeks controversy is just making it easier, what a joke bungie vision has become, theres literally nothing more to do in the game until september, ive done everything, sucks

The 500 million was for 10 years, thats not what they spent on game 1...

I know that. That's why they need to keep bringing in the green.

The issue with Force Unleashed II was that it was less than 4 hours long, and what was there wasn't as good as the first game, in story and gameplay.

But, the first game had ten short missions(And each place, you went back to again later). The second one had five long missions. Each one staying in each place a lot longer than the first game did, and never going back to it.
It seemed like a shorter game. Especially as there wasn't as much levelling up in the second game. You were fairly strong to begin with, unlike the low powers you had to begin with in the first one.

These days devs know they just have to make a almost passable amount of content for a base game... then charge twice as much for expansions/dlc that have a fraction of the content. It's easier than making another full game for the same price.

After that, you make a "complete/goty edition".

After that you make a remaster.

Maybe another remaster after that remaster.

Such a good era in gaming.

I don't know if you guys seen this but Bungie is listening to many of us.
b3658a87a8ee2286a1e9a2d67476366e.jpg

I don't know if you guys seen this but Bungie is listening to many of us.
b3658a87a8ee2286a1e9a2d67476366e.jpg

"listening" by implementing macro transactions on cosmetics... $20 for a dance moves, shader and class item is daylight robbery, $20 was how much dark below and house cost... Let that sink in

"listening" by implementing macro transactions on cosmetics... $20 for a dance moves, shader and class item is daylight robbery, $20 was how much dark below and house cost... Let that sink in

I'm was just throwing it out there i been soaking it all in. I am slowly loosing interest in this next dlc. I really don't like the idea of giving new players XP bonuses gear and they get to pay less for everything. Also having to buy red bull to be able to play that exclusive mission kinda blows.

Back