Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. How did you manage to quit?
i want to quit too, but I enjoy it too much.

I was getting through Iron Banner, had almost got my characters levelled up and I had an epiphany. Why am I doing this? I have all the guns pretty much, for a new cloak or something? I've been playing everyday for most of a year. You are still in the honeymoon period, it becomes a highly addictive grind, where you feel the need to play that same level over and over to get that new shader, that gun, or whatever. It just starts to take over your week.

Waiting for Xur on friday. Getting coins from the weekly, soloing the nightfalls yada yada...

I took the disc out and shut down the system. It was genuinely super hard to do. And I'm still checking the four every second day to see what's happening.
I'm telling ya, it's designed to be addictive.

:lol

I was getting through Iron Banner, had almost got my characters levelled up and I had an epiphany. Why am I doing this? I have all the guns pretty much, for a new cloak or something? I've been playing everyday for most of a year. You are still in the honeymoon period, it becomes a highly addictive grind, where you feel the need to play that same level over and over to get that new shader, that gun, or whatever. It just starts to take over your week.

Waiting for Xur on friday. Getting coins from the weekly, soloing the nightfalls yada yada...

I took the disc out and shut down the system. It was genuinely super hard to do. And I'm still checking the four every second day to see what's happening.
I'm telling ya, it's designed to be addictive.

:lol

Of course.
I understand that. I am hooked myself, but in a different way. I am enjoying stacking up coins and new weapons, but i don't have any need to play with people other than on strikes. To be honest, i have only played one crucible match. It was some kind of a capture the flag type deal. Where you had to prime a generator or something. And defend it. I was only there because a live friend invited me to the match and i quit out right after it finished. I really prefer working for bounties or doing the game levels. I need something more than running round one map *trying* to kill guys who are way more competitive than i am, lol(And who usually turn out to be in primary school). I was doing a loot farming exercise yesterday with a dude in cosmodrome(the building in the centre when you first spawn where the fallen spill out from). I was outside clearing the landing fallen(Which stop the building fallen from spawning), and the dude i was playing with was down below taking out the spawning fallen. After about an hour, the kid came over the speakers on my tv(A friend had joined him and asked if he wanted to do something else), he said yeah, and left, but he sounded about 10 years old, lol.
Made me feel old...

I know exactly what you mean, I'm not into the PVP part of the game either. It kinda forces you to do it though to progress with this new DLC which was one of the things that maybe made me quit. Don't get me wrong it's probably my favourite game ever, certainly the most played since I was a kid.

While it's enjoyable it really is top notch. Who knows I may come back to it down the line.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm not into the PVP part of the game either. It kinda forces you to do it though to progress with this new DLC which was one of the things that maybe made me quit. Don't get me wrong it's probably my favourite game ever, certainly the most played since I was a kid.

Yeah. I have never felt the need to compete with people on games. There will always be someone better than you, and who will take it more seriously. Which takes a little of the fun out of it for me.

While it's enjoyable it really is top notch. Who knows I may come back to it down the line.

It's certainly true that when something is more work than fun, you need to step back. Especially when you are supposed to be having fun doing it.
Give it a rest, and when you're ready, come back fresh when you want to enjoy it again.
Tomorrow, then?
:wink1:

Looks like you chose the wrong time to stop sniffing glue.

sniffingglue6qb.jpg

I quit playing last week after nearly a year (since alpha and beta versions) it had become too time consuming and completely addictive.
I miss it though. :lol

Your not alone man! I have almost every exotic in game, only missing Truth-Super good advice-Lord of Wolves. But then it hits me why am I still grinding the raids even tho I have all the weapons. Sometimes I would log in just to run around the tower. I been wanting to do so many things but Destiny has taken over. Hopefully with Batman Arkham knight releasing I can slow down or maybe quit it.

Last edited:

Anyone else excited for the new Expansion? I really hate the idea if you want to buy the collectors editions that you have to pay for Destiny game and the other 2 expansions we already have. Wished they let us players that already have the expansions to be able to buy a collectors edition with TTK only.

Back