depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always been of the opinion that anything posted on the internet will leave one open to ridicule. Still, I hope your situation improves.

when you lose a loved one, there's a hole in your life that's hard to fill. but time will eventually fill it. i actually have been thinking lately of dad in happier times as opposed to the way he looked on his deathbed, which is an image hard to shake. the better days remembrance makes me feel better and helps fill that void. thanks for the kind words.

no one said or claimed it was, you're way off. people are smart enough to know that if you're really troubled and can't overcome something, then professional help is what's required. but sometimes people just want to talk about something, get it out in the open, especially to someone they don't know as not to be judged. any more taken from that is over thinking it. maybe something can be done about the immature posters that are making fun of the genuine people posting? oh, i forgot...'the sandbox' leaves us open to ridicule. carry on mate.

The ignore button is there for your enjoyment.

While the ignore button is a good idea I also think some people need to sit back and not judge so crucially. I mean really you don't like the thread just ignore it yourself. Being a multi subject community now it suprises me anyone would really ***** about this. Actually nevermind, it doesn't suprise me. I mean have you seen some of the threads on here :lol
Sideshow freaks has become more than just a collecting forum but I am not sure if thats good or bad.

While the ignore button is a good idea I also think some people need to sit back and not judge so crucially. I mean really you don't like the thread just ignore it yourself. Being a multi subject community now it suprises me anyone would really ***** about this. Actually nevermind, it doesn't suprise me. I mean have you seen some of the threads on here :lol
Sideshow freaks has become more than just a collecting forum but I am not sure if thats good or bad.

the way i see it, don't offer the sub forum if you don't want people posting about the subject. as far as 'the sandbox', i never saw the warnings about monsters. i know about them now. :lol

when you lose a loved one, there's a hole in your life that's hard to fill. but time will eventually fill it. i actually have been thinking lately of dad in happier times as opposed to the way he looked on his deathbed, which is an image hard to shake. the better days remembrance makes me feel better and helps fill that void. thanks for the kind words.

I'm sorry about your dad. I lost mine when I was 18, and I could not visit him on his deathbed. Kind of for the same reason you mentioned. I wanted to remember something better, but also, he was a very bad alcoholic and I was very angry with him.

I had depression for a good while when I was younger. People tend to think it's a weakness and that we are feeling sorry for ourselves but it's not. it's an empty feeling, and you just don't have the will to go out and do everyday things.

I'm sorry about your dad. I lost mine when I was 18, and I could not visit him on his deathbed. Kind of for the same reason you mentioned. I wanted to remember something better, but also, he was a very bad alcoholic and I was very angry with him.

I had depression for a good while when I was younger. People tend to think it's a weakness and that we are feeling sorry for ourselves but it's not. it's an empty feeling, and you just don't have the will to go out and do everyday things.

thank you. i know dad wouldn't want people thinking about him in a sad way. i actually have been thinking when he got in a fight with an umpire at my little league baseball game. funny stuff and turned my dad into a legend at school. :lol

thank you. i know dad wouldn't want people thinking about him in a sad way. i actually have been thinking when he got in a fight with an umpire at my little league baseball game. funny stuff and turned my dad into a legend at school. :lol

There you go. I didn't have many happy memories of mine, but a couple. The other thing that makes a dad legend is if they bring a ton of pizza to school during class.

Dad's over rated. I have a dad but he's never there. I know where he live, even now, but I might as well be adopted. Sure it would be idealistic if we all have a great dad but life ain't perfect. I was raised in the ghetto and I learn just about everything on my own. Kick depression on the ***.

Dad's over rated. I have a dad but he's never there. I know where he live, even now, but I might as well be adopted. Sure it would be idealistic if we all have a great dad but life ain't perfect. I was raised in the ghetto and I learn just about everything on my own. Kick depression on the ***.

Yeah, I'm glad I did a number of things on my own. You learn real quick.

I refuse to speak with my dad. He's an alcoholic, and I told him he needed to make a choice on what's more important to him. Well, that was 8 years ago and I haven't had contact with him other than B-Day and Xmas cards since. My grandfather was more of a father to me than my father was.

I refuse to speak with my dad. He's an alcoholic, and I told him he needed to make a choice on what's more important to him. Well, that was 8 years ago and I haven't had contact with him other than B-Day and Xmas cards since. My grandfather was more of a father to me than my father was.

That's a damn shame, sorry. Yeah, my father didn't stop either.

sorry to hear that. well you know you always have your brothers here if you ever need to talk about things. :1-1:

Back