Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna watch it. Saw on Gamefaqs that Kojima fans are doing their usual “in depth” analysis. Kojima thinks he could do no wrong and that’s how every artist falls.

Couldn’t finish watching, got bored of all that nonsense. Why does he need to make things so weird?

Stop being hater. It's too deep for you! #****konami

Not gonna watch it. Saw on Gamefaqs that Kojima fans are doing their usual “in depth” analysis. Kojima thinks he could do no wrong and that’s how every artist falls.

Of course they are, but it's nice to see some people in there are getting woke. The ones that aren't all gladly line up and tongue his ****. IIRC I believe the Japanese have to retire young by western standards. If that goes for Sony employees as well, he's got maybe one more game in him.

Another trailer that tells you nothing, again.

I will admit though, at least I'm kinda interested in it. But the company that the game has and the """hype""" and fandom around it still makes me jaded. I'll fully admit that.

Another trailer that tells you nothing, again.
Hey now, that's not true, the trailers are loaded, I appreciate that Kojima is introducing gamers to imagery, something even most moviegoers don't give a **** about, the games that do that are too few and far between.

I also appreciate that it's a hard to crack, if it doesn't live up to it, it will be disappointing for sure, I haven't dove into this new trailer completely but I can already see some meaningful bits, for instance the cuffs, they're your health bar, also there will be some kind of stealth, also, and it looks like the death mechanics will trigger a sort of teleportation to another reality.

It's nice that there's something you can bite down on.

I agree that the fanbase is retarded, but there's legitimately good theorizing and analyzing surrounding the trailers by people that are far more critical thinking than the average kojibro.

Also, Kojima's rockstar demeanor rubs me the wrong way, it seems like he's a smart guy, and for a smart guy he behaves like a total frat boy, he behaves like anime characters think american rockstars behave, which pretty out of date.

Hey now, that's not true, the trailers are loaded, I appreciate that Kojima is introducing gamers to imagery, something even most moviegoers don't give a **** about, the games that do that are too few and far between.

I also appreciate that it's a hard to crack, if it doesn't live up to it, it will be disappointing for sure, I haven't dove into this new trailer completely but I can already see some meaningful bits, for instance the cuffs, they're your health bar, also there will be some kind of stealth, also, and it looks like the death mechanics will trigger a sort of teleportation to another reality.

It's nice that there's something you can bite down on.

I agree that the fanbase is retarded, but there's legitimately good theorizing and analyzing surrounding the trailers by people that are far more critical thinking than the average kojibro.

Also, Kojima's rockstar demeanor rubs me the wrong way, it seems like he's a smart guy, and for a smart guy he behaves like a total frat boy, he behaves like anime characters think american rockstars behave, which pretty out of date.

There's definitely interesting imagery, with the giant floating dude with the head explosion (WTF?)

It's just there's so much other baggage that comes along with him and his projects that I can't help but roll my eyes at it. Not to mention, I cannot stomach Reedus.

I've really been thrown into a quagmire with Kojima after Phantom Peen.

It is weird that in an age when cynicism is so trendy, and fans will turn on you in a second, Kojima still commands such unyielding respect.

Very few people actually question his stuff, since it's hard to question, because people don't have a full grasp of what he's doing, even MGS5, I don't think people have fully figured it out yet.

Die Hard Kojibros treat dissenting opinions like climate change deniers. It's become extremely tiring reading comment after comment how he can do no wrong, MGSV was flawless etc etc. Like, c'mon already. Be real with yourself. They can't look at anything critically. There's plenty of wrong in the games I love that he's done in the past.

I really look forward to the day that he's no longer above scrutiny, but currently they can't line up fast enough to suck his little ****.

Being a "hater" is definitely a trend nowadays... but that's not my MO. I went into his last project with an open mind, even with all my bashing of it prior to release... I'm just done with it now. I used to get SO EXCITED for his games after trailers. Now? I just get ogeda when I go on social media.

I doubt it's Silent Hills. I know Kojima likes smoke and mirrors, but even this is too much at this point. I'm interested in the concept of this game...but I'd like to get a glimpse of whats behind the veil of Lynchian wankery first to see if there's actually something there.

I wonder how the Tumblr crowd is going to react to the idea that men can carry babies now :lol

I hope for the guys that are looking forward to it that it's not a convoluted mess. Just be profound, that's all you need to do.

But given the last trailers, it's just going to be weird. Whether that's good or bad, remains to be seen.

I for one still don't think Kojima is straight. It doesn't mean anything to me either way (let adults do what they want) but given his in transition look and you've never seen his family or even him even talk about him that I know of leads me to that conclusion.

I hope for the guys that are looking forward to it that it's not a convoluted mess. Just be profound, that's all you need to do.

But given the last trailers, it's just going to be weird. Whether that's good or bad, remains to be seen.

I’m for weird. I just hope it has meaning and not Kojima just ********ting then sitting back watching us all go “wtf?!” While he chuckles to himself thinking “i’m so genius”.

Thank you for ruining it for me.

But Kojima isn't a known progressive, Quiet is still gloriously fresh in the collective mind.

That’s why im interested in the reaction :lol

I do respect Kojima in his “i do what i want” attitude sometimes. I’m very hypocritical :lol

I’m for weird. I just hope it has meaning and not Kojima just ********ting then sitting back watching us all go “wtf?!” While he chuckles to himself thinking “i’m so genius”.

That’s why im interested in the reaction :lol

I do respect Kojima in his “i do what i want” attitude sometimes. I’m very hypocritical :lol

His ego drives me nuts, because it isn't warranted. He hasn't brought forth anything that changed the industry, not anymore. MGS2 changed the game to be sure, but he's done nothing since then I believe broke boundaries.

I for one still don't think Kojima is straight. It doesn't mean anything to me either way (let adults do what they want) but given his in transition look and you've never seen his family or even him even talk about him that I know of leads me to that conclusion.

I think all the crotch grabbing in MGS confirms that notion. :lol

His ego drives me nuts, because it isn't warranted. He hasn't brought forth anything that changed the industry, not anymore. MGS2 changed the game to be sure, but he's done nothing since then I believe broke boundaries.

Yeah. He’s stagnated pretty heavily when it comes to game innovations. I think I remember an interview with him where he actually gave recognition to GTAV with it’s three person swap mechanic. He loved it, wished he came up with it and doubted himself with MGSV for a bit. That’s maybe the one time (recentlyish) i’ve seen his ego crack.

Back