Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was it in TTS? I forget.

In the original, isn't it "it feels... nice"?

In TS he says "strange...such a nostalgic feeling"

:dunno

If there's a decent reason for the change, I'd be interested...something like that's closer to the original japanese script...but to me it's a fourth wall breaking moment where that's supposed to give a chuckle to the people who've played the original. I hate it. It ruined Psycho Mantis' last bit of character development.

Every dialogue change in TTS was a 1:1 translation of Kojima's script. Originally, Jeremy Blaustein changed some of them to make the script work in English, hence why MGS1's dialogue was great. Kojima later found out from a Konami employee and was furious, saying he doesn't want anyone tampering with even one word of his script and had Blaustein fired, thus TTS used Kojima's original writing.

There's a Codec scene with Otacon in MGS1 where Snake fights Rex, and Otacon tells Snake about destroying the radome. "You intentionally designed it with a weak point?" Asked Snake. "It's not a weak point, I prefer to think of it as a "character flaw". In TTS, Otacon replied "It's not a weak point, it's a weakness". Good lord.

Every dialogue change in TTS was a 1:1 translation of Kojima's script. Originally, Jeremy Blaustein changed some of them to make the script work in English, hence why MGS1's dialogue was great. Kojima later found out from a Konami employee and was furious, saying he doesn't want anyone tampering with even one word of his script and had Blaustein fired, thus TTS used Kojima's original writing.

There's a Codec scene with Otacon in MGS1 where Snake fights Rex, and Otacon tells Snake about destroying the radome. "You intentionally designed it with a weak point?" Asked Snake. "It's not a weak point, I prefer to think of it as a "character flaw". In TTS, Otacon replied "It's not a weak point, it's a weakness". Good lord.

So Psycho Mantis genuinely has a nostalgic feeling about helping someone...even though he JUST said it's the first time?... Kojima Sensei is masterful genius

So Psycho Mantis genuinely has a nostalgic feeling about helping someone...even though he JUST said it's the first time?... Kojima Sensei is masterful genius

the line probably carried more meaning in the original Japanese and didn't translate well to English, but Kojima decided he could do a better job than an actual translator and demanded it stay in his translated version.

Damn this seems soo interesting!

I feel Kojima is free to do anything he wants now he has the budget and time he needs to complete his story.

And the concept seems so unique. In fully on the hype train

I had never seen such in depth discussion of a game or movie with so little, yet very cohesive and structured, the subreddit is a fantastic read, I never thought I'd say that about leddit, I wouldn't be surprised if they figure out the game or get very close to the concept, I saw some things on my own in the trailer, and got them confirmed in the subreddit, plust a ton more stuff I didn't even imagine.

And it's too well backed up for most of it to not be correct, conspiracy theories aside, plot alone.

For anyone else wondering what the hell was up in that trailer:

https://www.destructoid.com/kojima-makes-sense-of-the-new-death-stranding-trailer-477394.phtml

"Death will never pull you out of the game," he says, noting that the surreal underwater sequence from the latest trailer is where players go when they die. While here, you'll be able to explore outside of your body from a first-person perspective. "At that point, you're not dead or alive. It's the equivalent of that screen that says 'Continue?' and a counter ticking down towards zero."

Hopefully we get an actual look at game play soon!

The one thing I don't like about Kojima I'm recent years Is his incessant teasing!

I like how Rockstar do things. Announcement > release in a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWb_U2dVQAAH2_F.jpg

Hopefully we get an actual look at game play soon!

The one thing I don't like about Kojima I'm recent years Is his incessant teasing!

I like how Rockstar do things. Announcement > release in a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't rockstar announce gta v in 2011 and release it in 2013 ? And i thought rdr 2 was announced oct 2016 and is coming out oct this year

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well actually maybe not from an official announcement as in first screenshot reveal or whatever but R* as soon as they release a reveal trailer, game comes out in about 6 months or so.

Well actually maybe not from an official announcement as in first screenshot reveal or whatever but R* as soon as they release a reveal trailer, game comes out in about 6 months or so.
The dates im referring to are the first reveal trailer's gtav was Nov 2011 and rdr2 was Oct 2016.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Back