Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all the crotch grabbing in MGS confirms that notion. :lol

Yeah. He’s stagnated pretty heavily when it comes to game innovations. I think I remember an interview with him where he actually gave recognition to GTAV with it’s three person swap mechanic. He loved it, wished he came up with it and doubted himself with MGSV for a bit. That’s maybe the one time (recentlyish) i’ve seen his ego crack.

I remember him being depressed or whatever about GTA as well. And given the litterbox we played in MGSV, I see why :lol

How could I forget the crotch grabbing :lol

I don't think anyone has done anything that changed the industry anymore after those times.

Not Valve, nor Kojima, nor anyone else.

I doubt there's anything they can do to disrupt the industry anymore, they can only keep pumping up the tech specs, maybe VR? But the fundamentals are the same.

That's actually incorrect, but it's only a minor innovation that EVERY action game emulated.

Resident Evil 4's over the shoulder. How many games are using that now?

MGS2 brought Hollywood to gaming, in the best execution possible.

Beyond that and RE4? I really can't think of anything that truly broke the mold. Games get bigger and ambitious, but nothing sticks out that is legendary.

I remember him being depressed or whatever about GTA as well. And given the litterbox we played in MGSV, I see why :lol

How could I forget the crotch grabbing :lol

It's burned into my memory :lol

I don't think anyone has done anything that changed the industry anymore after those times.

Not Valve, nor Kojima, nor anyone else.

I doubt there's anything they can do to disrupt the industry anymore, they can only keep pumping up the tech specs, maybe VR? But the fundamentals are the same.

Maybe not the industry, but you can innovate within the genre. Speaking back to the GTAV swap mechanic, Sure it's a pretty simple idea that's been implemented before in games. Play any of the Destiny Warriors games and that's clear, but it's pretty innovative within the sandbox genre.

Kojima is just too focused on his "philosophy" which causes the gameplay to suffer.

David Cage's games are innovative... but damn are they awful.

Supermassive Games took his genre and outdid his entire gameography with one game :lol

I don't mind Kojima being eccentric, it's just that all of his works in the past 10 years NEVER lived up to the hype, or heck- even his own promises. Remember when he promised that MGS4 would be so realistic, that grass would regrow if you re-visit the Battlefield? Or that you could manipulate allegiances to your benefit?

How about in MGSV we he promised something so "taboo", he would "leave the industry" if he fails. Or that nonsense about the justification of Quiet. Or that Ground Zeroes would have a link with TPP in a way "never been done in gaming" (or was he talking about the $40 pricing?) The list goes on.

Fact of the matter is, Kojima can behave anyway he wants. It doesn't matter so long as his work lives up to his over-ambitious goals. Instead of letting the quality of his speak for themselves like MGS1, 2 and maybe 3, modern-day Kojima lets fans shield him from any sort of constructive criticism. Remember, this is the same man that had to apologize for MGS2, but never owned up to all the BS in MGSV.

That's actually incorrect, but it's only a minor innovation that EVERY action game emulated.
Sure, there are a couple new mechanics and gimmincks here and there, but it's still a third person game in its core.

I would argue that F2P and micro transactions also broke the industry, for the worse.

Hasn't the last few main titles he's done for MGS take five years at least? We'll never truly know what went on with MGSV's production, other than Kojima was intentionally slowing it down according to the one composer. But all that time, and it feels completely contentless.

He needs to aim lower. That taboo crap was completely laughable. Nothing in MGSV made me bat an eye.

Hasn't the last few main titles he's done for MGS take five years at least? We'll never truly know what went on with MGSV's production, other than Kojima was intentionally slowing it down according to the one composer. But all that time, and it feels completely contentless.

He needs to aim lower. That taboo crap was completely laughable. Nothing in MGSV made me bat an eye.

I did enjoy punching the little african children though :lol

I think fans are quick to blame Konami over "perceived flaws" MGSV had, mostly about Chapter 3. You have to understand, that's not how an "incomplete game" works. If a game is truly incomplete and had meddling from the higher ups, it would have been riddled with bugs and would lack optimization, but MGSV like any other MGS, barely had any technical issues. Cut content is not the same as incomplete. The entire MGS series had tons of cut content, as so far as even having English voices already recorded. Movies have tons of cut content all the time. Escape from New York had a whole sequence of Snake escaping a robbery, for example.

MGSV's story was flawed at conception, with or without cut content or any sort of meddling. Let's hope for his sake, the same doesn't happen with this game.

I just want the MGS Collection to be ported on the Switch, damn it!

As bad as it was, I wouldn't mind 5 being ported either.

Even with the lazy acting and **** cutscenes... refine the controller for PS4 and remove the awful choices of music in place of the PS1 tracks and you got a winner.

I love Twin Snakes. It was my first experience with the original game (I didn't own a PS1) so it's special to me.

I acknowledge and understand the criticisms it receives, though.

Back