DEADFEST 2007 (2nd SSF Custom Challenge) Images and Responses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DEADFEST 2007 RESPONSE THREAD - 2nd SSF Custom Challenge

Next up is a twisted and evil Christmas.

Twisted and Evil Christmas...that's not bad.

Let's let the dust settle on this one for a few days, and we can start a process for the next challenge again. I am bushed trying to get this one all done. :D

This challenge process WILL continue I hope.

I really enjoyed myself looking at these sweet zombie customs.

Good job everbody.

But if had a gold star to give I would give my vote to Saintsyn, not only for the quantity (my god man where did you find the time to do all those) but the details and variety in each of them.

:D

Everyone really stepped up to the plate this year, I think. It's sad that Mikey hasn't popped in with an entry, or at least let us know what the Heck is going on... but what can you do?

I really did love every single entry though, very well done guys!!

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I agree with the above comments. Outstanding work, people! Kudos to Les for starting the thread and for all the nice comments!

I just want to thank everyone here for the comments and just let you guys know that I had a blast working on these.... we'll have to do it again next year!!:D

This was definitely a lot of fun. Its things like this that really bring this whacked little community together.

In a morbid sort of way.

SS, I have to say that your work exudes an absolute passion for gore and death, and I mean that as a compliment.

Sorry guys, haven't had as much time to hang around here as much as I'd like lately, but just wanted to say great job everyone - really ghastly stuff! It was fun!

cheers,
Rob

Re: DEADFEST 2007 IMAGE THREAD - 2nd SSF Custom Challenge

my very first attempt...ill post more pics when im done..

DSCN2107.jpg

DSCN2111.jpg

DSCN2114.jpg

Last edited:

I'm really proud of all of the people who came in and put their stuff up here. We had a great variety of custom figures, both from existing properties and from the creative void.

It really was a blast seeing all of Syn's work, Les insane Luke and caller. KeninMI's great Dawn and Day of the Dead figures (still amazing that they were made out of the same Art Buck), Anzik's Die-o-rama :)lol), Die's amazing Parker and survivor, Dr T and his absolutely insane Vamp, Kuzeh and MoC's efforts as well....

And all of the dead repaints, P!tu!!!, Metaphorge (BIG props for the PX), Hydrobud and Buttmunch for outstanding efforts. You guys rule!!

I just wanted to thank everyone for participating and for giving it your all. I would have liked a larger turnout, but maybe the next challenge will. Who knows? Spooktacular kinda stole our thunder this year. :lol

To the next challenge.... and to my fellow Customizers on this board...:duff

Concur! :duff

Hey, Hydrobud, rockin work! :rock
And Metap, love that shot. I swear, they look REAL in that shot!

Its going to be sad watching these threads drop to the bottom and then off the page. This was just so much fun.
Oh well maybe once my Subject 5 arrives I will set up some Dead Thanksgiving pics.

Concur! :duff

Hey, Hydrobud, rockin work! :rock
And Metap, love that shot. I swear, they look REAL in that shot!

thanks les..that means alot coming from the Master himself...:rock
:rock

You're most welcome Hydro! :rock
Thanks for contributing!

Its going to be sad watching these threads drop to the bottom and then off the page. This was just so much fun.

Yeah, MODS! :monkey3 Help!!!
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Friend? Stickies?

Great job on these everyone, been looking throught these over the weekend and they are all fantastic. How you guys made some of these is beyond me.

Shame mine turned out bad but i will be in the next challenge.

Bump to keep these in view a bit longer...

Look for the 3rd Challenge idea thread soon!

I’d like to preface this post by mentioning that I know next to nothing about customizing. I am a just an amazed spectator wanting to acknowledge and thank everyone for sharing their custom work. I lurked through the first contest without posting to the thread but I can’t sit idly by again and not contribute to the acknowledgement of the fine workmanship you all displayed.

Les’ Evil Sith Zombie Luke gave me the creeps. I just love the dramatic creases on his face and the spooky Sith eyes. The Undead Caller (AKA: Undead Businessman) is a unique and creative use of an iconic figure. It gave me a quite a laugh.

Pitu did a great job making The Dead actually look freshly dead. I love the additional blood on these figures. Now we all know how the Dead should truly look.

Saintsyn’s Subject 187, 640, 684, 687, 701, 711, 890, 914, 1069, 1150 and 1201 ROCK big time! I like that you numbered them (establishing them as a collective set) and at the same time, making them all unique. Your photos alone told the story for each figure. You’re unbelievably creative to come up with so many zombies.

DarkArtist81 not only had great custom figures but interesting backgrounds to go along with each figure. The exposed brain on the Marvel Colonel is gruesomely disturbing. I love the fact that you brought us a female zombie, Nude Nell. She gave me the chills…. Actually, she seems to have the chills. What can I say about S.W.A.T. Sam…. He’s awesome! So awesome I had to buy him. Thank you so much for giving us Freaks the opportunity to purchase your zombies before you took them to the bay. It was a toss up between Sam and Jawless Jim. I wanted them both but could only get one. I love the hideous hanging head. His eye-level seems to make for a perfect mate with Nude Nell.

KeninMI’s Airport/Plaid Shirt Zombie looks like he fell and died on a bed of nails. Cool puncture wounds! Dr. Tongue looks realistically possible. I love the age spots on his hands and the protruding veins on his head.

Murderofcrows71’s Tarman looks totally gooey! I love his facial expression—he seems to be happy he’s dead. He probably is considering what he may have encountered in that trash return.

Die, how dare you kill Spiderman! But then again, he’ll live DEAD forever. I love the Spidey suit underneath his street clothes and camera to boot. He truly took a thrashing before he died, didn’t he? Blunt force trauma to the head and who knows how he obtained the disturbing neck injury. What on earth was the cause of death?
I love the Dead Man Walking storyline. I know he will take full advantage of his last 59 minutes. I’d like to see the outcome of his destruction. He’s a true BADA**! I love the KILL ALL emblem in the back of this jacket.

Kuzeh’s El Muerto is too COOL. I love the cultural connection, the Day of the Dead, with the DEADFEST. This figure had to be added to the Deadfest. Thanks for sharing this figure with us.

Anzik Hayes you’re a sick & twisted person and I love it! The scenes are so vividly detailed and disturbing. I love that your zombies are in the city--dumpster diving and letter mailing zombies. A typical day in the big city.

Doctor T, your sculpt SUCKS! After all, he is a SUCKHEAD and I love ‘em. The black leather outfit is perfect for this figure. I’m so grossed out but I can’t seem to turn away. I’m amazed at all the detailed work, i.e., the teeth, jaw line, eyes, hands, veins, etc. Truly awesome figure!

Buttmunch’s trench coat and scarf were definitely put through the ringer. I like the before and after shoots. It’s amazing what you guys do to weather the clothes. The trench is perfect on the Corporate zombie. Hopefully, he doesn’t become a flasher.

Metaphorge, I can’t wait to see the individual shots. The repaints look bloody amazing.

Hydrobud, I can’t wait to see the finished product. He looks a little under the weather. Perhaps he has a queasy stomach due to all that blood and gore.

Again, thank you all for sharing your custom work and I look forward to seeing more.

Back