• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Deadbeat buyer/Scammer Alert - Christopher Rabideau

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzolt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a warning to fellow collectors.

I have had a nightmare dealing with this "collector".

Our transactions started out okay.
He bought a figure off me from eBay.

We started communicating and got to know each other's collector wants.

I sell him Loki. I allowed partial payment of $150/$180.
I understand now that this was a mistake on my part.

This all happened several weeks back.
I still have not seen that $30.

He said to hold onto the other figures that I am selling.
Three weeks later, he claims his employer still has not paid his commission.

Communication has been lacking after the Loki deal.
Really just a pain to deal with.

Says he is a "man of his word". which is a hilarious statement coming from someone with no integrity whatsoever.

I even gave him a warning that I will take legal action against him, considering I have is address for crying out loud.
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to scam someone when they have your home address.

He frequents the forum, although I have no idea what his username is.

Watch out for that name as well as his emails.

[email protected]
[email protected]

His eBay username, with 0 feedback, is chrsitopherabidea-0

Fair warning fellow collectors.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY.

It's unfortunate but you got taken advantage of.

It's a lesson learned. And I hate to say it was "only" $30, but this could have been worse.

Honestly, I'm personally fine with the $30. If someone is willing to scam someone else for $30, some people must be that desperate. I'm glad to know I fed them his wife and kid for a day lmao.

What's really getting me was holding the items for the guy. It could have sold already as I needed the money for an upcoming trip. Unfortunately, they didn't sell and I had to figure out other ways to get funding for my trip.

Needless to say, be careful fellow collectors.

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

Still not sure what happened did you just hold it or did you actually ship the item. If you just held it for him who cares you learn a lesson and move one.

Well if you had the item and the money he put down, just refund him and move on. Report to ebay as non-payment for auction credit back, because he didn't pay for the item, and move on.

The ebay transaction went up fine.

The problem came when we dealt using Paypal.
I sent him an invoice but he went ahead and sent the money to me directly instead of going through invoice.

He tried to buy my other items as well but I refused as I was still owed the $30.
The $30 went into the Paypal invoice for the "package" deal for the rest of the items I was supposed to sell him.
Needless to say, they only got up to the second sale before my alarm bells started going off.
We never went through the "package" deal so I never saw that $30.
I sent him an invoice for $30 reminding him to pay. I doubt I will ever see that.

I believe my generosity of giving him bulk deals got taken advantage of.
If you feel the need to blame the victim, there goes my lesson of trusting people I do business with online.

Below is the picture of the guy.
Works at Vive Communications as a Sales Executive.
Used to work as a Sales Engineer for Air Energy LLC.

I have his address and everything.

Contemplating whether or not he's worth all the trouble to go through a police report.

Sounds like the dude's really desperate, needed my $30.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAi9AAAAJGJiZTdlZGY1LTFhMDgtNDZkNi1hNTViLTkzN2I3ZGMwOWRiMg.jpg

So did you ship anything to him?

I sent out the eBay item he bought and fully paid for.

I also sent out another item, through Paypal, accepting partial payment (the problematic transaction).

**** me for giving people the benefit of the doubt and expecting people to play by the rules right?

$30 is nothing just take it as a lesson to get the full amount up front. Filing a police report for $30 isn't going to get anywhere even if they actually take the report.

$30 is nothing just take it as a lesson to get the full amount up front. Filing a police report for $30 isn't going to get anywhere even if they actually take the report.

You're right. $30 is nothing. I did file a police report though. Again, no expectations.

He tried to buy a Hot Toys figure off me. Never heard from him after initial messages.
This was last week. Glad I didn't sell to him. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

What did the police say? Did he do anything illegal? If he paid $150 of a $180 item, wouldn't you have to report him to a collection agency?

Dude with all due respect the police are gonna laugh at $30 bucks they have bigger fish to fry. Don't even think
Like that. The point of the matter is he scathed you for $30, yes it was wrong and yes you held items for him that's what
This is really about, unfortunately he didn't come thru maybe he was to embrassed to say anything. But lack of communication is really what ultimately got you the fact he didn't speak to you anymore that is the root of it all.

Dude with all due respect the police are gonna laugh at $30 bucks they have bigger fish to fry. Don't even think
Like that. The point of the matter is he scathed you for $30, yes it was wrong and yes you held items for him that's what
This is really about, unfortunately he didn't come thru maybe he was to embrassed to say anything. But lack of communication is really what ultimately got you the fact he didn't speak to you anymore that is the root of it all.
Yeah, I know.

In any case, just wanted to warn people about the guy so nobody else has to go through the ordeal.

Why the dude chose to be a piece of **** is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back