Dead Space 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but but but....:monkey2 The toys are cool.

I'm not trying to hate on it, but you have to admit it. Go from playing Resident Evil 1 or 2 to playing 5 and tell me it's the same type of game. I know games need to evolve and add something to the old formula, but RE5 really lost the survival horror feeling IMO.

Until Resident Evil gets its effing act together (hopefully with Revelations), the Dead Space series is the current reigning king of action-horror.

I'm not trying to hate on it, but you have to admit it. Go from playing Resident Evil 1 or 2 to playing 5 and tell me it's the same type of game. I know games need to evolve and add something to the old formula, but RE5 really lost the survival horror feeling IMO.

No I know, and I agree. Besides, even if you were hating on them, there's a justified reason to it.

Indeed. I love RE5 don't get me wrong, but you are completely right that RE5 has no survival horror to it. Even RE4 had a little bit of a survival horror element to it imo but it was completely lacking in RE5. I think including Sheva had alot to do with it. Again don't get me wrong as I like Sheva but having her tag along with you the entire game doesn't make you feel as vulnerable. In RE0 at least there were times where you split up with your partner. I also blame the movies for making RE more action than horror too.

Indeed. I love RE5 don't get me wrong, but you are completely right that RE5 has no survival horror to it. Even RE4 had a little bit of a survival horror element to it imo but it was completely lacking in RE5. I think including Sheva had alot to do with it. Again don't get me wrong as I like Sheva but having her tag along with you the entire game doesn't make you feel as vulnerable. In RE0 at least there were times where you split up with your partner. I also blame the movies for making RE more action than horror too.

I think there is survival horror still lurking in RE5. The whole part leading up to the lickers is about it though. I mean, none of it really scared me (that's subjective though), but it did have an impending doom to it, and it was a little intense knowing that the lickers are around, waiting to pounce.

But yeah...none of it really compared to anything in Dead Space 1 or 2, and the fact that you have to struggle to find survival horror elements in a Resident Evil game, is a sad commentary in and of itself.

I think there is survival horror still lurking in RE5. The whole part leading up to the lickers is about it though. I mean, none of it really scared me (that's subjective though), but it did have an impending doom to it, and it was a little intense knowing that the lickers are around, waiting to pounce.

But yeah...none of it really compared to anything in Dead Space 1 or 2, and the fact that you have to struggle to find survival horror elements in a Resident Evil game, is a sad commentary in and of itself.

I guess I never felt that impending doom cause I had so much ammo stocked up and a partner. Another problem with RE5 is with the exception of the Executioner, none of the creatures/monsters had that nightmarish vibe to them like in previous games imho.

Started the final chapter on Dead Space 2......not sure I totally understand what the hell is going on at this point, but have really enjoyed it overall.

Apparently there is a novel out that I'll probably check out, and of course Extraction

No.

Started the final chapter on Dead Space 2......not sure I totally understand what the hell is going on at this point, but have really enjoyed it overall.

Apparently there is a novel out that I'll probably check out, and of course Extraction

I did,its pretty good.

You like those horrid movies, so your opinion is invalid. :pfft:

:D

RE4 scared me. :eek: That was my first horror genre game. That first chainsaw guy freaked me out!

The last chapter in DS2 was definitely the hardest for me. I HATE that damn alien that keeps regenerating....I just ran and ran and dodged any other aliens that appeared and kept on running.

RE4 scared me. :eek: That was my first horror genre game. That first chainsaw guy freaked me out!

The last chapter in DS2 was definitely the hardest for me. I HATE that damn alien that keeps regenerating....I just ran and ran and dodged any other aliens that appeared and kept on running.

I loved knocking all his limbs off, hitting him with stasis and just stomping him for a few seconds, before turning my tail and running the hell away! That showed him!:lol

Back