DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

funny that you say that b/c when I saw the Robin/Joker two pack, I felt the exact opposite :lol
I like the shape of the hood better on the Mattel version than that of the DCD one but now that I have the DCD one in hand, I definitely like the DCD one better, especially with my repaint to it. I'm uploading pics now but photobucket always takes awhile when I upload for some reaon

Had the DCD Robin been made out of the same colored plastic as Batman is, he would have been much better. The flesh tone plastic they used is just far too pale. And the eyes all seem painted in different directions. Plus his hood seems to be glued on crooked. So to me, the major screw ups on the head really ruin the figure. :dunno

the hood is an easy fix. it pops off around the collar pretty easy and pulls off without leaving any residue b/c there's a notch in the back of the head where the hood attaches. it can be reattached properly relatively easily. I kept the hood off mine as I like the look better. I do want to too what the final production piece looks like for the mattel Harley Quinn. I like the expression that one had.

but I probably would've gotten the Mattel Robin too if he had at the very least came with a hole in one hand to allow a staff to be put in. that would've been pretty easy to get some thick wire and cut it into the proper length then bam. awesome AC Robin

FINALLY uploaded all my pics! here's my repainted AA and AC figures

Harley:
SAM_2835.jpg

SAM_2837.jpg

SAM_2848.jpg

SAM_2832.jpg

SAM_2830.jpg

Joker & Scarface:

SAM_2846.jpg

SAM_2815.jpg

SAM_2819.jpg

SAM_2818.jpg

SAM_2844.jpg

Last edited:

Is that the rerelease Joker? He looks like he's cast in white skintone instead of painted. I'm starting to regret not getting those rereleases now :lol

Robin:

SAM_2813.jpg

SAM_2814.jpg

SAM_2839.jpg

SAM_2840.jpg

Scarecrow:
(No paint mods, just took off the flimsy "needles" and added new ones made from metal wire)
SAM_2810.jpg

Batman:
(Just painted the batarang and mouth area for now. Waiting to see if a BD AC one is coming)
SAM_2828.jpg

SAM_2829.jpg

Last edited:

Is that the rerelease Joker? He looks like he's cast in white skintone instead of painted. I'm starting to regret not getting those rereleases now :lol

nope I just repainted it. All of these are repainted in some way. Joker and Harley got their faces repainted and their costumes touched up. You can't really see the "dirt" I added to the costumes which kind of sucks :slap but mostly it's little details here and there that improve the figures for me like the shoes laces, or showing the yellow shirt through the hole in jokers coat at both shoulders or the white stripes that run down the yellow shirt. Robin just got his costume repainted mostly just a darker shade. I'm holding off on Batman until I see what else we have instore from DCD for the AC line

Robin looks a little bit like Tintin with his hood down.

Thanks! I just wanted to see how it looks. Do you know if there is a reason why they did that?

I guess they wanted you to be able to rotate the head with the hood so the face wouldn't be obstructed by the hood if the hood was glued in place around the head instead of to the head.

I guess they wanted you to be able to rotate the head with the hood so the face wouldn't be obstructed by the hood if the hood was glued in place around the head instead of to the head.

That makes sense.

Nice repaints Gipetto! I especially love what you've done with Joker. The mouth looks much more accurate now the red of the lips reaches around his face, and the hair looks a nicer shade too. Great work on the shirt aswell.
FINALLY uploaded all my pics! here's my repainted AA and AC figures
SAM_2815.jpg

Love the nice little touch you did on the Batarang also.

Regarding DCD vs Mattel Robin:
I personally think the DCD Robin is far superior to the Mattel version in terms of sculpt and game accuracy. I'm sure if someone were to get a photo of them side by side along with a game screenshot the DCD one would look most accurate.

Saw Robin, unmasked batman etc yesterday in person (my first trip into a Forbidden planet, awesome!) Think I will pick them both up, pretty cool. I thought robin was great in the game.

Regarding DCD vs Mattel Robin:
I personally think the DCD Robin is far superior to the Mattel version in terms of sculpt and game accuracy. I'm sure if someone were to get a photo of them side by side along with a game screenshot the DCD one would look most accurate.

The body, sure DCD wins. But the head on the Mattel one is far more accurate that DCD's. Either DCD didn't give a crap what he actually looked like or something happend during the molding process that really screwed him up. And the eyes looking in opposite directions isn't helping either. To me, its like the real Robin is wearing a fan made costume (Mattel) and a handicapped guy is wearing the real Robin suit (DCD). :dunno

Back