DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Well, it's all personal preference I guess, but the DCD version wins it by a mile for me:

59ebd415.jpg

Well, it's all personal preference I guess, but the DCD version wins it by a mile for me:

59ebd415.jpg
Agreed. In that pic, facially the DCD Robin is quite clearly closer to the game version than Mattels by a long way. And the rest is pretty much spot on, too. My only problem is the hood is a bit tall and cone-headed, and slightly wide, but that's about it.

Also, that Joker repaint looks pretty good. It'd be interesting to see a similar paintjob on the sickened variant sculpt.

Actually looking at the pics closer, the Mattel one has the more accurate suit :lol

This one looks like Mattel though.

Robin-character.png

59ebd415.jpg

I wish they gave him a longer cape. Maybe marvel legends moon knight hood and cape would be good on this figure...

Anyone hook me up with the sickened Joker please? Loose, MOC anything will do. as long as he's not damaged...

Having finally played to the end of the story, it has occurred to me that they may do a Clay-covered Batman variant along with a battle damaged one. If they do a clay-covered version, it should come with a sword.

SnakeDoc

SnakeDoctor I think your right. I also think it means we will get a deluxe Clay Face as the 4th figure. I would love a Clay covered Batman. It really gave the boss fight a cool look if you know what I mean.

Made this today out of YJ Red Arrow's diorama base by covering up the Sportsmaster wanted poster. Just waiting for Robin to arrive now.

dsc02337ub.jpg

dsc02338q.jpg

FINALLY uploaded all my pics! here's my repainted AA and AC figures

SAM_2815.jpg

Nice touch up's. I think Joker needs more lipstick
Joker-batman-arkham-asylum-8528926-645-362.jpg

love to see Bane repainted.

Last edited:

followed this thread for a few days now.

Long story short im from England, I wanted to get the AA figures when they were released, but i spent my money on my 1:18 scale Formula 1 cars (all 25 of them are Fernando Alonso).

So when i saw the AC set cropping up, I bought the 3 from my local comic book shop, Ground Zero. Found this site, and read about the Joker variant from Graffiti, so I went an ordered it, $55 posted to the UK, so its about £33, pretty happy with that!

Went on eBay and went crazy trying to find some Arkham Asylum figures, so I bought brand new Batman Series 1 (£36), brand new Armoured batman (£32) and I bought Zsasz (£18).

Id love to get ahold of Joker w/Scarface, Ivy and Scarecrow. Not fussed about Harley quinn of AA, love Arleen sorkin though!

Anyway, I pre-ordered the whole of series 2 AC, the deluxe Freeze/Croc, the Titan joker and the series 3 of AC figures, so my names down for the first imports at ground zero.

To be honest, i gave up on the figures, but seeing Freeze in the game, and seeing the Freeze figure at the SDCC convention, I thought sod it, and ive bought what I can get and what I can afford at this moment in time.

Eitherway, if anybody knows any places where I can get AA figures, then please let me know! eBay is'nt the most friendliest, tried amazon but they could only import a Joker with Scarface (seriously looking into getting if its still for sale in a few weeks).

Otherwise, roll on series 2! Personally, for series 3 they need to have Penguin (confirmed), Deadshot, Two-face and Strange. if they need a batman, endgame version with clay and full battle damage but his accessory, should be the sword.

Should there be a wave 4, id actually like it to be double packs of; Two joker goons like the ones which are trophies; White jacketed assault rifle, brown jacketed with sniper rifle and clown mask with body armour and signal jammer, two penguin goons in different costumes with weapons, such as one with an assault rifle and one with a bat, and a pair of two-face goons one with a sniper rifle, one with a knife. Or you could mix it up and have a pair of electric sticks and knife, and then a baseball bat and a shield, or swap th Something different. Ofcourse, it wouldnt be bad having a seated calender man sitting on a prison cell bed with a few holiday dates scattered on the bed, or joker with a handgun and sword.

Would also love Talia and Rha's, to go with those you could have nightwing with his batons,and azrael or calendar man.

Deluxe-wise, we gotta have Clayface and Solomon grundy and the abromovich brothers, one with hammer, one with scythe.

^ I think you may struggle to find any of the AA figures without resorting to eBay unfortunately. I have seen Ivy on eBay a fair few times at a good price so it's always worthwhile keeping an eye out for her on there.

I'm really looking forward to wave 2 of AC coming in April too. The deluxe figures due in June look especially awesome aswell. I'd be interested to hear where you've pre-ordered them from actually.... do you use somewhere online or have you gone with a local comic shop?
I usualy get mine off eBay as and when they are released, but I have a feeling these deluxe figures are going to be snatched up in an instant so it's going to be wise to pre-order methinks!

the AC line doesn't seem to be selling quite as well. it's hard to tell tho. stores probably ordered as many as they could get their hands on. went on boxing day and Harley quinn was filling a whole peg, there was only 2 batman's left and 1 robin. of course they had more in the back room. so it seems like Harley is the peg warmer in the line, or she could have been overproduced to meet demand, based on the sales of the AA version.

I would love statues of these characters DC Direct is good. but they could still be better and bigger.

^ I think you may struggle to find any of the AA figures without resorting to eBay unfortunately. I have seen Ivy on eBay a fair few times at a good price so it's always worthwhile keeping an eye out for her on there.

I'm really looking forward to wave 2 of AC coming in April too. The deluxe figures due in June look especially awesome aswell. I'd be interested to hear where you've pre-ordered them from actually.... do you use somewhere online or have you gone with a local comic shop?
I usualy get mine off eBay as and when they are released, but I have a feeling these deluxe figures are going to be snatched up in an instant so it's going to be wise to pre-order methinks!

its my local comicbook shop that ive preordered them. he only puts things aside for his regulars. its a tiny shop in mansfield near nottingham. brill bloke. go in for hours and talk about comics and films. its no bigger than a double bedroom but he puts kettle on and usually its walking dead theories, tdkr film, avengers or whatevers happening in the comicverse.

i mean he sourced me an original isaac clarke figure for £20 last month. bit above rrp but it cost him that to import it. alwaya buy him a pint though. always a friendly environment. anyone who goes in you can talk to. better than chains like forbidden planet

the AC line doesn't seem to be selling quite as well. it's hard to tell tho. stores probably ordered as many as they could get their hands on. went on boxing day and Harley quinn was filling a whole peg, there was only 2 batman's left and 1 robin. of course they had more in the back room. so it seems like Harley is the peg warmer in the line, or she could have been overproduced to meet demand, based on the sales of the AA version.

I would love statues of these characters DC Direct is good. but they could still be better and bigger.

i think DCD have made miles more figures for demand

its my local comicbook shop that ive preordered them. he only puts things aside for his regulars. its a tiny shop in mansfield near nottingham. brill bloke. go in for hours and talk about comics and films. its no bigger than a double bedroom but he puts kettle on and usually its walking dead theories, tdkr film, avengers or whatevers happening in the comicverse.

i mean he sourced me an original isaac clarke figure for £20 last month. bit above rrp but it cost him that to import it. alwaya buy him a pint though. always a friendly environment. anyone who goes in you can talk to. better than chains like forbidden planet
ahhh nice - sounds like you've got a great thing going on there. No chance of ever being that sociable at my LCS of choice.... we're talking about a woman here who won't let me take a comic off the shelf until she's finished stacking the rest of the box of comics onto it :lol
It is a nice shop though and to be fair I think I caught her on a bad day, the staff in there are all generally really nice and they always have everything in stock that I'm after. There's a Forbidden Planet nearby too but I tend to only use that as a back-up store since everything in there is way over-priced.
The DC Direct Arkham City figures range from £16.99 - £19.99 in those shops, but on eBay I got the whole set for £39.99 from my favourite seller, so it's been wiser to get them online so far for me.
I just have a feeling that the deluxe figures are going to be even more popular than the regular figures - I've already read in various forums of DCUC collectors not interested in the Arkham line but wanting to get these deluxe figures just because they're so awesome, not to mention the fact they'll be great fodder for flippers - so I can see them selling out much quicker than the regular lines.
I think I'll have to do a bit of investigating to see where's going to be best to pre-order from for those deluxe waves.

You guys could try Brians Toys and/or The Big Bad Toy Store. Both American etailers but they may have AA figures and always have pre orders so you shouldn't miss out.

ahhh nice - sounds like you've got a great thing going on there. No chance of ever being that sociable at my LCS of choice.... we're talking about a woman here who won't let me take a comic off the shelf until she's finished stacking the rest of the box of comics onto it :lol
It is a nice shop though and to be fair I think I caught her on a bad day, the staff in there are all generally really nice and they always have everything in stock that I'm after. There's a Forbidden Planet nearby too but I tend to only use that as a back-up store since everything in there is way over-priced.
The DC Direct Arkham City figures range from £16.99 - £19.99 in those shops, but on eBay I got the whole set for £39.99 from my favourite seller, so it's been wiser to get them online so far for me.
I just have a feeling that the deluxe figures are going to be even more popular than the regular figures - I've already read in various forums of DCUC collectors not interested in the Arkham line but wanting to get these deluxe figures just because they're so awesome, not to mention the fact they'll be great fodder for flippers - so I can see them selling out much quicker than the regular lines.
I think I'll have to do a bit of investigating to see where's going to be best to pre-order from for those deluxe waves.

I paid £18.99 for the figures from ground zero. I know, i couldve got them cheaper, but i dont mind paying a bit more to ensure that his business remains above the water. its such a quality shop, and theres a really loyal set of customers.

I mean, ive popped in and not bought anything but been there for an hour having a laugh, joke, conversation. He loves blasting out some heavy metal, or prodigy or pendulum.

if were discussing something and we dont know, he'll say 'go grab X comic and we'll have a look'. I mean, onabout the Captain America film, he went and got the ultimate avengers 1st book, and he sat and went through the whole comic explained this and that and told me to give it a quick read whilst im sat waiting for the kettle to boil!

Such an epic shop, but such a brilliant bloke. I think im gonna ask the other half to get me The Walking Dead figures for my birthday in march. She wont be happy waking up to them next to the NECA resi figures, and the necromorph in the morning lmao.

I paid £18.99 for the figures from ground zero. I know, i couldve got them cheaper, but i dont mind paying a bit more to ensure that his business remains above the water. its such a quality shop, and theres a really loyal set of customers.

I mean, ive popped in and not bought anything but been there for an hour having a laugh, joke, conversation. He loves blasting out some heavy metal, or prodigy or pendulum.

if were discussing something and we dont know, he'll say 'go grab X comic and we'll have a look'. I mean, onabout the Captain America film, he went and got the ultimate avengers 1st book, and he sat and went through the whole comic explained this and that and told me to give it a quick read whilst im sat waiting for the kettle to boil!

Such an epic shop, but such a brilliant bloke. I think im gonna ask the other half to get me The Walking Dead figures for my birthday in march. She wont be happy waking up to them next to the NECA resi figures, and the necromorph in the morning lmao.

Sounds like your on a good thing mate. I have a couple of online etailers here in Australia that I keep in touch with purely because they look after me. They maybe a little more expensive but I'm happy to pay for good service. :goodpost:

Back