DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Well it is a "Girls Night Out" pack...
... Maybe Pamela is the designated driver???

At least her eyes look better in this release. The original Ivy I have, her eyes look like she's been smoking some of her plants, if you know what I mean.

You can sell your one on eBay: SDCC Exlusive Poison Ivy Stoned Edition :D People will buy it, trust me xDDD

I have one question for you guys that "worry" me a bit xD As you all can see Livewire seems to have a minor issue, her left eye is not centered. IMO this is a big problem about the multi packs. Is impossible to get 5 figures with perfect paint apps... Even picking one on the store will be difficult and for who buy online is just matter of luck... :/
This is probably why I'm gonna buy them loose after see the real in-hand pictures.. (talking about GCPD Rogues, the 5 girls is a total pass for me)

My LCS has Batman Beyond 3 pack available for pick up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, I fail to see what´s wrong with Ivy :/ BTW, Her skin will be whiter, rigth? Any other color change for her or figures previously released like Harly and Batgirl? Cheers!

Ok guys, I will post my comments on the set with photos soon but for now here is 5-Pack Ivy and single carded Ivy together. The colors are defo more sharp and her skin is whiter. On top of that her face is slightly smaller but I don't know if that's just the case with my one or with this set in general.

Ok guys, I will post my comments on the set with photos soon but for now here is 5-Pack Ivy and single carded Ivy together. The colors are defo more sharp and her skin is whiter. On top of that her face is slightly smaller but I don't know if that's just the case with my one or with this set in general.

The one on the left looks way better! Darker eyes and eyelashes fully painted :D

Wow... Now that I've seen the way Ivy should've been painted; the old one looks strung out, with bags under her eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, Zelu! Now I can see the differences!

yeah that's the new one! I have to say this changes are very subtle but the make Ivy look much better. I really like the more white tone skin as well.

Here are my thoughts on the set and some photos.

Ivy - nice paint improvements but overall it is the same sculpt so if you already own Ivy you are good with the 1st one.

Batgirl - same as Ivy the paint feels cleaner and the colors more vibrant. The paint has been improved.

Livewire - she has a fantastic head sculpt and very good articulation. Overall it's a very good figure and to me the best one in the set. The problem I see is that Livewire is on a short side and I wish they have added an extra 1cm to her height. This can still be fixed with camera trickery of displaying her in flying pose.

Supergirl - this is another very cool looking figure but the size of her head does bother me a bit... It's just too big even in TNBA style. I'm not sure why they gave her the squinty eyes like that but this is an easy fix. Someone pointed out the "clown shoes" and I must say they don't bother me at all and they make the figure easier to balance.

Harley - As much as I used to love this Harley on the photos you guys posted before I have to say I really dislike her in person... :( It is exactly the same figure as the single carted one but everything about her bothers me. I don't like her head sculpt at all. She looks like someone hit her in a face with a pan! Her body fills stiff and strange. Articulation on her legs feels limited and she can't put her legs straight (always looks like her knees are slightly bent) The lack of ankle articulation whatsoever adds to the list of my complaints and this make Harley my least favorite female figure in this line together with BTAS Harley :(

Overall I feel like this pack is worth getting considering the price and what you get! They don't come with accessories or hands but each character has the stand included. If you have some extra space this is a cool set to buy and display together recreating the scene from Girl's Night Out!

Any questions let me know!

Thanks a lot for the pics zelu!!! New Ivy looks SO much better than the single card!

Weird, my Ivy looks like the one at the left on the pic, she has the black line aroud her eyes but her eyes are light green and her face is also like the one from the left too.

Perhaps they improved the paint job on the 2nd run of this figure and the "new" single carted one also have the improved version.

I wonder if Livewire and Kara will be release as single-carded figures when the STAS officially start.. :confused:
Thanks for the photos and news Zelu ;)

I'd like to get Livewire and Supergirl (even with the bobblehead) but may just pick them up loose. I don't think I want to spend full price on the set to get 3 figures I already have--even with the paint improvements. Hopefully later on it will go on sale somewhere.

I'd like to get Livewire and Supergirl (even with the bobblehead) but may just pick them up loose. I don't think I want to spend full price on the set to get 3 figures I already have--even with the paint improvements. Hopefully later on it will go on sale somewhere.

In case this will change your mind here is a shot from "Girls Night Out" ;)

These look great to me and you can't beat the price for five figures. Livewire doesn't seem too short. Not all people are the same height. And depending on which frames you're viewing, Supergirl's boots are pretty authentic.

Thanks for the pics, Zelu! Looks like a fun set.

These look great to me and you can't beat the price for five figures. Livewire doesn't seem too short. Not all people are the same height. And depending on which frames you're viewing, Supergirl's boots are pretty authentic.

Thanks for the pics, Zelu! Looks like a fun set.

No worries! I'm glad I was able to get them early and take some shots. Livewire is pretty short next to the others. On that photo I posted with Harley and Ivy she is floating/tiptoeing and on the stand ;)

How does Livewire look next to BTAS Harley

Supergirl's crop top would have been a nice place to hide side torso articulation.

Back