DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Grey ghost is a dead cert. An absolute icon of the btas show. I really expect to see him at toy fair. I would absolutely love a strong showing for BTAS at toy fair. A wave of unmasked variants, a couple of C listers, batcycles and a batcave play set.

Grey ghost is a dead cert. An absolute icon of the btas show. I really expect to see him at toy fair. I would absolutely love a strong showing for BTAS at toy fair. A wave of unmasked variants, a couple of C listers, batcycles and a batcave play set.

Not sure I see all of that especially as they move towards STAS, BB, and JLU. Grey Ghost is likely at some point but I'm not so sure about a lot of C-Listers and unmasked variants for BTAS and TNBA because they are headed toward those other shows. I think they are more likely to stick with characters that are more likely to sell. I'm not getting my hopes up for Dagget or any other GCPD cops besides Montoya especially since a lot of people seem to be against her :/. And if they do unmasked variants I doubt they'll all come in one wave unless they're done in another multi pack. I think they're more likely to be spread out if they're done.

DCC's Kevin has replied to my e-mails about Batgirl and Poison Ivy:

Poison Ivy:
"Thanks for reaching out. We love hearing from our customers, especially about the Batman Animated line. Thanks for the reference shots and to your point that it is just the prototype, so some changes may still be coming. While it may not match the exact version you are referencing, we hope you are happy with the final piece once you see it live".

Batgirl:
"Thanks for reaching out and sharing your opinion. We hear you and we will look into it but we have a tendency to stay with more head motion than not when we can. As we progress on this figure we will try to show more finished versions so you can see the final look".

And the official debut of the Superman line, probably.

I hear you, but wonder exactly how many waves that particular show can anchor? JLU is more likely and Superman characters just another part of that larger picture. I would love to see Perry White but I am not sure that he would be as coveted as say an Alfred figure?

Speaking of Kevin, I e-mailed him about a broken figure (thanks to who posted that btw), and he gave me a weird response about how they don''t have figures to replace and dont do that kinda thing, and I needed to tell my comic shop to ask their distributor. Kinda irked me after seeing how many times online he's helped people with broken BTAS and Icons figures.

I understand you guys who talk about a lot of cool characters but.. is not better to at least complete the "main" line of characters? I mean, we didn't saw yet bigwigs like Two-Face or Scarecrow.. or the damn Alfred! :D

Deluxe Pack, with Mommy and Daddy Wayne together with little Brucie! :D

I understand you guys who talk about a lot of cool characters but.. is not better to at least complete the "main" line of characters? I mean, we didn't saw yet bigwigs like Two-Face or Scarecrow.. or the damn Alfred! :D
It seems to me that that is exactly what they're going for. The main characters I mean. I half expected DCC to integrate more of those C-Listers with the A and B-Listers as we went along but it seems to me that they more interested in putting out the characters that most people know not just from the cartoon series but in general. Plus we are running out of top tier characters to mix with the lower ones and I can't imagine them doing an entire wave of civilian characters or crime mob bosses or police officers. I seriously think that they will be winding down on the Batman stuff as move into the rest of the animated universe. I sooner see characters like Bizarro, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor coming than Dagget, Valestra, Sewer King, and Leslie Tomkins. I think these types of characters are hard sells no matter how they get released.

Deluxe Pack, with Mommy and Daddy Wayne together with little Brucie! :D

Lol well that's certainly an interesting idea, I'll give you that.

Scarecrow, Two Face , Gray Ghost , and Alfred are totally a must but still after main characterset it would be nice to have Daggett, Hardac,Ninja,and maybe at least one gcpd with two heads,Sewer King.i like the idea of a Gotham crime ally with Bruce and his parents.

Scarecrow, Two Face , Gray Ghost , and Alfred are totally a must but still after main characterset it would be nice to have Daggett, Hardac,Ninja,and maybe at least one gcpd with two heads,Sewer King.i like the idea of a Gotham crime ally with Bruce and his parents.

I think also Rupert Thorne, a very important figure in much episodes. I hope will be released all these figures. Please DC

True, I also want to see Mad Hatter from TNBA.

Yeah, overall I think it has more to do with the design change.

Ok, cheers!

It seems to me that that is exactly what they're going for. The main characters I mean. I half expected DCC to integrate more of those C-Listers with the A and B-Listers as we went along but it seems to me that they more interested in putting out the characters that most people know not just from the cartoon series but in general. Plus we are running out of top tier characters to mix with the lower ones and I can't imagine them doing an entire wave of civilian characters or crime mob bosses or police officers. I seriously think that they will be winding down on the Batman stuff as move into the rest of the animated universe. I sooner see characters like Bizarro, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor coming than Dagget, Valestra, Sewer King, and Leslie Tomkins. I think these types of characters are hard sells no matter how they get released.

LOL Sewer King!!! hahaha xDDD
Anyway I hope to see the A-lister as you said. Even for the JL line. "Big" names like Oliver, Diana or Lex are totally more appealing to me than a random Gotham civilian or police man. I won't buy that, my shelf is not interested. But I understand why some collector will buy those and I hope for them (but not for they're wallet LOL) DCC will release all the stuff possible :D Just first gimme Scarecrow, Dent and Alfred please xDDD

Like GianMaRko said Thorne wil be very cool! He appear way more than TNBA Riddler, which will be released, so i hope to see coherence. He will be a heavy figure like Bullock fore sure xD

LOL Sewer King!!! hahaha xDDD
Anyway I hope to see the A-lister as you said. Even for the JL line. "Big" names like Oliver, Diana or Lex are totally more appealing to me than a random Gotham civilian or police man. I won't buy that, my shelf is not interested. But I understand why some collector will buy those and I hope for them (but not for they're wallet LOL) DCC will release all the stuff possible :D Just first gimme Scarecrow, Dent and Alfred please xDDD

Like GianMaRko said Thorne wil be very cool! He appear way more than TNBA Riddler, which will be released, so i hope to see coherence. He will be a heavy figure like Bullock fore sure xD

Totally agree. Yeah I don't really care if they release C-Listers, Police, and Civilians. I'll buy the ones I want and pass on the others. It's pretty much the same thing JLU, BB, and STAS. I certainly don't plan on buying everything that gets released there either.

I'm hoping to see BTAS Thorne, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Hugo Strange, and Baby Doll and TNBA Penguin, Mad Hatter, and Ventriloquist the most.

Looks like the Batman Beyond 3-pack is in and ready to ship from DCBS:)

I hope they let us know at NYTF if the 5pk figs will be released as singles,I only want Bane and Freeze!

I seriously doubt they'll confirm that. An announcement like that would seriously undermine pre-sales of the 5-pack. The best I'd hope for is, "We have no plans but maybe someday, if there's enough demand."

I'd rather think of a happy Family pack. Maybe they could add alternate heads for replaying the murder scene too.

So, "Perchance to Dream" pack with old Martha, old Thomas, Bruce in his sweater with an alternate hatted head and grappling hook, Alfred, and Batman with an additional Mad Hatter head?:lol

Back