DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I posted this answer as a reply to a pm on how to apply the paint on Batman...I thought is might be helpful to post it here as well:

Yes. Acrylic paint.
The mouth and laugh lines are very subtle, but make a world of difference. I use a very, very thin brush. SOFT. Not hard...you want the paint to be absorbed into the brush. I water the paint way down. You can dip it in the paint, then dip the brush in water, until the paint itself is watery. Then I run the brush (lightly) on a piece of paper or pallet...this will take most of the water logged paint out, leaving some in. Then you run the tip of the brush over the mouth area, letting the mouth crease guide you. It's very light, so can run it over a few times until you get it to your liking. Angle a light on Bat's face so you can see the laugh lines and use the tip of the brush again.
For the eyes, I water down the white...not as much as the Burnt sienna. I so this for a guide and then a thicker layer will sit better on top. For each layer, paint in ONE direction and don't go over your brush stroke until it dries. Your brush stroke can go in any direction once the previous layer dries...which doesn't take long because of such a small area.
Also...gently wash the parts you're painting with a dish washing liquid or mild soap. Just use a damp paper towel with a little dish washing liquid and wipe it down. Rinse it off with another damp paper towel without soap. Then paint.
Hope this helps.

That's a great tutorial! I only asked about the gundam pen because it might make it even easier for someone who might not be confident with paint and brush. After a quick search I saw some colors that might be good for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this answer as a reply to a pm on how to apply the paint on Batman...I thought is might be helpful to post it here as well:

Yes. Acrylic paint.
The mouth and laugh lines are very subtle, but make a world of difference. I use a very, very thin brush. SOFT. Not hard...you want the paint to be absorbed into the brush. I water the paint way down. You can dip it in the paint, then dip the brush in water, until the paint itself is watery. Then I run the brush (lightly) on a piece of paper or pallet...this will take most of the water logged paint out, leaving some in. Then you run the tip of the brush over the mouth area, letting the mouth crease guide you. It's very light, so can run it over a few times until you get it to your liking. Angle a light on Bat's face so you can see the laugh lines and use the tip of the brush again.
For the eyes, I water down the white...not as much as the Burnt sienna. I so this for a guide and then a thicker layer will sit better on top. For each layer, paint in ONE direction and don't go over your brush stroke until it dries. Your brush stroke can go in any direction once the previous layer dries...which doesn't take long because of such a small area.
Also...gently wash the parts you're painting with a dish washing liquid or mild soap. Just use a damp paper towel with a little dish washing liquid and wipe it down. Rinse it off with another damp paper towel without soap. Then paint.
Hope this helps.

Thanks man, I'll try it :hi5:

I tried to take some close up pics to show how subtle paintwork is....but it was really hard to capture.

btas5.jpg

btas6.jpg

btas7.jpg

Hey, guys,

Thought about sharing with y'all which characters I'm buying from the BTAS line and which episodes I think will work better for the characters still to be announced.

Announced figures
Got:

Catwoman
Joker
Robin
Man-Bat

Getting:

Penguin
Batman
Riddler
Harley Quinn
Mad Hatter
Phantasm 2-pack
Gordon
Zatanna
+ Batmobile

For the characters still to be announced that I'll get, here are my suggestions:

Two-Face
No brainer: lucky coin
Episode for further accessories: "Two-Face part II" - gun, machine gun, wallet with Grace & Harvey photo

Poison Ivy
No brainer: wrist bow
Episode: "Pretty Poison" - rose, lipstick, venus flytrap

Mr. Freeze
No brainer: ice gun
Episode: "Heart of Ice" - Nora figurine inside the glass

Scarecrow
Episode: "Trial" - sickle

Clayface
Either one, both have good "hands", lol

Killer Croc
Episode: "Sideshow" - chains, rock

Ventriloquist/Scarface:
No brainer: Scarface's machine gun
Episode: "Catwalk"? One of those animal statues and the detonator? Don't know.

Alfred
I honestly don't like the idea of giving him "butler" accessories, as he's more than that to Bruce.
Give him a Wayne family portrait.

Batgirl
Just like Bats and Robin, typical accessories: bat rope, batarang

And then I'm cool with my collection. :lecture

$65-$75 to ship the Batmobile to me from BBTS. Ridiculous :gah:

Hi all! I haven't posted anything on here before but I received the Batmobile I ordered today from BBTS and it is AMAZING! Here are some pics I took of it in front of a Gotham City painting I am working on. I love the lights on this thing! This is like a childhood dream come true! With all the figures in this line plus the Batmobile now, anyone have recommendations for display tables or shelves? Mine is running out of space lol.

View attachment 218530
View attachment 218531
View attachment 218532

I got my Batmobile, Batman, and Riddler today. My LCS is having a buy two, get one sale, so, I got one of the figures free with the Batmobile. I'm debating whether I want to go back for Penguin, Ivy, and Batgirl tomorrow.

Hey, guys,

Thought about sharing with y'all which characters I'm buying from the BTAS line and which episodes I think will work better for the characters still to be announced.

Announced figures
Got:

Catwoman
Joker
Robin
Man-Bat

Getting:

Penguin
Batman
Riddler
Harley Quinn
Mad Hatter
Phantasm 2-pack
Gordon
Zatanna
+ Batmobile

For the characters still to be announced that I'll get, here are my suggestions:

Two-Face
No brainer: lucky coin
Episode for further accessories: "Two-Face part II" - gun, machine gun, wallet with Grace & Harvey photo

Poison Ivy
No brainer: wrist bow
Episode: "Pretty Poison" - rose, lipstick, venus flytrap

Mr. Freeze
No brainer: ice gun
Episode: "Heart of Ice" - Nora figurine inside the glass

Scarecrow
Episode: "Trial" - sickle

Clayface
Either one, both have good "hands", lol

Killer Croc
Episode: "Sideshow" - chains, rock

Ventriloquist/Scarface:
No brainer: Scarface's machine gun
Episode: "Catwalk"? One of those animal statues and the detonator? Don't know.

Alfred
I honestly don't like the idea of giving him "butler" accessories, as he's more than that to Bruce.
Give him a Wayne family portrait.

Batgirl
Just like Bats and Robin, typical accessories: bat rope, batarang

And then I'm cool with my collection. :lecture

If DCC does a deluxe Mr Freeze that comes with Nora i will die!
Imagine a display of this with a light up display and everything! OMG
VkcCUf8.jpg

I haven't caved and bought anything in this line yet. Now you put that idea in my head?? Mr. Freeze I can resist...but if he came with a full-sized figure of Nora suspended in her chamber that would light up and you can fill with water? I'd have to have that! Hearts of Ice is not only the best episode of the series, it might just be the best 22 minute piece of non-comedic American animation OF ALL TIME. Am I exaggerating? I don't think so.

Defo not my favourite episode of BTAS but Nora with Mr. Freezd would be awesome!

If DCC does a deluxe Mr Freeze that comes with Nora i will die!
Imagine a display of this with a light up display and everything! OMG
VkcCUf8.jpg

I haven't caved and bought anything in this line yet. Now you put that idea in my head?? Mr. Freeze I can resist...but if he came with a full-sized figure of Nora suspended in her chamber that would light up and you can fill with water? I'd have to have that! Hearts of Ice is not only the best episode of the series, it might just be the best 22 minute piece of non-comedic American animation OF ALL TIME. Am I exaggerating? I don't think so.

I was actually referring to the Nora figurine. Porcelain figurine? Maquette? How do we call that?
Anyway, this:

Mister_Freeze_BTAS.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

But your idea is fantastic and I'd pay anything for that!

I was actually referring to the Nora figurine. Porcelain figurine? Maquette? How do we call that?
Anyway, this:

Mister_Freeze_BTAS.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

But your idea is fantastic and I'd pay anything for that!

Personally, while I'd hope the figure would have the music box (?), I've always thought that would make for an awesome companion piece/prop replica for collectors, if DCC made an actual 1:1 version with the music and the dancing and everything.

Personally, while I'd hope the figure would have the music box (?), I've always thought that would make for an awesome companion piece/prop replica for collectors, if DCC made an actual 1:1 version with the music and the dancing and everything.

Nice idea the 1:1 replica for us!!!

But for the Mr. Freeze action figure, giving this Nora figure/maquette inside the "glass" box in scale with him, would be awesome!!!
You know? Like Catwoman's Isis etc...

Nice idea the 1:1 replica for us!!!

But for the Mr. Freeze action figure, giving this Nora figure/maquette inside the "glass" box in scale with him, would be awesome!!!
You know? Like Catwoman's Isis etc...

Oh, do you mean an actual human Nora, and not the music box/dancer version? Yeah, I get that idea 100%. I'd actually like to see something similar happen for Christmas with the Joker. How awesome would it be for the holidays if they made a gift set with Joker in his Christmas sweater, with the Santa hat, a "Laffy the Elf" hand, and a Betty Blooper doll, along with non-articulated "gift wrapped" Gordon, Bullock, and Summer Gleason figurines?

Oh, do you mean an actual human Nora, and not the music box/dancer version? Yeah, I get that idea 100%. I'd actually like to see something similar happen for Christmas with the Joker. How awesome would it be for the holidays if they made a gift set with Joker in his Christmas sweater, with the Santa hat, a "Laffy the Elf" hand, and a Betty Blooper doll, along with non-articulated "gift wrapped" Gordon, Bullock, and Summer Gleason figurines?

No... HAHAHA!
I mean the music box Nora, yes. Ok, let's call that "music box Nora". I was trying to find words to call that. hahaha
All this time I was referring to the "music box Nora". hahaha
I want him to come with this, besides the no brainer ice gun.

The actual human Nora could come in a deluxe edition AFTER the solo Freeze version, you know?
Perhaps a "SubZero movie deluxe Mr. Freeze", you know, based on the acclaimed movie.

And, YEEEAHH! Just give us "Christmas Joker". I love that outfit!!!

I only like Heart of Ice. I don't like how they brought Nora back from the dead in the little fish tank/snow globe thing. That was stupid.

Heart of Ice was perfect with Nora deceased and Victor looking for revenge. The characterization of Freeze just got worse and worse with each episode in my opinion. This was the perfect (and saddest) ending for the character,

I must be the only one who wants Tygrus

and wolf Romulus.

No, I want them too!!! and Harvey Bullock, Montoya, Harvey Dent and even Hamilton Hill

Back