DC Direct 13" Catwoman.....Out This Week!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That definitely looks better than the pre-production shots; I have every other DCD 13"-er, so I will now be ordering this one as well (from Marc at Alteregocomics). I'm gonna wait to see Nightwing before buying, as well.

thanks for sharing pix Natrix, good to hear about the obitsu type boobs. :lol

Picked her up yesterday, accessories look good, but was disappointed at the stump pegs for the hands again. :emperor

The sculpt is still cartoony, but much, much improved over the solicitation shots. Don't think I'm digging the AH! boobs though. If they all look like this, how are they going to make jokes about Power Girl?

If they all look like this I'm afraid to see the final Power Girl....she'll ship in two boxes....:lol

Darklord Dave said:
The sculpt is still cartoony, but much, much improved over the solicitation shots. Don't think I'm digging the AH! boobs though. If they all look like this, how are they going to make jokes about Power Girl?

From what I can tell on mine, the upper torso (meaning the Chest) is actually a seperate piece. So hopefully they'll change breast sizes for other female superheroes, like Batgirl and Supergirl.

Looks good! But I'm am starting to get annoyed as DCD for always sculpting Catwoman smiling! With the sexy Catwoman pout? Or something else other that that smile! I hate it. Will pick this up though!

I didn't buy this one yet but I may end up picking one up for bash purposes. The head is perfect to adapt to a Cy or bbi PB body and with a catsuit from Triad you'll have a pitch purrfect Catwoman I think. Also the body as has been mentioned will make a great big gal superhero like Wonder Woman. Add desired fasion doll head and costume and your there. But I don't think it's an awful figure as is and I'm looking forward to PG and Batgirl. The breasts appear to be designed to use different sizes for different figures so I think Batgirl and the other more petite heroines will be fine. This isn't a bad start to the female DCD character line.

Natrix said:
In my photos or the preview picture in the first post?

Head size looks fine in person. The goggles might throw of the perception a little bit.

My bad, I meant the preview pics, I didn't even see yours:eek: :monkey3

Looks A LOT better than the previews, wow, I kinda want one with Bats!

dcd_13_catwoman_1.jpg

dcd_13_catwoman_2.jpg

dcd_13_catwoman_3.jpg

You really notice the extra inch in height when next to a 12" figure...

dcd_13_catwoman_4.jpg

Shaun your pictures just made me put aside a Catwoman! :)

Thanks for the pics Natrix and Shaun! This figure is a beaut, big breasts aside. They need to be more in scale with the figure. She needs to look more natural.

Got my DCD Catwoman today. Yeah, she is packing heat, as in major league hooters, but what can you do. Change out those with smaller ones? Maybe, but the suit will need to be taken in if so.

On the loose head....add a few drops of thick superglue, not superglue gel, although that might work, but you'd have to work it around, but I used some Bondini Superglue gel, that is about as thick as old school model glue, and just pour it carefully on top of the ball, rotating it around some as you do, and it sort of wraps around the ball (don't let it drip down to the stem or the other ball and lock it into place!), but if you let it wrap around the ball, and spritz it with some Insta-set before it gets to the stem, it will harden in place, making the upper neck ball slightly larger in diameter, and will hold the loose head in place. No more rocking or slinging off. That's what mine was doing. Not anymore! Try it, if you feel up to the dare of it. The success is worth it.

Other than that, a face repaint, and she is not too shabby. Don't like the boobies, but what can you do. An affordable Catwoman for those without a Takara one.

about a 7 out of 10. Not too bad.

Looks like mine won't be here on Tuesday after all. Alter Ego sent the order to an address that I lived at last summer.....across the state. Not sure why they did this but I sent Marc and email. We'll see how it's handled. :monkey2

Eli26 said:
Shaun your pictures just made me put aside a Catwoman! :)

Thanks for the pics Natrix and Shaun! This figure is a beaut, big breasts aside. They need to be more in scale with the figure. She needs to look more natural.

Darth Rage said:
That's a great pic shaun.

Glad to share, guys and hope the pix help some way in your buying decision. :)

Shaun's photo comparing the Takara and the DC direct is pretty awesome:

I wonder how much work it would be to take the head and hands from that ungodly huge DC Direct body and transplant them onto a BBI Perfect Body or Hot Toys female body. I'm sure the catsuit would have to be replaced, but that's what Triad Toys is for. ;D

I pre-ordered this but was a bit leery of the early pictures, but this really turned out pretty well. Looking forward to getting this (mine comes wednesday from cornerstorecomics). This line is still overpriced, though.

Back