Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is the weight of the cape over time puts stress on the statue, since there is no metal rods going through his mid section the stress is all on the polystone, which eventually bends, then cracks and then snaps... Will it happen to all the statues given time? not sure... but I am glad I sold mine last year, even though I was only able to get $280 for it, it's better then a broken statue that's worth $0

We don't know if the weight of the cape was the only factor, do we? Could have been a weakness at the waist of that particular statue. I think I remember a post from years ago where someone received this statue and right out of the box the statue had broken in two at the same spot. Those are the only two cases that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
d0f5c34eedaa8199c010c17561def9b8.jpg

98daf2c3ddd3bba1322e7c05ae42e04f.jpg

email me for details [email protected]

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I know mostly everybody blames the cape for the leaning issue, but I just got this statue. And imo that cape is not nearly as heavy as the black and grey gargoyle Bats. Now that cape is really heavy and so far no reported leaning issues on it.

I know mostly everybody blames the cape for the leaning issue, but I just got this statue. And imo that cape is not nearly as heavy as the black and grey gargoyle Bats. Now that cape is really heavy and so far no reported leaning issues on it.

Maybe be the base of abat is heavy and more stable?

It may be base related but I don’t see how it could snap him in two. Somethings fishy there.

It may be base related but I don’t see how it could snap him in two. Somethings fishy there.

I think it was just a weak connection at the waist joint. We've never seen one snap like this before, so I'm thinking it's a one-off defective statue.

I hate to be cynical, but that pic is going to sell a lot of fabric capes.

Yeah, that's why I think the piece was defective. Maybe not enough glue at his waist or a small crack there that got worse over time? Either way, it's a horrible thing to see and will only make peeps that see it a little more nervous.

Probably the body was already broken or swim broken. My Punisher of was like that too

Sideshow should do the right thing and give everyone their money back. They made an engineering mistake with this statue. Heavy ass cape + a ****ing seam at the waist with no reinforcement= a recipe for destruction.

I don't think it has to go that far. It would be nice if they took incidents like this on a case by case basis and offered refunds to those who end up having issues like this with the piece.

They won't. Though SS was very nice in their reply to me regarding leaning, they said "ultimately gravity is going to do what it wants to do."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They won't. Though SS was very nice in their reply to me regarding leaning, they said "ultimately gravity is going to do what it wants to do."

If they really said that, what a dopey response. It legitimizes all concerns about leaning in every statue they produce. If gravity is going to do what it wants to, then I guess no statue is safe from that possibility. They saved themselves a few hundred by not replacing your statue, but bought themselves unnecessary bad publicity.

Hahaha seriously...

It's real. I inquired about the lean a while back and included past and present pics. Asked if it was a known issue and if replacement body was possible since regular edition was still up for sale. Even sent pics of the 3M pads I added in addition to the smashed standard pads. Even though I was 1st batch, I figured I wasn't out anything by writing. The ultimate answer was about what I expected but here it is:

fd3717c5df4288b9e11bf34b97cca115.jpg

Back